Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Senses Fail

Comfortably Numb

by horsie890 0 reviews

Ray

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Other - Published: 2007-06-08 - Updated: 2007-06-09 - 424 words

0Unrated
I saw Alicia walk in just after I opened my eyes. I was hesitant to move, wondering if I had broken something. I couldn't remember what had happened, besides fainting while helping load up some stage equipment. I moved the fingers of my left hand, one at a time, very slowly. Each one felt numb with the slightest hint of pins and needles, as if they had fallen asleep. This didn't surprise me, though. I knew the feeling would return within a few minutes.

Alicia was crying. I soon figured out why.

I could hear her and Mikey talking. After several sobs and deep breaths, he said he couldn't see. I tried to sit up once I heard his words, but I couldn't. My whole body felt numb; if I moved I couldn't feel anything. This was strange.

"Mikey?" I asked tentatively. My voice sounded hollow and dry. Once my vocal chords began vibrating, though, the pain came.

My nerves felt like they were being set on fire. It was like being completely covered in tiny paper cuts, all bleeding and burning at the same time. The more I moved to try and stop it, the more it worsened. My bones hurt to the very core, as if they had aged a thousand years and were about to turn to dust. I had never felt anything so mind-numbing and horrible before.

I cried out because of the intense pain. A nurse ran into the room, and picked up the phone to call for a specific doctor over the intercom. She grabbed my arm, sending fiery jets of pain shooting through it, and repositioned the IV needle penetrating one vein, then attached a thin tube to the end. Something began to drip down through it and into my blood. The pain dissipated within about a minute, and I felt numb, but comfortably so. At least the excruciating pain had ended. I hoped it wouldn't return.

"Ray, Mikey can't see," Alicia said sadly as she approached me. I saw the freshly sparkling tears in her eyes, and I pitied her. I couldn't imagine what she was going through. I tried to speak, but my words were mumbled and seemed to trip over each other. I had no sensation in my mouth at all. I sighed and merely looked at her sympathetically, weakly trying to run a hand through my hair to push it out of my face. I don't know if I succeeded, because there was no feeling when I did that, either. If I did.
Sign up to rate and review this story