Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > You're appealing to emotions that I simply do not have, right?

And I thought you were tone deaf!

by patdfan27 1 review

Vicki has been hiding a secret from dear old dad and he is about to find out!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-06-12 - Updated: 2007-06-13 - 1008 words

0Unrated
Vicki's POV

With no more school for me ever again I woke up late in the afternoon to find my dad on the phone pacing back and forth. I grabbed a bowl of cereal and watched him intensely. I laughed as I ate my bowl of cereal but stopped immediately when my dad glared at me. He finished up his conversation and sat on the vacant stool.

"How much do you love your dear old dad?"

"Well he pays for my car and shopping habits and gives me a place to live for free. I don't love him that much, why?"

"I've booked a double recording session tomorrow, one with my band and one with FOB. Now I can't miss my recording session and FOB just need a little tweaking in all the songs. So can you fill in for me at the studio tomorrow until I finished my recording?"

"Dad I watched you countless hours in the studio, what makes you think I can fill your shoes?"

"You are my daughter aren't you?"

"Yea that doesn't mean anything."

"It will be fine. You know all the basics and all the advances. Oh on the song "Hum Hallelujah" tell Patrick that the hallelujah part still need to laid down before he can record it."

"Laid down?"

"Yea, another singer was supposed to sing the hallelujah part to have everyone get the vibe of how it went but she cancelled. So tell him I will fix it. And you will need these as well." He handed me the music and lyrics and I glanced over them.

"You owe me, big." He laughed and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

The next morning I went to the recording studio early. I made sure no one was around before I went into the studio and laid down the base for the hallelujah part. My dad thinks I am tone deaf and can not sing or play any instrument. One thing he surly gave me was his talent in singing but I have secretly learned how to play guitar, bass and drums by myself through counts of math. As soon as I finished recording the guys came in surprised.

"Wow Butch you look more like your daughter today." Joe said and I laughed.

"Funny. I am filling in for my dad until he gets back recording with his group."

"And what makes you think you will be of any help to us?" Pete said without looking up from his phone.

"I am Butch Walker's daughter, which should say enough. Ok Patrick let's start with "Hum Hallelujah" and the hallelujah part." Patrick nodded and jumped into the booth. I played back the track and all the talking quickly hushed.

"Who is singing the back up?" Pete asked.

"I don't know my dad left me with all the tracks needed. So I can't answer that." Patrick finished recording and Joe and Pete provided their vocals for the background as well. As soon as they were finished my dad comes in and kisses me on top of the head before he realizes that "Hum Hallelujah" was playing in the air.

"Victoria, why are they recording "Hum Hallelujah"?"

"Didn't you say for them to record it?"

"No, not until I found someone to lay down the hallelujah part."

"It was already laid out when we got here." Patrick said then he looked at me with confusion.

"Vicki, let me hear all the individual recordings for the hallelujah part." I played all the boys parts and my dad said, "Play the last one Victoria." I played the last one and looked up at my dad. "Who recorded that part Victoria?"

"Me." Looking away from my dad.

"You can sing? Since when?"

"Since forever ago, I guess."

"And here I thought you were tone deaf. Get into that booth and sing what is on this sheet." I rolled my eyes and sang a bit from "This Ain't Scene..." I threw my hands up after I was done and got out of the booth. Everyone had a look of surprise on their face. I got my purse and left. I heard my dad calling out for me but I was in the elevator and it closed.

Pete's POV

When I saw Vicki at the studio I was surprised and worried. What if she is here to screw with my mind again? Then she explained she was filling in for her dad and she wanted to finish recording "Hum Hallelujah". I heard the voice that was already laid out and was amazed. Who ever sung this part really captured the vibe of the song. When Butch came in and questioned Vicki of who recorded it and she said she did I was shocked. Then to hear her sing in person was even more amazing. She left after she sung a snippet of another song. Butch went after her but came back empty handed.

"I honestly did not know my daughter could sing."

"Really?"

"Yea I mean she has always been more dedicated to school and she was more into dance than music. Now she will probably let her talent go to waste."

"Not if I sign her to my record label."

"She will say no you know?"

"I don't care I want her as an artist on my label."

"Why do you want my daughter? I thought you two hated each other."

"Yea but it is nice to hear some refreshing new talent every once in a while. I will even let you produce it."

"I will never do it."

"Why?"

"Let's see here, "Daddy helps daughter to become a pop star. Pure talent or pure daddy's doing?" that's what the headline would say. You and Patrick will produce it, if she says yes."

"We will, and we will make it the best record that an offspring could make." Butch shook my hand and we finished recording for the day. Now if I could only convince Vicki to sign on to my record label everything will be almost perfect.
Sign up to rate and review this story