Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Friends and Enemies

Chapter 7-Kiss her, Kiss her-June 10

by rejected_smurf_god 1 review

Kendra and Pete spend some time together and Paris Hilton comes into the conversation.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-31 - Updated: 2007-05-31 - 1022 words

0Unrated
Pete and I were hanging out in the tree house in my backyard. It was midnight and we were to lazy to get up and go to bed.

He had wrapped himself in one of his hoodies and pulled the hood over his eyes. He wasn't asleep though. He'd always tell me if he was falling asleep so I wouldn't babble continously while no one listened. He was just resting quietly watching the galaxy through his hood.

"Hey Pete?" I asked suddenly.

"Hmmm?" He replied.

"Do you really think we're alone in the universe?"

He sighed.

"Kendra, you're going UFO on my. Of course I do. Where do you think we get people like that freak rich kid from science? What was her name? Oh, right-Paris." he replied.

I giggled.

"I can see her making a sex tape." I said.

He snorted.

"Yeah, and then stealing it. Or maybe she'll go to jail." He retorted.

I laughed.

"She'll probably throw a hissy fit and only have to go for 20-some days." I replied.

He shook his head.

"What Paris Hilton will do in life." He said.

"Hear, Hear." I stated.

"Ok, if Paris is going to be a whore who makes her own sex tape and steals it and then only goes to jail for a reduced 20-some days, what do you see for me?" He asked, rollon onto his stomach to look at me.

I thought.

"I bet you and Andy, Patrick, and Joe will become huge. You'll name your band something wierd. You'd probably be the spokesperson, per sey, and girls would be falling at your feet.

He snorted again.

"You kidding me? My eyes are set too far apart, I have girl fingers, my hips jut out, and I can never look reasonable good inboy jeans." He turned to look at me. "What would happen to you?"

I sighed.

"Honestly? I really don't know what will come of me. I guess I'd be your 'groupie' and have a whole bunch of rumors circulate around me and after a while I'd find some guy at some music festival and fall in love with him and marry him. I'd settle down, have a child*, maybe, but this is coming from the girl who was going to stay up until nine in the morning and then sleep the rest of the day off for the whole summer."

Pete chuckled.

"Some plan, huh?" he asked.

"That plan was screwed from day one. Swear it to the fact that Chris is a total douche-bag." I said.

He fell silent.

"Don't worry about me, Pete. Chris is gone**. I'll be fine." I whispered.

"I don't care about Chris," he replied "I care only about you."

I froze up and didn't dare look at Pete. He was quiet too and I oculd feel his eyes in my head.

"Kendra?" he whispered again.

My throat closed in a way to stop tears from flowing I couldn't answer.

"Pete," I finally managed to choke out, "Wow, that-that's so sweet."

He sat up and watched me. I glanced at him and saw him stare at the ground.

"Pete." I started his eyes darted toward mine again. "You've been there for me since the day we met, in the sandbox when we were five. I don't see how I couldn't care about you."

He smiled at the floor.

"I don't think you quite understand, Kendra." He whispered. "YOu are the world to me. Even when you're angry at me you're there for me."

Tears threatened to pour down my face. I could feel them quivering on my eyelids*.

Pete took a deep breath.

"Kendra, I love you." He whispered

Out of reflex I murmured an 'I love you too' and he shook his head his gaze falling once more to the floor.

Then it struck me as what he was trying to say. He truely did love me.

"Pete." I murmured, my tears refusing to stay locked behind my eyelashes. "I love you too."

He looked up to see if I was telling the truthe. He smiled when he realized I was.

Moments passed as we stared at each other. I'm pretty sure I had a 'what now?' look on my face. I finally got fed up with staring and lifted myself off the old wooden floor of the tree house and pressed my lips to his.

He didn't respond at first but then he wrapped his arms around me and didn't let me go until we had to break apart to breathe.

He placed his forehead on mine and smiled at me.

"We should probably get some sleep. I won't try anything. I promise." He whispered.

He pulled out a blanket and threw it over both of us. He swung an arm over my waist and placed his chin on the top of my head.

I fell asleep with Pete right next to me and when I woke up he was still there. He hadn't moved all night. I smiled to myself and snuggled back into Pete's chest to get more sleep but someone coughed.

Scared shitless I braced myself for some creepy rapist hobo but it only turned out to be Andy and Patrick.

"Something you guys want to tell us?" Andy asked.

I looked at Pete who was still sleeping and then back at Andy and Patrick and smiled a guilty smile.

"Hey guys. Me and Pete were hanging out in the tree house and we were to lazy to get up and go to bed." I said.

Patrick sighed and turned to Andy. "You owe me five dollars."

Andy grudginly dug in his pocket and pulled out five dollars. He turned to me "Bout time you got together." an dthen he turned to Patrick and gave him the money.

Leave it to them to bet on love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*= Foreshadowing maybe?
**= Or is he?
*= Have you noticed how much Kendra's cried lately? I'm mean God, do you think she's ever going to run out of tears?

Oh, I got high off the smell of my pencil yesterday when I was adding to this story. It smelled piney fresh.
Sign up to rate and review this story