Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece > Sitting on the Waves

08 : Luffy VS Huncaza

by Sgamer82 0 reviews

The main event begins.

Category: One Piece - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-17 - Updated: 2007-06-17 - 1912 words

0Unrated
ONE PIECE
SITTING ON THE WAVES

CHAPTER 8: LUFFY VS HUNCAZA

BY
Sgamer82

Up north, Huncaza listened as the sound of Tirsni's gunshots carried up the path. He turned to the orphanage, where the sounds of children playing was surely drowning out the noise from so far away.

The shooting was the signal. "Straw Hat" Luffy would be here anytime now. If they didn't figure it out themselves, Tirsni would reveal the navigator was here and Straw Hat wouldn't hesitate to run to her rescue. He took a small pellet out of his pocket and casually made his way to a window of the orphanage. With a flick of his thumb, the pellet went into the building.

This will slow our little Monkey down a bit.

----------

Sanji was able to make short work of the men sent against him. When the first ran to attack him, Sanji did a back-flip, sending his foot right into his foe's jaw. As the man fell to the ground some of his cronies leapt into the fray. Sanji remained on his hands and spun himself in place, sending them all flying with a propeller kick. He then pushed himself upwards into the air, flying over the head of an attacker who had hoped to catch Sanji off-guard after the attack. Sanji delivered a side kick to the back of his head, sending the large man to the ground with a heavy thud. Finally, he landed on his left leg, and used his right for a roundhouse kick aimed at the jaw of the last of his enemies. Sanji took a drag off his cigarette as his last foe lost consciousness.

"Well." said the slender young man leading of the group, "It's a rather lucky thing these were mostly hired grunts. No big loss, really." he laughed, "I'm serious. The boss won't even lose any money. Not one was bright enough to ask for pay in advance."

"What does that matter?!" Sanji asked angrily, "All I see is a little bastard standing between me and the rescue of a lady. So I hope you don't mind if I want to finish this quick."

"Not at all, Cookie." the man answered. Sanji could feel the vein in his forehead pop at "Cookie." This guy was seriously pissing him off.

"You do realize, of course, you won't be leaving here without going through me?"

"I have no problem with that." Sanji replied.

"Good, but would you please excuse me a moment while I make myself a little more comfortable."

He didn't wait for Sanji's answer. He unbuttoned his black shirt. Sanji saw underneath the shirt were bandages wrapped around his torso. Not too uncommon for martial artists. The man began tugging at the bandages and undoing them. Sanji's attention was immediately caught by something, or rather, two somethings that were under the wrappings.

"There." he, or rather, she said as she buttoned her shirt back up, "Much better."

She assumed a fighting pose and looked right at Sanji.

"Shall we begin, then?"

Sanji could only think to himself, Oh crap...

----------

Nami was playing hide and seek with some of the kids when she suddenly saw a little black marble come in through the window. She crawled out of her hiding place under a table, heedless of the fact that she could be tagged 'it' at any moment, to examine the object. She was reaching her hand out when it suddenly began shooting out a lot of smoke. Nami coughed badly as she heard cries of alarm and surprise throughout the nursery. She heard Leda call out to the kids to go outside to the front yard. Nami was spotted by a bigger kid and helped outside through all the smoke.

"Eew! It's all sticky out here!" Someone whined.

Indeed it was. As Nami ran outside she suddenly felt something very sticky on her feet. It was hard to walk. Soon, it was impossible. The sticky stuff suddenly became very hard, leaving Nami unable to move her feet. As the smoke began to clear, Nami saw the ground in front of the orphanage was covered in some strange green stuff that was definitely not grass. Despite it being sticky and gooey at first, it was now solid as a rock. Leda, Nami, and every child of the Chibi no Mi all had their feet trapped inside, rendering them unable to move.

Nami suddenly heard a laughing that scared her. It sounded mean. A man was standing some distance away, well out of reach of the strange green sticky rock. He was clothed mostly in animal skins, much as would be expected of a primitive hunter. He even had a headdress with some kind of animal's horns on it. The only thing that hurt the primitive image was the gun holstered at his hip.

"Huncaza!" Leda shouted angrily, "What are you doing?!"

"Making money." he replied simply, "Monkey D. Luffy should be arriving any moment, if all went as planned. I need to make sure all is ready for him."

"Hostages." Leda said.

"More or less."

Nami was very scared now. She didn't completely understand what was going on. But she knew what a "hostage" was. She saw a lot of the children, even big kids, were scared just like her.

"Naaaaamiiiii!!!" a man's voice suddenly screamed out.

A lanky man wearing a straw hat was suddenly at the south end of the path. He was breathing hard, as though running non-stop for some time. Huncaza merely laughed again.

"Welcome, Captain Monkey." he said. He walked on the now hard green rock and into the middle of the group of children, "It's good to finally meet you face to face."

"Who're you?! Where's Nami?!"

Huncaza scanned the crowd and, after spotting Nami, walked to and stood behind her. He placed a somewhat fat hand on her shoulder.

"Your little navigator is right here. If you don't want anything happening to her, it might be in your best interest to surrender peacefully."

Luffy wasn't listening to Huncaza anymore. The instant he saw Nami, his attention focused on her. He saw her, a five year-old girl, scared to the point of tears of a situation she didn't understand. What was happening? How did these people know her name? Who was the straw hat guy? Nami's and Luffy's eyes locked for a moment. In that instant, she couldn't explain why, but Nami knew she could trust him to rescue her.

"Mr. Straw Hat Guy!" Nami cried, "Help me!"

Huncaza never saw the stretched-out punch coming. As he fell to the ground, Luffy's hand began to snap back towards the rest of Luffy's body.

"Nami! Grab my hand!"

Nami did so as soon as she she saw it come within her sight. She felt a strong pull as she grabbed but managed to hold on. The hand was still trying to get back to Luffy. Nami then saw Luffy leap straight up into the air higher than she'd ever seen anyone jump. He began to be pulled in the direction of herself and the other kids.

"Let go!"

Nami obeyed and watched as Luffy's hand retreated back to him. The force of the snap-back turned Luffy around in mid-air, resulting in him facing Nami when he landed, despite landing behind her. Nami couldn't turn around with her feet stuck, so she simply looked up at the face of the strange man who'd just hit the other strange man who was threatening her. Luffy just looked down and smiled a big toothy grin at her. Nami felt her fear just leave her at the sight of this guy who simply wasn't scared at all.

"Keep an eye on this for me." Luffy said, as he took off his straw hat and put it on Nami's head. It was far too big for her little head, but she held onto it nonetheless. Luffy turned to Huncaza, who had backed away a bit when Luffy had jumped in. He was standing between two other kids as he leveled his pistol at Luffy.

"Heh." Luffy laughed, "That won't work on me."

"Heh." Huncaza laughed, "You're right. They'll just bounce right off, won't they?"

"That's right. They'll bounce right off and..." that was when it hit Luffy. If those bullets were deflected by his body, they could easily wind up hitting one of the nearly two dozen children he was standing in the middle of.

"Coward!" Luffy growled.

"Yes." Huncaza said, "But soon I'll be a rich coward. With you and your crewmates I'll net a good two hundred thirty-nine million Berries."

"The guy shooting in the forest is your partner?"

"Right. Now, let's keep this simple. I want your word, here and now, that you will surrender quietly. Unless..." Huncaza finished his sentence by putting his pistol to the head of a boy next to him.

"Hey! You'd better keep that thing pointed at me!"

"Oh..." Huncaza said, then did exactly that as he saw Luffy charging him.

"Fine! Be that way!" he yelled as he fired all six of the pistol's chamber at Luffy. Luffy took the first five without stopping. As the sixth bullet came at him, Luffy put up no resistance to its force. He took the bullet and let the power of the impact bend him over backwards. The six bullets inside him suddenly shot out and flew straight up into the sky. The went up at angles that would ensure, when they came down, they'd land nowhere near the kids.

Luffy stood straight up after the bullets had gone and resumed his charge. This time stretching his hand behind him as he did so.

"Gomu-Gomu..."

Luffy's fist came shooting back toward his body. Luffy stopped running just short of meeting Huncaza and let his fist, carrying the momentum from coming back to him, land right into Huncaza's belly.

"...BULLET!!!"

As Huncaza started to fall, Luffy grabbed his arm and yanked the gun from Huncaza's hand. Luffy then threw it to the ground and stomped hard on it, destroying the weapon. Huncaza recovered from the attack before falling completely and moved around one of the smaller children behind him to put some distance between himself and Luffy. He was getting frustrated. This wasn't going as he had expected. He'd researched Luffy thoroughly before he had launched his plan.

Everything from "Axe-Hand" Morgan to the rumors he had bested Sir Crocodile of the Seven Warlords of the Sea. His research had suggested that Luffy wasn't the type to let people he liked get hurt easily. The same could be said of innocent bystanders. Right now both were present and Luffy was attacking as he normally would.

Fortunately, Huncaza had also realized that Luffy was unpredictable. That he might do exactly as he was doing now. He opened a pouch at his side and removed a set of what looked like brass knuckles with spikes on them. In truth, they weren't spikes, but in fact the teeth of one of the most powerful sharks from West Blue. Capable of tearing through stone and even iron. Close combat was something Huncaza was adept at. And in this confined space, "Straw Hat" Luffy was unable to use his full strength. He couldn't stretch as much has he may normally would without risking injury to a child.

"I'll have to take you by force then, eh, Captain Monkey?"

"No you won't. We'll beat you before you can do that."

"Who's we?"
Sign up to rate and review this story