Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > My Heart Can't Take This Hurt

Chapter 14

by Rybekka 3 reviews

...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-29 - Updated: 2007-05-29 - 1286 words

0Unrated
Jump to Tuesday. The day Sophia came home.

I hadn't been able to see her yet. I was pacing the main hall searching the crowd for her curly brown hair. Still nothing. And it was lunchtime.

I wasn't happy about it. But I couldn't help but feel relieved that I didn't have to face her yet. You know, because of that ... kiss.

The thought of that night made me completely forget about the outside world for a second. Making me walk into something, or someone.

"Oh, sorry!" Her voice filled my ears and at the same time I felt so happy yet nervous.

She hadn't changed a bit. Still the same pretty shy smile. Still the same brown hair I wish I could run my hands through like she was mine. Still that same spark in her eyes whenever she saw me. Well, it had only been 3 days. But STILL. It had felt like forever.

"Sophia!" I said and immediately wrapped my hands around her into a hug. "You're here!"

She hugged me back without a word. When I released her she had that shy smile plastered over her face. I wondered if I should bring up that kiss.

"So..."

"I'm hungry. Lets go eat!" she said suddenly and pushed me towards the cafeteria.

"Oh, okay." I said surprised at her forwardness all of a sudden. She avoided looking at me all the time while we were walking. She was suddenly more interested in her surroundings the me. I felt the nervousness flutter in my stomach as we approached the table where Spencer and Jon were sitting at. Brendon seemed to be missing.

Sophia sat down and started talking to Jon, ignoring me completely. I silently sat down confused as hell. Sophia was acting so weird. Was it because of that kiss? Of course it was about that, she didn't like me and now thought it was for the best to ignore me. Way to go Ryan.

When I had lost all hope she was even going to look at me again she turned from Jon and looked me in the eyes.

"So, how have you been?" she said uncomfortably.

"Umm, I've been..." Saved by the bell. Well she was. She jumped up leaving me with a 'goodbye' and a view of her walking to class in a hurry.

Sigh.

I stood up then walked to class with Jon and Spencer. That reminded me, Brendon hadn't shown up for lunch.

_____________________________________
I was putting my books in my locker at the end of the school day. I hadn't even gotten a look in my direction.

"Ryan!" hoping it was Sophia I turned around to see Sarah walking down the hall with a big smile on her face. I waved back hiding the disappointment and closed my locker.

"I just wanna say thank you" she said still with that smile on her face. She was really excited about something and couldn't hide it.

"Um, for what?" I said confused and stared into her deep green eyes.

"For introducing me to Brendon" She said and that smile turned into a happy grin.

"Oh, right... Wait what?" I said suddenly confused again. She giggled. "You mean you and him?" She nodded.

"So, that's where he was all lunch break, with you?" I said smirking.

"Yeah, he was asking me out." She said smiling shyly. My smirk just grew bigger. "But we didn't do anything!" she added noticing my smirk and punched me in the shoulder. I replaced that smirk with a pout.

"I didn't say anything." I said and smiled.

"Sure." she said rolling her eyes. I laughed.

"Well, congratulations!" I said smiling and pulled her into a hug. She hugged me back but the hug was cut short when I saw someone standing in front of us.

I released my arms around Sarah and looked at Sophia standing there. Well, she wasn't standing there for long cause she kinda ran away when she saw me looking at her. I glanced back at Sarah before running after Sophia.

I didn't take long to catch up to her. Finally when she was in my reach I caught a hold of her wrist and stopped her. In the middle of the hall. In front of everyone.

She tried to fight my hold but I wasn't going to let her go until I got the chance to explain.

When she realized that I wasn't going to let her go she calmed down and looked into my eyes. It looked as if she was going to start crying. I felt so confused, one moment she was ignoring me and the other she was crying, because of me?

I pulled her closer to me still not letting go of her hand.

"Sophia, what's going on?" I asked confused. She looked down at her shoes trying to make herself disappear. Well, we were in the middle of the main hall. Surrounded by our classmates. Who were starting to stare. This was quite awkward, how was I going to talk to her with everyone staring at us?

"Come on," I said and pulled her into the empty boys restroom and locked the door.

"Ryan, I'm not supposed to be in here!" she said worriedly and tried opening the door.

"Sophia, please just stop it. I need to talk to you." I said leaning against a wall. "I mean, what's going on with you? Just talk to me"

She stopped trying to open the door and walked awkwardly across the restroom floor, avoiding my stare.

"Sophia!" I said frustrated. She finally looked at me.

"What." she said sounding annoyed.

"Could you please tell me why you've been ignoring me, and why you ran off like that."

"Well. How could I not? You were hugging Sarah! And-and, now you like her cause I acted like an idiot earlier. Not that I'm saying that you ever liked me but, I like you and I just can't take it to see you with her, knowing that you don't. Like me I mean. Ohh" she finished looking down at her shoes again. Wishing she could disappear again.

"Then what did you think I was thinking when I kissed you?" I said simply. Her eyes widened. "Don't tell me you've forgotten about that"

"I-I-I.. Well, I thought, I mean. You left!" She said like it was all my fault.

"Yeah, I left because you didn't say anything" I said getting confused all over again.

"I didn't say anything because I though you were just, I don't know. Making a mistake or something. And it had looked like a mistake to you when you ran off." she said just as confused as I was.

I stared into her eyes as I approached her. "Well, does this feel like a mistake?"

I softly brushed my lips against hers, not quite sure of what I was doing. I started to get nervous she wouldn't want to kiss me back, but then she did. I put my hands on her hips and pulled her closer to me feeling her body pressed against mine. She had slightly opened her mouth and I took that as a sign to deepen the kiss. I ran my tongue into her mouth, as the kiss got even deeper I could feel myself getting breathless. I pulled our lips apart.

"Sophia..." I whispered still with my eyes closed. "I think, I think I might be in love with you." I opened my eyes to see her reaction, at first I saw her eyes widen just a bit but then her expression turned into small smile. "I've been in love with you from the start" she whispered back and pulled our lips together again.
Sign up to rate and review this story