Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > One More Night & One More Toy

Take two

by Cucumber 3 reviews

George came running from the living room, his shirt undone and he had lipstick all over his face.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-05-28 - Updated: 2007-05-28 - 647 words

0Unrated
Chapter 16
I had somehow managed to hail a cab and miraculously remembered the address to George's house. I slammed the front door behind me and strode through the hallway. Tears were running from my eyes and I was fighting the urge to cry out loud. Why am I acting this way, it's only natural that he need to let the news sink in.

George came running from the living room, his shirt undone and he had lipstick all over his face.

"Tara?! I thought you were on a date with Pete."

"Well, I'm not."

He grabbed my arm.

"What happened? If he hurt you, I swear -"

"He didn't do anything."

"Okay, just sit down and tell me what happened, okay?"

"Aren't you busy?"

"No, just give me a minute, okay?"

I just nodded. There's no use in arguing with George, that's something I learned early on. I sat down in the kitchen after I had gotten myself a glass of what I hoped to be strong liquor. Few minutes later George reappeared, with his shirt fully buttoned and the lipstick had been washed of his face.

"Ok, what happened? I need the facts, not details."

I took a deep breath before blurting out "Pete'sbecomingadad."

"What? Again, slower please."

"Pete's pregnant." No, wait. That came out wrong. "Some Jane is pregnant."

I saw George's facial expression change from confused to shocked and then to disgust.

"That bitch. It can't be his child, she's fucking whore!"

"She claims it's his. And she wants money."

"How much?"

"I think I heard 60 grand."

"Jesus! That woman is crazy! He should have listened to me."

He mumbled some curse words that I'm not going to repeat. Then he stood up.

"You wait here, I'm going to talk to him."

"Wait, what? Why?"

"Because Pete is an idiot and he doesn't always do the right things."

"Like?"

"Just wait here, okay?"

And with that he was gone. Right, doesn't look like I'm going anywhere, so I can just as well get myself another drink.


I woke up from my slumber when I heard the front door slam shut. I looked at my watch, 1am. Why is he so late? I looked up when I heard him sit down in the chair opposite me.

"Got anymore of this?"

I poured him a glass.

"So, what happened?"

"Not much, he's a mess, which isn't news, and he hasn't got a clue what to do."

"What can he do?"

"I don't know. I think the only thing he can really do now is ask for a paternity test."

"What if it's positive?"

He looked up and sighed.

"I haven't got a clue. Pete's pretty much unpredictable."


When I made my way downstairs the next morning I saw a big picnic basket on the kitchen table. On top of it was a note that read:

Sorry about last night.
Let me make it up to you.
Pete.

I smiled to myself; maybe the situation wasn't as hopeless as I thought at first. I quickly ran upstairs to get dressed. I wondered what he had in mind, because he can be pretty unpredictable!

Once dressed and presentable I went downstairs again. The basket was gone and instead Pete was sitting by the table, drinking coffee. He smiled and stood up when he saw me.

"What takes girls so long to get ready?"

"Why do I have the feeling that you take even longer time getting ready then me?"

"That feeling is wrong." He winked at me. "Now come on before your brother starts yelling at me again."

"What did you do this time?"

"I don't know, he's been in a weird mood lately, don't you think."

I just nodded. Truthfully I couldn't care less about my brother at this point. I followed Pete out to his car where he opened the door for me and helped me in.
Sign up to rate and review this story