Categories > Original > Humor > Deconstruction

Well THIS Sucks

by Ithilwen 1 review

You put that apocalyptic power jewel back this instant!

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Humor - Published: 2005-11-22 - Updated: 2005-11-23 - 760 words

0Unrated
This post brought to you by Chaos Baked Goods! Try the muffins. Or else.



(Emal, Sillene, and Amlah are interrupted by a skidding sound as Jedd, Hatri and Oranfh come tumbling into the magma cave.)


.
.


JEDD: Oof!

HATRI: Hot in here or is it me?

ORANFH: (mumbles)

EMAL: Wood brigands! (Steps in front of Sil)

HATRI: Boss!

EMAL: Boss?

JEDD: We didn't mean to fail you, boss! We're here to help!

SOOT: Boss?! You're that evil snark who had me kidnapped!!

SIL: (Smacks self in head) So much for subtlety.

SOOT: (Eyes very wide) Amlah! Get out of here! Take Emal and get out of here!

AMLAH: I am left perplexed... Surely Soot must then gain his power over fire from his male parent...

SOOT: She put a spell on the fire to keep me in the cage! Ask her, Emal: If all she wanted was to keep the Flame Orb from falling into the wrong hands, then why not just kill me? Why keep me prisoner?

SIL: (under breath) Oh crud.

SOOT: Why not just leave me where I was? Auntie K was infuriatingly good at keeping me out of trouble!

EMAL: Auntie K? (To Sil) Okay. Why were you and your brigands keeping him prisoner?

SIL: You mean you don't -- I'm sorry; I was expecting you to be more surprised that my henchmen are brigands. I mean... (gestures to Jedd, Oranfh and Hatri) It is a little wierd.

EMAL: Not really. (Points at Amlah) Look who I work with.

AMLAH: Master Emal! Who/M/!

SIL: Okay; I give up! Yes, I want the Flame Orb for myself. With it, I can restore my family line to its former glory.

EMAL: And you were holding Soot prisoner until he agreed to get it for you?

SIL: (Cringing) Well...

SOOT: She was waiting for me to get bigger so that she could make a flamesuit out of my skin!

EMAL: /Yuck!/

SIL: Sue me. Like you've never wanted to do that.

EMAL: You've got a point. ...but yuck!

SOOT: Well fat chance trying that now! (His hand closes around the glowing rock, which pulses and sizzles in his unharmed hand.) Wohoo; yeah!

HATRI: Oh spoon!

JEDD: "Spoon?" What the crud kinda' curse is "spoon?"

HATRI: You need to surf the net more, man.

ORANFH: (mumbles)

JEDD: What the heck is "leet"?

HATRI: 133t, man, and you never will be.


SOOT: Wow! I hope I can learn to use this thing!



(Soot aims the jewel at the river of magma, and opens a pathway just wide enough for a flame-retardant child to walk through)


SOOT: Well that answers that question. (Begins to walk across) Amlah? Can we go for toastie cakes on the way back?

EMAL: (To Sil) Sure. There's a demonic threat.

AMLAH: /May/, little master, and you put that apocalyptic power jewel back this instant!

SIL: He's more dangerous than he looks! I've begun to speculate upon who the creature's father may have been. I reviewed the paninfernon and a number of male fire-demons struck out, but it doesn't account for the way he's able to disguise himself as human--

SOOT: (Rolls his eyes) Dad can be kind of lame, but he's certainly no demon.

SIL: Nonsense! What other being could have that much command over flames?

EMAL: Wait a minute... The Flame Orb is the "hidden thing," but the "thing of value..."

SIL: Thing of value?

AMLAH: Master Emal was commanded to find the hidden thing and also a thing of value.

EMAL: Soot! Who's "Auntie K"?

SOOT: Dad's kinswoman; duh! Just a minute, I think I --crud! (SCHLOOP! The magma tunnel closes in. Soot's head bobs to the surface) Darn it! Don't quite have the knack yet. (Swims)

HATRI: He hasn't yet mastered its power. We can defeat him!

EMAL: (Puts hands on Sil's shoulders) Where did you find him?

SIL: What?

EMAL: Where was Soot when you kidnapped him?

SIL: He was...

EMAL: It's important!

HATRI: We nabbed the kid from Lorelin, to the south of the Mount. He was in the temple of the goddess Kojiia.

EMAL: (Lets go of Sil and stands agape)

AMLAH: The message from Stormcloud to her kinsman...

SIL: What are you saying?




(Soot, Flame Orb clenched firmly in his small fist, has reached the near shore. He dusts himself off.)



EMAL: I'm saying that Soot isn't a demon on his father's side.

SOOT: (Walks up to Amlah) Can we go back now?

EMAL: ...he's a god!

(/Music sting/.)

HATRI: Well that sucks.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
An evil cookie to everyone who saw this coming!!
Sign up to rate and review this story