Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Senses Fail

Time

by horsie890 0 reviews

Bob

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2007-06-10 - Updated: 2007-06-11 - 569 words

0Unrated
Strange dreams came to me when I fell asleep once again. Not nightmares exactly, but combinations of images that didn't make a lot of sense. For instance, one second I saw Gerard eating a potato, and the next Frank was mourning the death of his guitar, complete with a funeral service and everything.

Exactly. Not much sense.

I realized it had to be a result of this strange disease, but it didn't worry me that much. Whenever I would have the flu when I was younger, the fevers would always give me nightmares. It wasn't really that surprising, but they did make me laugh a little.

At least, they would have. If I could have moved.

A shrill sound broke through my sleep and scared me half to death. It was a high-pitched bell ringing incessantly. Several others quickly joined it, creating a dissonant array of harmonies. I soon realized they were the chimes of countless clocks, all going off at the same time. Like some madman had set them all to the same time so he wouldn't forget that he needed to wake up. I tried to scream. But, of course, I was still frozen and statuesque, unable to move or speak at all.

Everything vanished suddenly as the sound of my own heartbeat drowned out the noise. The rhythmic pulsations calmed my now-rapid breathing, and the blood rushed to my eardrums. I didn't care. I just wanted the horrible ringing to end.

I woke up. I quickly realized the sounds were nothing more than the beeps of several machines, one doing my breathing for me, another hooked up to an IV in my arm. Feeling my heart rate slow back to normal, I sighed inwardly. I couldn't understand it. I felt fine on the inside, and only asleep on the outside. Like I had woken up half an hour early and didn't want to open my eyes just yet. But I did want to open my eyes. I wanted to more than anything.

"They said it was some kind of food poisoning," said the doctor's voice. I had become used to it. He sounded old, somewhat tired even. But he also seemed very experienced in the medical field judging by his words, and if that meant he had to be seventy years old, then so be it. I just wanted to get better and get out of this hospital.

"I sent some blood samples to the lab. Hopefully they'll come up with an answer soon."

I felt like screaming. I used every ounce of my energy to do the simple task of opening my eyes, but they just...wouldn't. It was like my own body had betrayed me. My brain refused to function, like it had shut down. I wondered how long it would be before my organs began to shut down as well.

"If he doesn't come out of the coma soon we'll have to ask his family about different treatment options."

The words seemed to send another shock of electricity through me, though I knew I had only imagined it. Coma? I wasn't in a coma! I was perfectly healthy. Just asleep. Dreaming. None of this was real. I would wake up in a few hours and find that I had only imagined all of it. Sighing inwardly, I tried to relax and go back to sleep. The sooner I could wake up, the better.
Sign up to rate and review this story