Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece > Sitting on the Waves

03 : Reversal

by Sgamer82 0 reviews

And worsens.

Category: One Piece - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-16 - Updated: 2007-06-17 - 813 words

0Unrated
ONE PIECE
SITTING ON THE WAVES

CHAPTER 3: REVERSAL

BY
Sgamer82

A man watched as the four pirates rented a coach to take their crewmate back to their ship.

"Damn!" he cursed. He had hoped to avoid detection of the navigator's situation until everything was set. He had known the girl had Arlong's mark on her. But had not been aware she had changed it. The times he had seen her while staking out the crew, she'd worn T-shirts that covered the shoulder.

"Tirsni!" he called. A young man hurried over.

"Yeah, boss?"

"Run ahead of that carriage and let her know what's happened."

"Right!"

The kid took off. Thanks to the navigator's incident, nobody paid him any mind. The plan had to be accelerated a bit before the pirates figured out too much. Their partner had best be ready.

----------

Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Robin rode with Nami in a horse-drawn carriage Robin had hired to get them back to the /Merry/. When Robin had made her announcement about the tattoo, the men had broken into the room despite Nami's protests. They checked her shoulder and found, just as Robin had said, that her tattoo had reverted back into the mark of Arlong.

Nami had not said a word since they left the shop. She had simply sat there, practically catatonic, ignoring everything going on around her and hugging herself tightly. She reacted to nothing, even Luffy's stretching out his face in an attempt to make her smile, until they reached the Chibi no Mi Nursery.

Usopp and the orphanage's caretaker, Leda, saw the cart and, seeing Nami's expression, immediately ran to it to see what was wrong. When Nami set eyes on them, she immediately moved her hands up to her shoulders. The others took the hint and simply told Usopp and Leda that there had been an accident while Nami was shopping. They would tell Usopp the rest in private.

Leda walked to where Nami was sitting and took her hand.

"I'm sure whatever it was couldn't have been that awful." she said.

Nami remained silent.

"Even if it was, things will get better. I promise." Leda said. The sincere words seemed to perk Nami up a little. Usopp climbed into the carriage with the others. He could tell this was more serious than they were letting on and waved a good-bye to Leda and the children as the carriage pulled away.

----------

"Her tattoo did what?" Usopp asked in shock after he and Chopper had been filled in on the details. Robin had helped Nami to their room when they had returned to the /Going Merry/. She had slept the past hour. The rest of the crew was eating dinner in the lounge and discussing the situation.

"We saw it." Zoro told him, "It was Arlong's mark, no doubt."

"That's not all!" Chopper offered, "When I did her physical, the tattoo wasn't different. But when I checked her height measurements, she was smaller than the last time I did it."

"Come to think of it." Sanji said, "she did seem approximately one and a half centimeters smaller."

"My calculations had about four." Chopper replied.

"He wasn't referring to her height." Zoro explained, eyeing the cook with a disgusted expression which Sanji returned.

"Maybe she shrank in the wash." Luffy suggested between bites of food.

"How is that possible?!" Zoro, Usopp, and Sanji all asked him.

"It happens with clothes." Luffy answered, as if it were obvious.

Robin listened to the conversation, but said nothing. She had her own suspicions. But they were based on nothing more than rumor. She wanted to be more certain before she said anything. The conversation immediately halted when a thud was heard outside.

----------

Damn! She thought as the table set up on the deck fell over. She was gonna be caught for sure now.

She had no idea what would happen to her, or what had happened to her, for that matter. But she wasn't necessarily eager to stay and find out.

The last thing she remembered was waking up in a room on a ship she hadn't been on before. It had been dark, but she had managed to find her way to the door. She looked around the boat. Sea to the south and what looked like a dock to the north. Past the docks was what seemed like a forest with a path cut through the middle. It was hard to tell as it was dark. She had planned to get off the boat and get her bearings before anyone could notice her, but then she went and knocked over the table.

Before she could get any further, a door opened and Luffy, Zoro, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, and Robin came outside to find an adolescent girl with orange hair trying to sneak off the /Going Merry/. Recognition hit them almost instantly.

"Nami?" Luffy asked.
Sign up to rate and review this story