Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Far From Lonely

I Never Say No To You

by ForNeverYours 1 review

Oh the irony of a popped tendon adn Romeo and Juliet.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-06-12 - Updated: 2007-06-13 - 1224 words

0Unrated
"What?!" Gabriel shrieked through the phone. I could hear everyone around her in the background.
"I popped a tendon, I need you to come to the hospital and get me." I played with the rubbed cord that connected me to the germ ridden receiver.
"I'll be there in a while." She sighed and clicked off.
With that I turned back to the waiting room full of people with any injury that would qualify them to wait in agony of a stuffy room. Maneuvering awkwardly with my new crutches I made my way over to an empty seat next to a teenage girl with what looked like a broken and bleeding wrist. I gave her a sheepish smile and looked down at my hands.
"So, what happened to you?" She asked in a husky voice.
"Popped a tendon." I explained. "What about you?"
"Oh, I just fell doing a trick." She carefully flexed her wrist as the bone protruded an inch out of her skin.
I gagged a little and put my hand up to my mouth for insurance. She smirked and put her hand over the wound once again and sighed.
"Sorry, I got too used to seeing what my bones look like." She laughed.
"It's alright." I nodded and felt a rush of relief when I caught a glimpse of Gabriel coming through the sliding glass doors and look around quickly. "It was nice meeting you."
"You too." She smiled and went on staring off into space as I got up and made me way over Gabriel who hugged me tightly.
"Oh Harper." She looked at my crippled self and sighed. "Are you alright?"
I nodded and forced a smile despite the pain shoot through me like no other. She smiled and went over to the front desk to sign me out and pay for the visit. Then we went to the car and rode in silence.
When we got home I hoisted out the crutches and made my way up to the front door where Shane was standing and gnawing on her fingernails. She sighed in relief when she saw me and whipped open the door, pulling me into a tight hug.
"Oh my god, when I found out what happened I tried to find you but I couldn't." She didn't give me a chance to say 'hi'. "Your coach said you were at the hospital."
"Yeah." I sighed tiredly going to the couch where Pete, Andy, and Joe were having a video game battle. "A popped tendon."
"Ouch." Pete hissed multitasking.
"Yep." I nodded and propped up my foot behind Andy. "Where's Patrick?"
"Upstairs." Joe said monotone as he focused on getting Mario over a jump.
I rolled my eyes and tried to get up, but felt stiff and achy. Finally I got around to pulling my foot from behind him and taking my time going up the steps on one good foot and one that I could barely move.
I knocked on his door and waited for him to open it. When he did his eyebrows were furrowed and he hugged me and kissed my cheek, then accessed the damage.
"Harper, I was so worried about you." He gave me a smile he only gave me.
"It's nothing." I laughed nervously.
"Obviously it is if you have to use crutches." He rolled his eyes and helped me over to my room and into my bed.
"Don't treat me like a baby." I frowned pulling away sharply as he tried to fluff my pillow.
"I'm sorry, but I'm worried about you." He sighed and sat at the foot of my bed as I rolled over and faced the other wall that was covered in pictures.
"Again, don't worry about me." I mumbled. "I'm a big girl; I can take care of myself."
"A-alright." He said quietly and got up. "Night."
"Night." I said back and winced as the door shut quietly behind him.
Maybe I was too hard on him, he couldn't help that he wanted to protect the only person that truly cared about him. I bit my lip and shut my eyes preparing for a fitful night of sleep.
When I woke up, everything was quiet; which was extremely unusual since it was a school day. I sat up quickly and looked around. Sun shone brightly through the window, so I couldn't have woken up early. I reached for my alarm clock and peered at the time through squinted eyes. 9:30.
I rubbed my eyes and got up stiffly. Grabbing my crutches I stumbled out of the room and into the deserted hallway. The sound of birds singing and the sound of clanging in the kitchen entered my ears making them ring.
When I got down the steps with a little trouble I made my way to the kitchen where Gabriel was cooking something and humming to herself. I yawned and sat down at the table.
"Oh, good you're awake." She hummed and turned back to the stove.
"Yes, but why aren't I at school with everyone else?" I played with one of the balled up napkins still at the table.
"I thought I'd let you have the day off." She sighed and picked up a few of the breakfast plates.
"Oh." I nodded and got up. "Can I go outside?"
"You can go to school for all I care right now." She said back and continued cleaning.
I sighed and looked down at my slightly swollen ankle and cringed as I rotated it slowly. Finally I stood up and made my way back up the steps. I slid on a clean shirt and pants then picked up the assignment that Mr. Werner had given me.
"Now's a better time than ever." I mumbled and picked up the manuscript, rubric, and an old tablet to write down ideas.
I sat on my bed with my foot elevated and tapped the pencil to my chin as I thought of anything to write, any scrap of a clever idea that could pass as a parody of Romeo and Juliet. After about twenty minutes of staring at a blank piece of paper I groaned.
"How am I supposed to write anything worth reading?" I sighed pushing the piece of paper to my side and rolling over. "I'm not good at writing, everyone knows that."
"You are not." Shane's voice rang through the open door.
I smiled a little then rolled over and looked at her. She was tapping her foot and crossing her arms.
"I am too." I said stubbornly.
"Well, obviously you aren't if you could cook up that whole Romeo and Juliet being one big cliché love story to get out of getting another detention." She spat out and smirked. "Face it, you are a good writer you're just too stubborn to believe you are."
"I couldn't write my way out of a paper bag." I laughed grudgingly at her as I slowly rose and gripped my crutches tightly.
"That's what you think." She laughed and smiled. "You are smart."
"Mhm, sure." I rolled my eyes and turned back to pick up my papers. "And you're the next Whitney Houston."
"That I am, my love; that I am." She laughed and held the door open as we made our way down into the living room with the rest of 'the family'.
Sign up to rate and review this story