Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > [ Bend and Not Break ] [ A Seto Kaiba Story ]

| Bend and Not Break | A Seto Kaiba Story | #8 - Trust in Me |

by cke-banb 0 reviews

Chapter 8.

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Mokuba Kaiba, Seto Kaiba - Published: 2005-11-23 - Updated: 2005-11-24 - 1572 words

4Hot
You leave your car, shoving your hands into the front pockets of your jeans, and blinking back a few drops of rain that sprinkled your face like lone tears. You start the slow walk up the small steps leading up to the library, deep in thought. A good book always manages to get you out of the real world and into a place you can leave your conundrums for a time.

You push open the tall glass doors, and the silence of the place consumes you as you step in. A few quietly giggling teens in the corner are a sharp contrast to the college student looking like he was going to pull his hair out as he leaned forward to read the tiny text in his gigantic book.

Wanting to lose yourself in the dusty volumes of wisdom and forgotten tales of years before, you browse through the back of the library. You drag your finger along the row of books, reading the titles with slight interest.

One Day My Prince Will Come

'Keep on dreaming,' you think, and frown.

Weapons of Medieval Times

'I sure would love a sword about now and a dragon named Jason...'

Is it Love, or is it Lust?

'You tell me.'

You idly pull out the last volume, and flip through its pages. It is mildly interesting, and you proceed to sit on a comfy chair by a large window. The soft tinkling of the musical rain makes an excellent backdrop for a few hours of reading, and you settle in, your worries only a nagging thought in the back of your mind.

"Booty call or soul mate?" is the first chapter. You roll your eyes and smile softly at the juvenile title, but continue to read. You are right in the middle of "Secret signs, secret crush", chapter two, when a slight "Ahem" catches your attention. You lower your book, and look right into two twinkling cerulean eyes.

"I didn't you know you liked to spend your fabulous nights in the library," Seto teases, glancing down at you with a slight smirk on his lips. You put the book down, and his eyes flick to the cover, but he doesn't comment on the title.

"Just tells you how awesome my social life is," you reply dryly.

"You know, I always imagined you doing something a lot better than sitting in a library on a cold, rainy night," his double meaning irks you.

"Shut up. It's not like you're doing anything more exciting, since you're standing before me," you remark.

He smirks. "What do you suggest we do to get out of this boredom?"

You stand up. "What do you mean, 'we'?"

"You. And me." His alluring eyes flick over you, before meeting your gaze.

"How about doing something else than just standing here looking at each other?"

He gives you a half-amused glance. "What are you suggesting?"

"That you suggest something," you smile, knowing you're irritating him. You glimpse out the window. The rain seems to have stopped, and you turn back to him.

He eyes the cover of your book again, and slyly mentions, "I am fond of long walks on the beach and bubble baths." You roll your eyes, but a slight smile betrays you, as his gaze locks with yours. "Okay, how about you come with me?" he says, a mischievous glimmer in his eyes.

You roll your eyes again and sigh in defeat. "I have no life whatsoever, so fine. Just don't try anything."

He sends you a half smile as you follow him out the double-doors of the library.

*

Your footsteps echo slightly in the quiet hallway, similar to the stillness of the library, but this silence contained a more prestigious air.

Out of its own accord, your hand found its way to the crook of Seto's arm, and you drew closer to him. "An art museum. What fun," you say, but without the usual tart bite.

Seto simply glances at you as he draws his eyes to look at the painting before him. "It helps to ease the mind."

You ogle at the painting he is looking at somewhat fondly. Strange, abstract shapes grace the canvas; triangles, squares, and circles dance in paint of red, yellow, blue, green, and black. The shapes were thrown randomly in the painting, a kaleidoscopic world of thoughts in chaos.

"This helps to ease your mind? Gives me a migraine," you comment, smirking. He scowls at your remark, but you move away from him, stopping at a framed painting a few feet away.

A caricature of a woman sitting down with her right hand resting gracefully on her left shoulder greets you. You pause and inspect the painting more carefully. The person looks peaceful, but the way her head was tilted gave off a slight impression of sorrow. You think that it's strange how her arms cover her chest, and her legs are drawn tight to her body, as though she's shielding herself from something, or someone. 'Her heart. She's trying to guard her heart. Unfortunately, that's the first thing to break when you try your hardest to protect it.'

You jump as Seto sneaks up behind you.

"Seems like an advertisement to a nudist camp," Seto quips, his sapphire eyes scrutinizing the painting. You groan; was there anything this man did not criticize?

"Do you have to be such an insensitive jerk?!" You angrily glare at him, wondering if it was a sex-linked genetic trait for all men to be completely tactless. You cross your arms and glower as Seto simply raises an amused eyebrow at your outburst. Seto doesn't answer, just stares more intently at the image.

"Why? What does it mean to you?" He asks, suddenly, causing you to drop your arms back down to your sides.

After a few moments of contemplation, you slowly answer, "She's heartbroken."

"So are you. Am I right?" He shoots a look at you, and you blink in response.

"What do you know about heartbreak?" You retort, defensively, as you cross your arms.

He shrugs, "Enough." He sighs, and then moves on further down the hall. You follow; you two continue to walk down the marble hallway, but you can feel something coming between you. Something not necessarily ominous, but a slight sensation that something is going to occur, and very soon. Before long, you come to the door leading to the outdoor exhibition.

"After you," Seto says, pulling it open. You smile, and walk through. It is beautiful. Larger than life human sculptures dotted the garden, and garlands of white and red roses added a romantic touch to the frozen humans. A path of stones weaves through the display, and you join Seto's side as he starts to stroll on the path.

As you walk through the outdoor sculpture gallery, you feel the slight caress of drizzling rain, and you sigh in disappointment; you were enjoying this rare time when you and Seto aren't bickering. He looks down at you and you quickly glance at him, with a soft smile on your lips.

He walks next to you, in silence, his hands shoved in his pockets, and his gaze shifts straight ahead. You move closer to him, and slide your arm through his, gently resting your head against his shoulder.

His eyes widen in surprise, and he looks at you, bringing his hands out of his pockets as the rain starts to fall down a little harder. Your hand slides down his arm, and your fingers intertwine with his, as you walk with him, silently appreciating the pieces of art laid throughout the park, but mostly enjoying the warmth of Seto's touch. He squeezes your hand, lightly, and you bite your lip in anticipation as his hand leaves yours. His arm glides around your waist, and he holds you against him, in an attempt to shield you from the rain.

As quickly as you touched him, he stops walking, and you look up at him. Just as you do, you feel slightly pained as your thoughts immediately travel to Jason. It was he who always held you during a storm, his comfort you searched for in times of pain.

But Seto lifts the memories from your mind, as he gently tilts your chin up so your lips can brush against his in a sensual touch. Your hand lies on his chest as his lips press firmly against yours, and your fingers quickly travel up to caress his face, and gently trace over his jaw line.

His dampened locks of hair brush against your skin, and he deepens the kiss, gliding his tongue along your lips, searching for an entrance. You grant him access, and let your tongue lock with his, engaging in a deep, tasteful kiss. His arms wrap around your waist, tightening to press your body against his, and in response, your arms lock around his neck.

It seems as though the heavens are weeping as more rain falls, drenching you and Seto, but this moment silences it all. You let your hands move down his body, to lock around his waist, and he continues the kiss, his tongue dancing with yours, deeply, and passionately. A large crash of thunder convinces you to break the kiss, and you gasp with surprise. He doesn't seem perturbed, as his eyes are focused solely on you.

This glance is enough to say, "Trust in me."
Sign up to rate and review this story