Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Friends and Enemies

Chapter 11- Leslie-June 30

by rejected_smurf_god 2 reviews

Joe finds a love interest and Kendra almost screws it up with womens clothing

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-06-08 - Updated: 2007-06-08 - 1126 words

0Unrated
Since Pete was still in intensive care at home the band was a complete standstill and all we would do is lay on Joe's basement room's floor staring at the ceiling. Every now and then Andy would bring a bouncy ball and bounce it on the ceiling.

"I think I'm going to die of boredom." Joe finally stated.

Everyone murmured agreements but no one moved.

"What should we do?" I asked, secretly counting the panels in Joe's ceiling. There were 26 1/2.

"The Wentz's wont let me in the house," I stated, "so I'm guessing they won't let you in either."

The boys nodded.

"Downtown?" Andy offered.

We all raised our heads to look at each other. We all shrugged.

"K. Lets go." I said.

Well, we didn't move for at least five more minutes before we actually did something and even then we were dragging our feet. As we were walking downtown we passed many stores not even bothering to look into them. That was until I saw a cute little boutique that had just opened called 'Not Dead.' It was just like Hott Topic only more colors like pink, lavender, and yellow. 'Course there was black, a lot of it, but not as much. So I pulled the boys in and began looking around.

Joe seemed interested in this store too, but since most of the clothes were for girls or gay guys (Authors note: I have nothing wrong with gay people), I didn't think that was why. Oh no, it wasn't clothes that got him interested. It was the bored looking brunette who was behind the register flipping through a magizine. She wore shorts showing off her long, thin, tan legs and a short sleeved blue corset shirt. Her curly brown hair spilled over her tan shoulders and when ever she'd look up to see if there were any customers the curls of her hair would spring and jump before settling into stillness. She was perfect for Joe, and by the look on his face, Joe felt the same way.

I nudged him and placed the pile of clothes in his hands and pushed him toward the register. "Pay for me please. I'll pay you back."

He looked back at me with wide eyes. I shrugged "Either now or never. Maybe I could get Andy, who's equally as single as you are, to go pay for me." I said.

That got him moving. He carried the pile over and placed it on the counter. The tan brunette looked up at Joe and down at the pile of clothes. Girl clothes. God, I'm such an idiot.

I saw her raise her eyebrows at him and then pull a pink shirt that said 'Mrs. Queen' on the front and 'Don't fucking mess with me' on the back and scan it with a smirk on her face. I slapped a hand to my forehead.

I sauntered over to the counter and smiled apologeticly at Joe. "Thanks for paying for me, Joe." I said.

Joe realeased a breath and glared at me. I smiled guitily back at him. I turned back to the girl who's nametag said 'Leslie' and smiled at her.

"Hi, I'm Kendra, Joe's-"

"Girlfriend, yeah I know." She said now scanning a black and white striped jail shirt.

Now normally that would piss me off so muchthat I'd complain to the manager and get them fired, accidentally of course, but I laughed it off and began again.

"No. Joe's not my boyfriend but I'm dating his best friend." I said "Do you want to join us for lunch?"

She looked at her watch.

"It's three." She stated.

"Late lunch." Joe blurted.

She smiled and blushed as she finished up with my clothes.

"Sure. I get off in a few minutes. She said. I could see the happiness lighte up on JOe's face. "That's $20.45."

I pulled out my wallet.

"It's alright Joe you don't have to pay like I told you. I got it." I said. He shrugged.

"K." Was all he said as he and Leslie stared at each other.

Leslie helped two more customers and then hung up her 'Not Dead' vest and walked out with us.

"So what are you guys doing out here at 3:30?" She asked.

"We're in a band." Joe blurted, "Well, Kendras not in it but she hangs with us. Our bass player got hit by a car. He's at home getting better."

Leslie nodded and then looked over at the guys. :So who are you going out with if you're not going out with Joe?" she asked.

"The bass player that got hit by a car." I said.

"Oh," Leslie said falling silent "Sorry."

I shook my head. "Don't be. He's gonna be fine. We helped him out of the hospital."

She nodded. "Alright."

We shared a not awkward silence for once just walking down the street before stopping at an Old Chicago.

I made sure that Leslie and Joe sat next to each other. Andy was on my left and Patrick on my right and they were both squishing me but I was focused on Joe and Leslie. They were doing the thing where one would look at the other until the other looked up and then they'd both hurriedly look away. They both ordered a Club Sandwich and they both wouldn't stop talkng about StarWars. Well, Joe wouldn't anyways.

Patrick, Andy, and I exchanged looks. They were perfect for each other. Maybe Leslie would get Joe to shut up for once*.

After we were done we walked downtown some more until the sun set and the creepy hobos crept into the lamp-lit streets.

Leslie told us sadly that she had to go and smiled at us all saying she'd see us later. She made it seem like she could find us without help but I saw her slip a piece of paper into Joe's hand.

I don't think Joe could have floated any higher.

Andy shoved my shoulder snickering, "I think Joe's in love!"

Joe turned on him and snapped, "Shut up!" but he couldn't keep that love-struck smile off his face.

Andy looked around and sighed,

"Man everyone's got a girlfriend or boyfried," He glanced at me, "but me."

We just laughed as we walked under the twinkling stars.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*= I seriously love Joe but I felt like I had to diss him at least once. But have you noticed 'Leslie' worked? Only Pete and sometimes Patrick talks in interviews now.

I didn't like the ending of this chapter but I couldn't think of anyway else to end it. I wasn't going to kill Joe off because that would have been totally wrong and I still needed Fall Out Boy to be alive. So, review please.
Sign up to rate and review this story