Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Teenagers

Art Class

by WayToroFrank 3 reviews

Well, Highschool fics are so over-done so one more can't hurt, right? Not good at summaries. Gerard/OFC (Mainly.)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-05-29 - Updated: 2007-05-30 - 1582 words

0Unrated
I watched him as he walked down the hallway of our school, his shoulder-length dark brown hair strewn in his face messily, his perfect lips twisted into a smirk as he talked with his friends.
Everything around me seemed to disappear as I watched him laughing, my mouth slightly agape, my brain in a dream like state...
That is until I felt a sharp jab in my shoulder.
It turned out to be my best friend, poking me, giggling madly, 'Oh, it's him Tunny. It's Gerard.' She laughed.
I glared at her as he passed us, 'Shut up, Pam.'
'You like him, you like him.' She continued.
My sister smiled from beside us and started poking me, too.
'Stop it! That hurts you bastards.' I laughed.
'Oh, Gee, you're so squishy!' Pam laughed.
'Shut up!'
'No.'
'You know Mikey was with them! I could tease you about that.'
'No.' She whimpered, ceasing her poking.
Jimmy continued.
'Frank too.'
She stopped, looking at her feet.
'That's what I thought.' I said, sighing and turning the corner, heading to Pam's locker.

Gerard Way was a high-school crush of mine. He was in grade twelve with his friend Matt. His younger brother, Mikey and I were in grade ten, being born in September and December, which meant after August thirty-first and before January first, which in turn meant we got into school a year before anyone else would.
Their youngest friend, Frank Iero, was in Pam's grade and was in our math class. All of them hung out together every lunch, wondering the halls or, when it was warmer, the school grounds.
I had two classes with Mikey, one with Pam and Frank, the math class I had failed the year before, and an advanced art class that was ten, eleven and twelve. And I was oh-so-lucky that Gerard was in it. (Can't you just see the sarcasm drip from my mouth?)

'I need to eat something before I pass out. Do you guys want to go to the café or just sit in Pam's hall?' I asked.
'Hallway; it's less crowded there.' Pam said.
'Okay.'
I pushed open the heavy, metal doors that lead outside to the second building containing the cafeteria and Pam's locker.
I shuddered and pulled my leather trench-coat tighter around me.
It was the middle of December, there was no snow, but the wind was freezing.
We hurried over to the hallway doors, flinging them open and almost hitting an unsuspecting, random grade eight.
'Fuck, its cold out.' I murmured, turning down to Pam's locker.
Jimmy nodded in agreement as Pam spun open her combination lock.
I leaned up against the row of lockers wearily as Pam grabbed her lunch and applied some fresh eyeliner.
Jimmy eyed me, concerned, 'What's wrong, Tunny?'
I sighed, 'He didn't even look at me.'
'Awe, well, maybe next time.'
I nodded as Pam closed her locker and we all leaned against the far wall simultaneously, and slid down to the floor.
I opened my back-pack, taking out my traditional 'paper-bag lunch'; a sandwich, a fruit and a random granola bar type thing.
I unwrapped the plastic wrap from around my sandwich and bit a fair-sized chunk from it.
'Hello there, ladies.'
I froze, my mouth still full, and looked up to see the four boys coming down the hall towards us.
There they were, Gerard, Matt, Frank and Mikey, talking to us.
'Mind if we have a seat?' Asked Frank in the same cocky tone he had used a second before.
I covered my mouth, embarrassed as Jimmy shook her head.
'Good.'
They all dropped their bags and sat across from us against the lockers.
'So how are you guys doing?' Matt asked.
I looked away from them down the hall as I finished chewing behind my hand.
'We're okay.' Jimmy answered.
I swallowed my food and put my sandwich down on my bag.
'Um, if it's not too rude to ask, why are you guys talking to us?' I asked boldly.
'What? Why wouldn't we talk to you? You guys are cool.' Gerard smiled.
All courage I had before fled my body and I blushed, looking down into my lap.
'You don't mean that,' Jimmy said, 'so why are you really talking to us?'
'Why wouldn't I mean that?' Gerard asked.
'Because people don't just go up to other people and ask to sit. Especially you guys.'
'What's that supposed to mean?" Frank asked.
'You guys have your own little group and everyone knows it so why are you talking to us? You never talk to any one other than each other.'
'That's not true,' Defended Matt, 'We have plenty of other friends. They just don't go here.'
'What does it matter anyways?' Gerard piped in, 'We're talking to you, with no intent to harm, believe me, so why are you getting defensive?'
Jimmy sighed, 'Well, people don't talk to us much, except to tease us. You can't blame us for being a little edgy.'
'That's alright. We know how you feel.'
'So what are your names?' Frank asked Jimmy and Pam, 'I know Trista already; she's in my math class.'
'Tunny,' I corrected, 'Only adults call me Trista.'
'Oh, alright.'
'I'm Jimmy.'
'Pam...' My friend mumbled quietly.
'And she's in your math class, too.' I told him.
Frank smiled, ignoring my comment, 'Are you shy, Pam?'
She didn't answer him.
'That's alright. We're used to it. Mikey here doesn't talk much around new people either.' He said, slapping Mikey on the back.
Mikey blushed, fixing his glasses that had fallen down his nose when Frank hit him.
'So, you guys know us then?'
'Yeah.' I answered.
'Cool.'
Frank leaned back against the lockers and everyone became quiet.
'Well this is an interesting conversation.' Matt laughed.
Gerard cleared his throat, 'So, Tris- I mean, Tunny, you're in my art class.'
I nodded, 'Yeah.'
'You like art then?'
'Yeah.'
He nodded slowly, then smiled, 'That picture you painted of the bird was great.'
'Thank you...?'
'So, do you girls have any plans for the afternoon?' Frank asked, grinning.
'Yeah, class.' I replied.
'I mean real plans. Class sucks and I'm sick of school. Me and Matt were thinking of skipping. Any of you want to join?'
'I'm going to get in shit if I skip any more.'
'Yeah, I noticed you aren't in class much.' Gerard laughed.
I smiled lightly and looked over at Jimmy who had a look of excitement on her face.
'Don't even think of it, Jim. You're going to class, too.'
She glared at me sidelong from her place on the wall and folded her arms across her chest in a pout.
'What about you?' Frank asked Pam.
'I don't skip.' She replied blankly.
He sighed, 'What ever. You guys are just missing out.'
I wrapped my sandwich back up and stuffed my lunch back into my bag, unable to eat in front of them.
'I leaned over to Pam, 'We just had D block, right?'
'Yes.'
I swallowed hard. That meant I had A block next. Art.
I grabbed her wrist, looking at her watch.
It was ten to one.
Why hadn't the bell rung ye-
My thoughts were cut off as it rung; signaling class was starting in five minutes.
We all stood, grabbing our things.
'See you guys after class,' I said to Jimmy and Pam, 'uh, bye.' I said to the four boys.
I walked off swiftly down the hall and out the door.
I was a few feet outside the door, on my way to the art portable when I heard the door swing open again.
'Tunny, wait up.'
I stopped and looked back to see Gerard coming up quickly behind me.
He smiled, 'Hey.'
'Hi...'
'Walk you to class?'
'I guess.'
We continued on our way down the small hill.
'So, we have a few minutes, come on.'
'Where are we going?' I asked.
He smiled, 'Just come on.'
He started to walk, motioning for me to follow and I sighed, 'We're not skipping, are we?'
'No, it'll just take a minute.'
'Alright...'
I followed him down to the edge of the school field.
He started across it, reaching into his backpack.
'What are you doing?'
He glanced back, smiling, and held up a package of cigarettes.
'Oh.'
'Do you smoke?' He asked.
'Rarely.'
'Well, do you want one?'
'Sure.'
I watched as he pulled two out, putting his pack back, ad tossing me one.
I caught it clumsily and he laughed, 'Nice.'
I took a few steps closer as he pulled out a lighter and lit his smoke.
'Pam's not the only shy one in your group, is she?' He asked, handing me the light.
I lit my smoke and handed it back, 'What do you mean?'
'You. You don't talk much.'
'Well, I... there's not much to talk about.'
He took a puff of his smoke, 'There's plenty to talk about.'
'Like?'
'You're in grade ten, right?'
'Yes.'
'So you're fifteen?'
'Yes.'
'Cool.'
'Not really...'
He smirked, 'You could make an effort to converse.'
I shrugged.
'So, uh, are you guys doing anything after school?' He asked.
'Nope.'
'Do you guys want to come over to Mikey and my...s house?'
'Great English skills.'
'Thanks... Do you?'
'Nope.'
'Why not?'
'I just met you, Gerard.'
'So?'
'So I don't go to stranger's houses.'
The second bell rang.
'Well, we'd better get to class.' I said, tossing my smoke to the ground.
'Yeah.'
Sign up to rate and review this story