Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7

Toast

by ixheart 1 review

Rufus teaches Reno a lesson on the aristocratic way to murder. (A bit of drabble with light shonen ai implications.)

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: President Shinra, Reno, Rufus Shinra - Published: 2007-05-21 - Updated: 2007-05-22 - 262 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Too bad we can't just stick a knife in him."

Reno slouched, sitting on the floor, his back curving against the edge of the couch that Rufus had stretched so gracefully and elegantly across.

"You're not a fan of subtly, are you?" Rufus asked. He ran his hand through the Turk's spiky red hair. "You assassins can be so tactless sometimes."

"Fine," Reno answered, taking the hand and planting a kiss on the smooth, white skin. "We'll try it your way."

...

The head of the company sat behind his desk, a cigar held between two of his greedy, grasping fingers. When they entered the room, he cleared the smoke away from in front of his face and gave a little cough of surprise.

"Back from Junon already, boy?"

"Yes. The Turk's training was finished and I thought you might like to see a demonstration of his skills. And I have a gift for you, sir."

On cue, Reno handed him a bottle of wine which Rufus presented to his father. The corpulent man gave another cough, this one more of happiness.

"The demonstration can wait 'til later. Let's open that now." He nodded at Reno, and commanded gruffly, "Fetch us some glasses."

Reno poured three, even though the president would not expect him to be part of the drinking, and passed one to father and son.

"A toast," Rufus said, raising his glass so that the dim light shone on the liquid inside. "To the president of ShinRa."

"'To the president of ShinRa,'" Reno repeated, smirking into the glass as he drank.
Sign up to rate and review this story