Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Falter

Chapter 14

by hips-n-hearts86 6 reviews

Peyton Clarkson's boyfriend had just signed with one of the biggest recording companies around, and now hes heading out to tour with another major band, Fall Out Boy. What happens when he can't alw...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2007-05-29 - Updated: 2007-05-30 - 3493 words

3Exciting
ok...so..umm...I'm guess the last chapter wasn't that great of a hit..idk..just my opinion LOL but anywho...I would like to thank you all for your wonderful reviews. I heart you like whoa!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~
"So, this is my home." Patrick commented as he threw the heavy bags next to the door. He waited for Peyton's reaction to his mess of an apartment but it never came.

"AH! Patrick!" Peyton threw her things down right next to his and flopped down on the couch.

"Please, make your self at home?" He shut the door quietly behind him and joined her on the couch, laying right on top of her.

Peyton giggled like a school girl making Patrick scrunch up his face in disgust. "I'm sorry Trick, its just I'm just so glad to be home." He raised an eyebrow at her, questioning her almost. "Well, not home as in 'Hey I'm living with Patrick Stumph' but more like 'Hey I'm home in Chicago, the windy city! The best place ever. Not the whole living with you thing because that is just to sudden." She was rambling. "But yeah I missed coming here, you know Chicago, not your apartment. Why would I miss that? I mean this is the first time I've been here and..."

Patrick placed a single finger over her lips to silence her. "Shush you!" She smiled against his finger and nodded. "Now, calm down and relax. Mi casa es su casa. Ok?"

Peyton nodded again and finally took the time to look around the place. True she was trapped underneath her "boyfriend" but from what she could see...well it was a mess. "Umm Patrick?"

Patrick mumbled an incoherent 'Yeah.' from the side of Peyton's neck causing her to laugh once again. "Why is almost everything in here in boxes?"

He pulled his lips away from her neck for a moment to survery his own apartment. He really needed to get his E-Bay addiction under control. "Oh, this stuff? Its nothing. Just random things I bought off the computer. I will unpack them someday soon. So..." His eye's glazed over in lust. "Want to see the bedroom?"

"PATRICK!" Peyton smacked him playfully as he continued his attack on her neck. "Whoa buddy! You need to slow it down a bit here. I don't think I'm ready to repopulate the world just yet."

He laughed lightly as he lifted his body off of hers and sat back on his heels staring down at the woman in front of him. "I don't think I want that either." He shrugged and reached out for her, helping her up. "Atleast not right now, it was just a kind of in the moment thing. You know what I mean." She nodded slowly as she stood up and began exploring his living room. "So, what do you plan on doing while your home?"

Peyton smiled and ran her hand gently over a picture of Patrick and his mother that was placed in the middle of the fireplace. "I would like to meet this woman and have a talk with her about her son."

"This weekend?" Peyton could swear she saw fear flash across his face.

"No, not this weekend, but maybe later on down the road. You know when we decide to take a chance and dodge bullets on repopulating the world and all." She chuckeled as she moved on to the other pictures on the fireplace. "Besides, your mother would love me."

"She would."

Peyton turned and walked over to him, bending over just a little to give him a quick peck on the lips. "I do have some ideas for this weekend."

Patrick wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back onto the couch in his lap. "What would those plans be Miss Clarkson? Do they somehow involve me?"

"Maybe. We will see won't we." She smiled at Patrick's attempt and failure of a puppy dog face. "That doesn't look good on you." He scrunced his face up again and stared at her over his glasses. "Yes, thats the best face I have ever seen you give Mr. Stumph. Haha but no, seriously I do have some plans for this weekend."

"Like..." Patrick coaxed her with his eyes and his hands as they ran up and down her back.

"Well, first off. I think we should sleep in tomorrow. I could really go for some beauty rest.."

"I don't think you need it to be honest."

"Don't interrupt me.."

"But I was just letting you..."

"I don't care that you were complimenting me dear, but let me finish." She laughed at his expression and then continued on. "Anyways, we should sleep in. Then I really need to go over to my old apartment when Oliver isn't there to get my stuff. I heard him say that he was going to visit his some old friends tomorrow afternoon so I think that will be the best time to go and get my stuff."

"I can help you if you want. It would probably be easier."

Peyton shook her head. "No, I don't have much stuff to grab and it shouldn't take me long. Before that though, we should definetly go grocery shopping because, yeah I can only imagine what is in that fridge over there. And afterwards maybe we can go to dinner. My treat."

Patrick gasped and his hand flung to his chest. "I can't believe you don't want me to go with you. I'm really good at grabbing the underwear drawer." Peyton laughed and he smiled at her facial expression. "And I can't believe your treating for dinner. Isn't that MY job considering it would be OUR first date?"

Peyton rolled that thought over in her mind and shrugged. "So I guess it will be, and I guess you will be the one to tell our grandchildren that their grandmother paid for their first date."

"Wait, were having grandchildren?"

"Yeah, like a bajillion of them."

Patrick laughed as his grip on her tightened. "So when will we atleast attempt at repopulating the world?"

Peyton leaned in and kissed him gently. "Not until all these boxes are unpacked and everything is in place."

"Well then, we have a long night ahead of us Peyton."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Her back hurt, her feet hurt, and the kid behind her that was continuously kicking her seat was getting on her last nerve. That was the last thing you wanted to do to a four, almost five, month pregnant woman. Especially since her flight was delayed twice and she was now very, very hungry.

Kick.

Gwen whipped around in her seat, throwing her magazine onto the floor of the plane to yell at the kid behind her. "FOR GOD SAKES! STOP KICKING MY DAMN CHAIR!"

The little boy looked scared of her for a moment before he smiled and kicked her chair again.

"Oh you little bastard! Where the hell are your parents?" She pulled her hair back behind her ears as she skimmed the plane looking for someone who resembled the little moronic boy now facing her.

The little boy shrugged and kicked her seat again. "I don't know, you tell me...bastard!" He was pure evil.

Gwen was beyond irratated at this point. "Listen here Damien! I don't see Satan on this plane, so you either stop kicking my goddamn seat or I'm going to start kicking your goddamn ass here in a minute!"

The boy busted out in laughter and stuck his tongue out at her. Begging her to try and hurt him. "I dare you old lady!"

That was it. "OLD LADY?!? OLD LADY! Where the hel.." Gwen was stopped by a pair of hands enveloping her waist and being pulled back down into her seat.

When she was finally placed back in her seat, she glanced at the person who had broken up her fight with the little hellion behind her. "Pete? What the...how did you get on this plane?"

Pete smiled and looked behind him giving the kid a thumbs up. "Well, a little birdie told me you were going home to visit your mom and get some stuff together to move to Chicago with Peyton so I decided you could use some help."

Gwen narrowed her eyes at him. "I don't need any help, I'm perfectly fine."

"You were threatening an eight year old! By the way, I know him, we go way back." Gwen huffed and relaxed once again in her seat. "His name isn't Damien either, its Andrew. I think he's kind of a cutie. Maybe thats what your kid will be like, a little 'bastard' as you put it. I can see how well your going to be dealing with it."

"Shut up Peter! Not cool." She pointed her finger at him, blaming him for knowing the kid behind her. Pete reached out and grabbed her finger and kissed it gently. "I hate you!"

He smiled against her finger, and then grabbed her hand, holding it close to him. "But baby, hate is a strong word."

"Well then, I really, really, really don't like you." Gwen smiled as she saw Pete's eyebrows raise. "Pun intended."

"Gotcha."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

There were way to many people in this grocery store, he was bound to be noticed for sure, and the woman he was falling for could give two shits as she bounced up and each aisle throwing random objects into thier shopping cart.

"Oh, and you need one of these. You know just in case." She had thrown a box of tampons in the buggy.

Patrick lowered his hat more and peered out underneath it at her. "Peyton..I really don't think those are a necessity."

Peyton stopped her little hop down the femine hygiene aisle and turned to the bashful guy behind her. "Oh my dear friend. They are. That and midol. Have you seen that anywhere?"

"Peyton..." He growled, begging her to leave this aisle. "Please can we go look at the canned goods or maybe some produce possibly."

Peyton gave him a confused looked and pulled the buggy away from him. "Why would you get produce when all it is going to do is rot by time you come back home. Patrick you have to have the necessities for when you come home after the tour and as well as this weekend."

"So then we should put the tampons back...like now." He whispered as an elderly couple walked by them.

Peyton huffed and picked them up out of the shopping cart and threw them onto a shelf. "FINE PATRICK! WOULD YOU RATHER GO LOOK AT THE CONDOMS THEN?!"

The elderly couple that were just about five feet away from them turned and looked at them with digust. 'Thats disgust.' Patrick thought as he tried his best to shield his eyes from them.

"Can we please leave this aisle Peyton...PLEASE!" He whispered harshly.

Patrick felt a hand run over his back and a soft voice in his ear. "Oh honey, if I were you, I would try the heated ribbed ones. They are quite nice. Me and Henry use them all the time."

Peyton burst out in laughter as Patrick turned as red as a tomato. "Betty for God sake's leave the kids alone, they don't need advice on any condoms."

"Well Henry, I thought maybe they would like some pointers. You never know my dear." The woman named Betty patted Patrick's back comfortingly and walked over to her husband. "Come on you old dog. We need to get the prunes and the orange juice."

"Please tell me we are done in this aisle baby PLEASE!" Patrick was pretty much on his knees begging her to abandon her quest.

Peyton was doubled over in laughter. "Oh yeah...haha...come on..haha we have to get some...haha orange juice...haha I have a craving for it all of a sudden."

Patrick followed her as she continued to laugh and point out random objects that somehow related to sex and made Patrick blush uncontrolably. They had ran into the elderly couple two more times before exiting the store and walking to their car. Thats when they found out they were parked next to each other.

"...and sometimes its nice to change things up a bit honey. You know you don't want to always do it the same way. It gets old....fast." Betty rolled her eyes for dramatics.

"Goddamnit Betty get in the vehicle. We still have to go and get our prescriptions. Jesus. I'm sorry kids about my wife, she doesn't know when to shut her trap." Henry shook Patrick's hand and then proceeded to get into his mini van.

"I do to Henry. Ah, but anyways," Betty reached out and touched Peyton's cheek like only an experienced grandmother would. "It was nice to meet you both. Take care of her young man. Remember heated and ribbed."

"BETTY!"

"I'm coming! I swear sometimes I think I should of just married Elvis Presley." Betty mumbled as she got into her car.

Patrick smiled at Peyton as she began loading the groceries into the trunk of his SUV. She was smiling and laughing, and it was contagious. "You seem happy."

"I am happy." She turned and kissed him on the cheek and closed the trunk of the car. "You make me happy."

"I'm glad I do." Patrick climbed into the driver's side and waited for Peyton to buckle in before taking off into the busy Chicago traffic. "So what time are you going over to your old place?"

Peyton shrugged and reached over to grab Patrick's free hand. "Probably after we unload the car. I don't want to be there to late because remember we have dinner plans tonight." She lifted his hand and kissed the back of it. "It shouldn't take me very long so don't worry about it."

Patrick took his eye's off the road for a second to glance over at her. "I know you will be. I was just wondering how much time I have to clear out those boxes."

Peyton laughed and pointed to a side road. "Take that street and make a left at the end of it. It will be faster that way." Patrick did as he was told and smiled at how she knew these little tricks. "I used to like live on this street back in the day." It was like she was reading his mind. "And when I say back in the day, I mean like when I first moved here before the apartment that I used to share with Oliver."

"You lived in two apartments in the span of what six months." Patrick turned the wheel and brought her hand over his lap and let it rest there.

"Yeah, when we first moved here there was like nothing available by the studio he was recording. So we would drive all the way across town to get there and back. When an apartment did open closer we just moved there."

"I see." Patrick let go of her hand for a second and shifted the car into park. "Well were home."

"Well don't you mean your home, I'm just visiting." Peyton opened her door to get out and Patrick grabbed her quickly pulling her back into the car.

"No, your home too."

"Oh, ok." Peyton leaned over and kissed him deeply before jumping out of the car and running to the trunk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

"PATRICK! I'm leaving now, I should be back in about an hour! OK?!" Peyton shouted as she checked herself in the mirror once more before exiting Patrick's room.

"Ok, I will see you later!" He yelled back to her from the bathroom. She could hear the water running so she assumed he was getting ready for their dinner date.

"Oh, and sweetie?"

"Yes shnookums?" He replied playfully as he turned off the faucet.

"Please don't follow me ok?"

"I won't I promise." Patrick said as he emerged from the bathroom clad only in a towel.

Peyton's mouth dropped as she stared at him. "Goddamn Patrick. Really is that appropriate for right now?"

Patrick stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her. He smelled like soap and toothpaste. "What? You don't like it? I wanted to wear it to dinner."

She laughed lightly as she kissed him seductively. "No there wouldn't be dinner if you showed up like that. Only dessert."

He pressed his forehead against hers. "Fuck dinner."

"No, I want dinner. I want a first date."

Patrick shrugged and pulled away from her gently. "Well if thats the case my love. You had better leave, like now. We have reservations at seven."

Peyton quickly pecked him once more before running out the door.

'Yep. Definetly falling for her.' He thought as he reached for his ringing cell phone. "Hey baby, what did you forget?" He questioned not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"OH baby I love it when you talk like that to me. Do it again!" Exclaimed Pete from the other end of the phone line.

"Pete...what the...I thought this was Peyton." Patrick walked back into the bathroom and ran a a comb through his hair.

"Oh but sugar lips. I'm so much better than her. Ow, GWEN! I was just kidding!" Pete laughed.

"Gwen huh? So you did go to Ohio with her?" He smiled at his reflection and proceeded to leave the bathroom open his closet door. He had to wear a special hat tonight.

"Yeah it was kind of the spur of the moment thing. I found her on my plane harassing an eight year old. You remember Andrew right Trick?" Pete questioned.

Patrick racked his brain for why that name sounded so familiar. "Andrew...Andrew...Andrew...OH! Do you mean the little hellion who used to shoot paint balls at my parents windows?"

"YES! HIM! God I love that kid..OW GWEN STOP HITTING ME!" Pete yelled into the phone.

"Please..don't yell in my ear. Hello Gwen!" Patrick chuckled into the phone.

He heard a distand 'Hi Patty Mc Pat Pat' and smiled. "So where is your little hellion Peyton tonight?"

Patrick shrugged and continued to dress on the phone. "She went to her old apartment to get a couple of things. She said it would only take her an hour then were going to dinner and get this Pete, she's paying for it."

He could hear Pete grab his chest in mock heart attack. "No way! Thats a first. Why aren't you going with her to her old place? What if Oliver's there?"

"Oh I am going with her. She just doesn't know it yet."

"Your stalking her?"

Patrick winced. "Now when you say it like that Pete it sounds horrible, but in reality its not that bad. I just want to make sure everything goes over smoothly and.."

"..make sure that Oliver doesn't show up right?" Pete answered for him.

"Exactly. Well hey I hate to cut this short but I really got to get going if I want to catch up to her at the apartment." Patrick threw on his shoes and grabbed his car keys as he locked the door behind him.

"Alrighty dude. Send Peyton my love."

"Ok will do. Bye."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

'I can do this, I can do this, I can do this..' Peyton thought as she slowly pushed open the door to her old apartment. 'Ok, maybe I can't. The smell that had wafted from the apartment was gross. It smelled of stale ciggaretts, beer and sex. She hated the fact that he had let this place go to hell in just a matter of one day.

Peyton stepped over the threshold, past the empty pizza box and the cans of beer and made her way to her old room. She could only imagine what the hell had went on in fhere with what seems to of only happened mere hours ago. "He's a pig." She blurted out to no one in patricular.

Upon opening the door to her old bedroom, she was met with a huge stain in the once beautiful white down comforter she had bought right before they had embarked on their adventure. "Ew, so much for taking that with me." She made her way past the bed and walked over to the nightstand, opening it up as quietly as possible.

"Ah HA! There it is!" She exclaimed as she grabbed her grandmother's locket out of the top drawer. This was the only real possesion she had wanted to keep. "Ok, well I guess I can grab some.." A sudden sharp pain had shot through her back and her head. "Ow what the he.." Another sharp pain and Peyton was laying face down on the dingy carpet.

Her eyes felt heavy, her vision was blurred and she felt cold. Very cold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

ah..so there it is....its longer than I expected...let me know what you think
Sign up to rate and review this story