Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > A Romeo and Juliet Story

Chapter 2- Family Reunion Gone Sour

by Becca331110 3 reviews

Archie and Atlanta are fianlly a couple. And now its time to meet the 'rents! But there is a deep secret, and it threatens them all. Later chapters rated M+ for lemony goodness. UPDATE: ARG! I h...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-06-15 - Updated: 2007-06-15 - 1012 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2
Family Reunion Gone Sour

Yup. It had to happen. Thanks for the reviews!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Archie looked out the taxi window and licked his lips nervously. He was meeting Atlanta's parents. He had a feeling it would bode nothing good.
Atlanta squeezed his hand comfortingly. He turned and smiled at her.
"So...you never really talk about your family. What are they like?" Archie asked.
Atlanta grimaced. "My dad is super-overprotective; my mom is a narrsisstic prima donna, my little brother Josh loves to torment me...we're all just one big happy family!"
Archie had the stunned look, like when your mom pulls out a gun at dinner and mugs you over the carrots. Atlanta, noticing this, laughed. "I'm sorry. I've never been really close with my family.
"No kidding." Archie muttered.
"23 Venbrook Lane." The surly taxi driver announced as he pulled the hunk of rust and metal over. "You owe me 45 bucks."
"Here." Atlanta paid him, grabbed her stuff, and jumped out, followed by Archie.
"Whoa." Archie gasped as he saw the house.
It was more like a gigantic cottage, surrounded by trees and in the back, a lake. "Are your parents rich too?" Archie asked.
Atlanta snorted. "As if! Dad loves to build...figures he'd build his own house."
"Lana! Darling!"
Atlanta winced. "Moooommmm..."
Archie turned to see a tall woman sweep towards them. She was beautiful, with long blond hair, big brown eyes and was wearing about 50 jewels. She gave her daughter a hug and then looked at her critically. "Well, you've gained weight dear...but I'm sure the boyfriend has told you?"
"Mother!" Atlanta hissed. "Please!"
"Alright, alright." Her mom rolled her eyes. "Well, what do you think?" she spun around to show off her jewels and smiled smugly. "The business is doing so well...and then Dorothy Craighferd's husband got a promotion...he got the necklace for my birthday, which you MISSED."
"Mom..." Atlanta sighed. "I told you, I had to miss it. Special training for...uh...NASA."
"Yes...well..." Atlanta's mom sighed too.
"Um, mom, this is my boyfriend Archie." Atlanta added. "Archie, this is my mom."
"Pleased to meet you Mrs. Andrews." Archie said politely and held out his hand.
"Ummm...yes...you too." Mrs. Andrews took in Archie's hair and outfit and looked faintly disapproving.
"I'm gonna unpack and show Archie his room." Atlanta grabbed Archie and pulled him into the house.
"Is it just me, or does your mom not like me?" Archie asked, looking around at the very mountainy styled cottage.
"She hates all guys that don't wear tuxes night and day." Atlanta sounded disgusted. "Which is why I almost never show my mom my life."
"Okkaaayyyy." Archie stalled.
Atlanta grinned. "This is your room." She opened the door. Archie plopped down.
"Nice!" he smiled. "So at dinner I meet pops?"
Atlanta winced. "Don't call him anything but sir." She warned.
"Why? Will he shoot me, shove me in a bag and dump me in the river?"
"If you're lucky."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At 6:30 prompt, Atlanta knocked on Archie's door. She had cleaned up and dressed up too, looking very pretty. Archie let out a low wolf whistle.
"Wow." He teased. "I thought you hated your family. How come you never do that for me?"
Atlanta sighed. "I hate you, you know that?"
Archie laughed. "Love you too. So what happens now?"
"Now we go down to dinner." Atlanta said nervously. "And Archie, I beg of you, for the love of ZEUS...BEHAVE!"
"I will, I will." Archie smiled at her. "I promise."
"Ok." Atlanta said tersely. "Come on."
Archie followed Atlanta downstairs. The dining room was set with beautiful dishes and a mouth-watering array of food was spread upon the pearl white tablecloth. Atlanta's mom was chatting breezily with Atlanta's father, a strong hulking man.
"Dad." Atlanta said timidly. "This is my boyfriend Archie."
Archie held out his hand. "Pleased to meet you Sir."
Atlanta's dad stared at him for so long, Archie's hand got tired. He slowly lowered it.
"Lets eat." Atlanta interjected quickly.
The silence stretched on. Atlanta tried to make conversation but it didn't work. Archie was thinking that fighting Cronus had more appeal.
"So, Archie." Atlanta's dad said. Archie's head snapped up. "I hear you play football."
"Yes sir." Archie answered quickly. "I'm on the school team."
"I suppose you want to play football when your older?" Mr. Andrews pressed.
"Actually, sir," Archie paused. "I wanted to join the Marines."
Another silence. Mr. Andrews smiled grimly. "So you believe in war?"
Archie backtracked. "No sir, but I believe in peace, and that's what the Marine's are about...making our world peaceful. A friend of mine's dad was in the Marines."
Still silence. "Tell me, Archie..." Mr. Andrews paused too. "Your last name isn't SMITH...is it?"
Archie nodded. "Um...yeah..."
"And your dad...is he George Smith?" Mr. Andrews threw it in the air like it was a casual question.
"Yeah! Do you know him?" Archie seized it eagerly, thinking that they had found some common ground.
"Get out."
Both Mr. And Mrs. Andrews said is calmly, sweetly even, but there was no mistaking the hatred laced in their voices.
"I'm...I'm sorry?" Archie asked, stunned.
"I think you heard us...although your probably so stupid you didn't understand." Mr. Andrews sneered.
"Dad!" Atlanta said sharply. Her eyes were flaming. "Shut up!"
"Don't talk that way to your father!" her mom screeched. "I think its time you BOTH left!"
Atlanta stood up. "Fine! Come on Archie!"
The two left the house without their things. Archie panted to keep up with Atlanta, who was moving very fast.
"Atlanta? Would you mind telling me what's going on?" Archie demanded.
Atlanta wheeled around, tears coursing down her face, surprising Archie. "Archie I am so...so sorry." She cried bitterly. "I didn't know that was...I mean..."
"Shhh...Its ok." Archie cooed gently, patting her back. "Its ok..."
They started the long way home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So sorry dear readers! It takes forever right now because of exams. Thanks for the reviews! Chappie 3 coming up soon!
~Becca331110
Sign up to rate and review this story