Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age

Thank God For Cell Phones - JUNE 3

by AlexSanDee 5 reviews

Parting at the airport with a surprise.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-06-03 - Updated: 2007-06-03 - 1406 words

2Moving
As early as it was the airport was still teaming with people scurrying around. Monica and Gerard stood a short distance from the departure gate holding hands. "I hate saying goodbye to you." Gerard said sadly.

"The time we're apart will fly by." Monica said trying to keep an upbeat attitude. "While you're gone I'm going to spend time making our house, our home. By the way what kind of a limit do I have on the credit cards?" she teased.

He smiled knowing what she was up to, "Gonna max out the credit cards?"

"Well, if I run out of money I could always sell that grill on our deck."

He pulled her into his arms, "You wouldn't dare. Grill Master Way must have that grill."

She tried to keep their parting happy, "You know I was thinking, I really like your grilling apron. I was wondering if maybe you would wear it when you get home?"

He looked puzzled, "For sure, I'm planning on making dinner for you and the girls when I get back."

Monica nuzzled his neck, "Actually I was thinking of a romantic dinner, just you and me."

"OK" he smiled.

"And I was thinking you could wear your apron, and nothing else." She giggled when she heard him moan slightly.

"Woman, you are evil. Getting me horney before I get on a plane to leave for two weeks." His lips crashed down on hers.

"I just don't want you to forget about me," she admitted when their lips parted.

He gently touched her cheek, "That could never happen."


Bob, Kara, Alicia and Mikey all arrived together, but had split apart wanting to spend just a bit more alone time.

Kara promptly drug Bob to the Starbuck's kiosk. "I want a white chocolate mocha."

Bob just stared at her for a moment. "Please" she added giving him puppy dog eyes. Bob chuckled and shook his head. He ordered the coffee. While they were waiting for the order, Kara spotted the duty free store. "Bob, I'll be over here." she informed him and promptly abandoned him to wait.

Bob entered the shop a few minutes later to find Kara looking at purses. "Pookie, isn't this just the cutest thing ever?" Bob ignored the question and handed Kara her coffee. "Kara, let's go find the others." He really just wanted to get her alone so he could give her one last proper goodbye. "Oh, Bob we have simply oodles of time. What do you think of this one?"

"Kara, while I'm gone.."

"Bob, look over there. Aren't those adorable?" Bob just groaned and went to a neutral corner while she shopped. His mind went over the events of the last few hours. Every time the subject of his leaving came up, Kara quickly changed the subject. Was she even going to miss him? It sure didn't feel like it.


Mikey held Alicia's hand and talked softly to her. "I'm going to miss you"

Alicia tried to smile bravely, "I'll miss you too but I have the cats to keep me company."

"You're telling me I can be replaced with a cat?" He put his arms around her and sighed, "I always knew you liked them better than me."

"Funny, Mikey. I like you more than the cats." She smiled, "Well some of them. I didn't want to tell you until you had left, but Bunny and I are running away to Acapulco. We're going to live the life of beach bunnies." She laughed at her joke but a tear escaped from one eye.

Mikey laughed, "Actually, Pumpkin and I were thinking of moving to the Bahamas. I'm glad you won't mind." His laugh turned into an uncomfortable silence. He reached out and pulled Alicia to him. They stood forehead to forehead, each lost in their own thoughts.

"Love you baby," he said knowing the time was growing near for the guys to enter the boarding area.

Alicia felt a flutter of fear in her heart. She closed her eyes for a brief moment and gathered all her strength, "I love you Mikey"


"You're next doctors appointment is for the day after we get back, right?" Frank asked for the tenth time.

Jamia smiled, "Yes, Frankie. I had the nurse lay in a supply of rubber gloves for you to blow up."

Frank nodded, "Yippee." He took her in his arms, "I just don't want to miss seeing the babies." He looked at her sadly, "Jamia for the first time since I joined the band I really feel bad about leaving."

She knew she couldn't let him feel this way, "Frankie, you know the band is a big part of your life. So you're gonna be gone a few weeks, it's OK. When you get back I'll be even bigger and meaner than before."

He kissed her cheek, "Take care of our babies for me."

Jamia closed her eyes and whispered, "I will Frankie, I promise."


Brian was herding the guys together, it was time to leave. Last kisses were given then the band members all stood together. Mikey let go of Alicia's hand and walked towards his brother. "It's taken care of," Gerard said to him in a whisper.
Mikey nodded then gave him a hug. "Thanks bro, I love you" He looked back at Alicia who had tears in her eyes. It was time. Quickly he gave Frank and Bob hugs too. When he looked back he noticed Alicia was looking at him strangely. Monica, Jamia and Kara stood smiling; Monica had whispered to them what was happening.

"Be safe" Mikey said to his band mates then turned and walked toward Alicia.

"What's going on?" She noticed they all seemed to be smiling at her.

"We've gotta catch our plane." Mikey said before kissing her lightly.

"Mikey what are you talking about?" Confusion showed on her face.

He looked at her with such love in his eyes she felt her heart skip a beat. "Baby, we're going to Vegas."

She shook her head trying to make sense or what was going on, "Mikey you're going to Europe. You have a tour" She looked back at he gate to see their friends smiling.

Mikey took her hands in his and looked deeply into her eyes, "It's my turn to be strong, Alicia. You need me and I'm not going to leave your side."

She looked at him then burst into tears. He grabbed her to him and hugged her tightly, "It's Ok baby, let it all out." All the pain, fear and anger she had been keeping bottled up inside came pouring out. He held her tightly and rocked her while she cried.

"Come on, Soggy Sue. We're going to miss our flight if we don't leave now" With a quick goodbye to the others, Mike and Alicia ran to their gate. The other guys had already entered their gate area. The girls, most sniffling, turned to leave the airport but were stopped when Kara dissolved into a ball of tears. Monica quickly hugged Kara to her. "Shhhh, it's okay, honey. He'll be back before you know it."

"I know Mom. I know, but it hurts so much." She hiccupped and looked into Monica's eyes with a forlorn look. "It was so hard pretending I was happy. You'd have been proud of me. I didn't let him know"

"Didn't let him know what?"

Kara's head dropped and she mumbled something. Monica could barely make out the words 'miss him'.

"Kara, look at me. Do you mean to tell me that you didn't let him know that you were going to miss him? Kara, that's terrible!"

"But, Mom. You always say to never let anyone see you upset. You always say to be strong. I was just doing what you said." Her crying got louder.

"Hang on a minute" said Monica, handing the sobbing Kara over to Jamia, who spoke to her in a low voice.

Within minutes Kara found herself transferred to yet another set of arms. "You little idiot. I'll miss you, too"

"Bob...." Again more tears. "I tried to be strong for you. I'm sorry."

Bob kissed her quiet. "I've got to go, Hon. I'll call you as soon as I can. Stop being so strong and let me carry you for awhile."

Watching the couple turn toward the security area, Monica muttered, "Ain't love grand? Thank God for cell phones."
Sign up to rate and review this story