Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Series Of Events

You'll Forever Hang Over My Heart

by xharlequingirl 3 reviews

[Short Pete Story] Pete and Carleigh are best friends until it all changes one night.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-03-11 - Updated: 2007-05-08 - 1241 words - Complete

1Moving
Peter Wentz walked into his first period home room class. It was his favorite class of the day just because his best friend, Carleigh was in his class. He threw his book down on the table and sat down in the chair, leaning back and stretching.

"Hey, grumpy." Carleigh smiled as she came into the room and sat down in her seat next to him. They had been assigned different seats in the beginning of the year but neither listened and sat next to each other. She leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

"I'm not grumpy." He gave her one of his best smiles. "How are you feeling, Miss. I'll take the day off and not tell Pete?"

"I'm okay. My head still hurts a little bit." She said opening her binder and heading the page. "I think I'll make it through the day. It is Friday." She smiled. "You know what that means?"

"Party time?" He laughed and leaned back in the chair. "What's the plan for tonight, anyway?"

"I think I'm going to stay at home and chill. I just want to relax for a little bit. I don't want to have to worry about getting drunk and getting a hangover or anything." She laughed and then grabbed her still pounding head.

"Can I hang out with you?" Pete asked, a pout forming on his face as he batted his eyelashes at her. "Please?"

"Of course you can hang out with me. Have I ever said no to you?" She laughed. "Don't answer that."

"Just that one time when you wouldn't sleep with me." He smiled at her. She knew he was just playing around. He had asked her and she had denied him, but it was just that one time.

"That one time out of like ten." She poked him in the chest playfully. "Anyway, come by the house and we'll see what happens." She turned her attention to the teacher and the board.

Latter that night, Pete had come over like he had asked. He and Carleigh were laying on her bed watching a movie. Both of Carleigh's brothers were out partying and weren't expected until early in the morning and her parents were away for the weekend.

"So, do you think he killed her?" He whispered during the movie.

"Shh." Carleigh shushed him by putting a finger up to his lip and watched tv. She held her hand over his mouth until the movie was over. It wasn't bad seeing as how the movie was almost over. She just needed to know the ending.

"Yes, he killed her." Pete said once she had moved her hand. "That sucks, good movie though." He rolled over onto his side and tucked his feet under her blanket.

"What time do you have to be home?" Carleigh asked as she turned on her side to face him as well.

"About midnight. My mom gave me extra time because I'm with you. Not like I go home when I'm supposed to anyway..." He trailed off as he fluffed her pillow and got comfortable again. It was only ten to eleven now.

"That's not too bad." She whispered and smiled at him. She took her fingers bringing them to up to her chest and her neck, taking off the cross that hung from it. "If I give you something will you always wear it?" She asked as she fingered the cross in her hands.

"Not that, Carleigh, why?" He asked as she reached over and out it around his neck. "What are you trying to say?" He wasn't sure what she was getting at by giving him her favorite cross. The only necklace she ever wore. It had a lot of meaning to her.

"Well..." She started off slowly. "When you and one of your bands get famous and we hardly have time to see each other anymore, I want you to always have a piece of me with you. I never want you to forget your best friend." She smiled. "I want you to wear it for me."

"Always, I'll never take it off." He smiled, hugging her tightly. "I love you, Carleigh. You're the best."

"I love you, too, Pete." She smiled as she hugged him even tighter and held him in that hug. She just wanted to hold him for a little bit.

At around midnight, Pete decided to pry himself away from Carleigh and head home. He knew she wasn't feeling well and he didn't want to leave her by herself, but, he knew if he wasn't home his mother would come looking for him. She had this big fear that he and Carleigh were having lots of unprotected sex and she would end up getting pregnant. He wouldn't fight with her though because his only argument would be that they used protection. And, then she would know they were having sex. He shrugged off the thoughts and finished his walk home.



The next morning, Pete rolled over to the sound of someone pounding on his door. It sounded like a train was about to come barreling through his room. He had forgotten that he had his door locked from the night before. He sat up and untangled the necklace that hung on his chest. It was laying on the left side of his chest, right over his heart.

Getting up he walked over to the door and unlocked it. Stepping back, he pulled open the door and looked at Andrew who was sanding on the other side. He looked like he had been crying. Andrew never cried, ever. He usually tried to hide these emotions. "Drew, what's wrong?" Pete asked, pulling him into the room.

"Carleigh..." He said, wiping his face. He and Carleigh weren't as close as Pete and she were, but they were still good friends and they hung out once in a while.

"Carleigh, what?" Pete yelled, becoming agitated. The last thing he wanted to hear was that something bad happened to her. He would be kicking himself in the ass, and apologizing for leaving her alone.

"She's dead..." Andrew said, almost choking on his words. He wanted to bad to be the one to tell Pete because they were so close, but in reality the words were so hard to get out.

"She what?!" No, shut up. Stop lying." Joel shook his head. "She's fine, I just saw her last night, we hung out...we...had sex, we watched a movie!" He protested.

"She committed suicide, Pete! Did you know she was going to do that?!" Andrew stood up and looked at him.

"If I knew she was going to do that I would have stopped her!" Pete said as he finally lost it and slid down the wall. He wrapped his arms around his knees as he cried into them. He clutched the necklace in his free hand. He couldn't believe. She was gone for good and there was nothing bringing her back to him. If only he had stayed with her last night, she might not have done it. She might have still been there for him.

Now he understood why she gave him the necklace, she had every intention of killing herself, but she wanted to make sure he remember her. He would never forget her, necklace or not, but now she was still with him. She would forever hang over his heart.
Sign up to rate and review this story