Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Letting Go

Where's Cloud?

by xX_silence 0 reviews

Faye awakens to discover Cloud has gone missing.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Aeris Gainsborough, Barret Wallace, Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockhart, Vincent Valentine - Published: 2007-05-20 - Updated: 2007-05-20 - 626 words

0Unrated
You can almost feel it flowing through your veins. A peaceful, holy, harmonic feeling... not quite like flying, yet not quite like floating through water.
These were Faye's thoughts as she drifted, sleeping like, through the Lifestream. There was nothing there but her and the shadowy, green, esoteric light. Then suddenly she saw it... a bright green luminosity, so pastel it was almost white. She had to squint just to look at it. She coasted closer and closer, until...
"Miss Highwind, please wake up."
"Huh...?" Faye opened her eyes, but everything still looked fuzzy.
"FAYE!!"
"What'?!" She jerked up and glanced around. "What the hell is all this for?!"
A dark brunette haired girl stood by her bed. She fingered around with the ends of her hair for a moment, then stated matter-of-factly, "You're needed at the bridge."
"Tifee..." she grunted. "And the relevance of this is...?"
"It's Cloud, ma'am. We can't find him."
Oh, great ..., thought Faye. Watch him have jumped off deck and committed suicide. She lumbered out of her bed, pulled into her working knee-knockers, blouse, and pea coat, and ran from the sleeping quarters to the main deck.
"Finally waking?" a black haired, vampire-looking man whispered from a chair by some monitors. He gave her a coy smile and turned in the chair to stare out the vast front windshield at the head of the airship.
"Sleeping beauty arrives!" Tifee cried out, standing by a buff black man. Faye immediately noticed something atypical...
"Barrett, what happened to your arm?"
"I'll answer your questions later," he growled in a booming voice. "I'm sure Motor Mouth here already told you what happened. Where'd you see him last?"
After thinking for a moment, Faye replied, "In the kitchens. He was drinking some milk and I came in there to take some medicine. We talked for a few minutes then I went back to bed."
"And did he say anything about running off?" A fit woman who looked almost exactly like Tifee asked.
"No..." she replied. "He said something about going to feed the chocobos, then started telling me about some weird dream he had, and..."
"A dream?" Vincent -the dead looking man- muttered, putting a halt to his gazing to pay attention.
"It's not like he never does it. He dreams all the time," Tifa said, almost to herself. "If it's not about Nibelheim or Sephiroth, then it's about Aeris or Zack or something."
A memory tickled across Faye's brain, and for a moment she saw the talk between she and the ex-mercenary, almost as if it were happening right in front of her.

**

"I had the dream again, Faye." He took a swig of milk and looked down at a paper sitting on the table.
"What dream?" she inquired, setting the bottle of aspirin back on the shelf by the water dispenser.
"The one... where it's me and her, standing in that field of flowers. She's saying something to me... but I don't know what. Then all of a sudden it I'm in the life stream, staring at her and Zack... and..." He sighed and drained the rest of his glass.
"Do you think there could be a meaning behind it all?"
Cloud was silent for several moments, then finally muttered, "Maybe. It's only happened ever since she died."
Faye was at a loss for words. She stared at her feet, hoping he would say something else.
"Well, you look sleepy. Get some rest, girl, you might be busy tomorrow." He smiled at her as she looked up, but he didn't fool her -- something was definitely on his mind now.

"The forgotten city..." Faye whispered.
"Huh? Forgotten city? Why the hell would he be there?" Barrett grunted.
But they all knew the answer: Aerith.
Sign up to rate and review this story