Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece > Sitting on the Waves

10 : Down with Henchmen

by Sgamer82 0 reviews

On a little island, Nami has begun a big change. Is it part of a plan by a mysterious pair? What could their intentions be?

Category: One Piece - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-17 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 2284 words

0Unrated
ONE PIECE
SITTING ON THE WAVES

CHAPTER 10: DOWN WITH HENCHMEN

BY
Sgamer82

Sanji was dodging the attacks of his opponent, a brown haired woman who had introduced herself as Battako. She proved quite adept at hand-to-hand combat. Her style was similar to Sanji's own, utilizing mostly kicks. Unlike Sanji, however, she did use her hands for attack on occasion. Her style was mostly intent on making good use of her feminine figure's greater lower-body strength.

She had the big advantage in this fight. If it could even be called such. Sanji did not attempt a single direct attack since Battako had taken the offensive. It simply went against everything he stood for.

Just as the boss said. Battako thought, In front of a woman the cook is helpless.

Battako attempted a high roundhouse kick to the side of Sanji's head. Sanji dived to his side and cart wheeled himself away from her. Battako was beginning to get frustrated. If he kept this up the fight would take all day. She considered unbuttoning her shirt and flashing him. That would almost certainly halt him long enough for a decisive blow. On the other hand, it was also completely shameless. She wasn't that annoyed by the cook that she'd stoop that low.

Meanwhile, Sanji's mind was going as fast as it could. He had to do something about this woman. But since he could not bring himself to strike her he didn't know what else to do. As he gazed upon her gorgeous, blemish-free face, he could barely keep himself focused. She was indeed quite beautiful by any standard. And, unlike the innocent Miss Nami, this woman knew exactly how she affected him. Sanji suddenly got hit with a thought. Fighting with feet was out, so he needed a different approach.

Battako charged Sanji and attempted a kick to his abdomen. Sanji successfully dodged the attack. Instead of running away, however, he instead took Battako's smooth, silky hand into his own.

"My Lady," Sanji said, "Your fighting ability is truly astonishing. That you would use it on this unworthy soul is indeed a great honor."

Battako couldn't believe what she was hearing. She was, more or less, trying to kill him, and he was hitting on her!

"Your grace and beauty exceed any I have seen before." he said in his most flattering tones, "Why must we indulge in as barbarous an act as fighting amongst one another?" Sanji bent down on one knee, "Why not you and I stop and leave this place?"

"Let go!" Battako spat, "Go with you? You don't even have a bounty worth taking! I'm only here to distract you!"

"I would gladly remain distracted, fixed by the beauty of your eyes as they gazed into my own."

To her own surprise, Battako began blushing. She could remember nobody who flattered her so. She had respect, but never had she experienced the sheer reverence this cook was offering.

"I had a wonderful thought just now." Sanji continued, "You and I can simply sail off together and leave all this. If you wished, you could join our crew. I would gladly cook the most wonderful banquets every night for you until I died."

Battako's face was completely red by now. This was too much. Standing there, holding his hand, she was honestly, seriously, considering running away with the pirate chef. It was a true effort to halt the cook's romantic words.

"I'm sorry." Battako said, "My loyalty is to my boss."

With that she began squeezing Sanji's hand. She was putting all her strength into it. Sanji had an agonizing (betrayed? Battako wondered) look on his face.

Sanji felt the pain in his hand. But besides that, he was angry. It was taking every ounce of his willpower not to prop himself up on his free hand and send a side kick into Battako. It wasn't over turning him down. His experiences in loved included as much failure as success. The reason he was so close to betraying his every principle was because she was attacking his hand. Women were Sanji's passion. Cooking was his life. If his hands were injured seriously enough he could be forever robbed of his cooking. But he couldn't do anything about it. He secretly hoped that something, anything, would stop her.

"Yaaaaahhh!" a voice cried out.

Chopper, in his four-legged form, came charging out of the trees and right into Battako. Chopper had head butted the woman and sent her flying into a tree. She hit her head against it and lost consciousness. Chopper reverted to the small, half-human/half-reindeer form and turned to address Sanji. Doing so was the only reason he was able to dodge the kick that came his way.

"Sanji?!" Chopper wailed, "What are you doing?"

"Barbarian!!" Sanji howled, "Beast! How dare you attack a helpless woman!"

"But Sanji she-" Chopper didn't get to finish. Sanji had begun chasing after him, forcing the reindeer to run for his life.

"I'll fillet you for that!" Sanji screamed as he ran after Chopper, "I'll make you suffer a thousand times over!! Chopper!!"

----------

The sniper was more trouble than he was worth. Zoro's being unable to see the enemy was turning into a bigger problem than he had expected. Several times now, he had just barely dodged a shot the sniper had fired. There were also times where he didn't dodge in time. The blood stains on his stomach and other parts of his clothes where bullets had either hit or grazed him were testaments to that.

Zoro would take comfort in the fact that the shots had yet to hit any vital points. However, this person he was fighting was a very good shot. Zoro suspected the guy was simply playing with him. That made Zoro more determined to show this person just what swordsmanship can do.

"You've dodged quite admirably, Mr. Roronoa." the sniper called out.

Hidden within the trees and foliage of the forests' west side, Tirsni "the Deadeye" watched and waited. He had fired at Roronoa Zoro several times now. Each time intending to wound or graze the swordsman.

"This game has gotten a bit tedious." he called out, "Time to finish this and show you which weapon is truly superior."

A gunshot fired again. Zoro began to move out of reflex. But a stronger instinct told him to stay still. A sudden pain ripped through Zoro's left shoulder as the bullets from the sniper's gun went right through it. As Zoro looked at the red hole that had appeared just below the shoulder, he realized that had he moved as he'd intended that bullet would have pierced his heart.

Those near-misses were intended to help the gunman learn Zoro's movements. When he was set, he'd simply fire a killing shot.

"If you'd done as I'd wanted, that would've killed you." the sniper called.

"You've got my movements figured out, don't you?"

"Correct, Mr. Roronoa. My nickname is 'Deadeye' because I can fire accurately even when my eyes are closed. Fact is, I couldn't miss if I tried."

Well then, that changes everything. Zoro thought to himself, If what you say is true, then the question is no longer "How will I dodge?" Now it's "Where will you shoot?"

Zoro knew what he needed to do. Zoro loosened his grip on the swords in his hands until the guards rested on top of his hands. He then tilted his head and opened his mouth, allowing the white handled sword Wado-Ichimonji to slip down until its guard was resting on his cheek. He was going to need control for what he planned. Choking up on the grips was essential.

When another series of shots rang out Zoro moved immediately. He put the sword in his right hand across his chest, over his heart. Turned his head so the Wado-Ichimonji was over his belly. The sword in his left hand protected his face. He felt an impact no his right hand sword, immediately followed by one on the mouth sword. Two spent bullets fell at Zoro's feet. A few more rounds were fired off with the same result. Zoro used his swords and blocked every bullet. There was a brief pause in the shots before more rang out. Zoro kept up his blocking, counting how many bullets were fired between pauses. This would let him know how many bullets the sniper's gun could fire before requiring reloading. Each shot also gave Zoro a better idea of where his enemy was hiding.

Meanwhile in the forest, Tirsni was getting frustrated. He had heard that "Hawk-Eye" Mihawk could deflect bullets with a sword. He had dismissed that as idle rumor and myth. But now he was seeing it with his own eyes and it was getting to him. How did this swordsman know what he was going to do? Tirsni fired off one last round before he began reloading.

"You told me," Zoro shouted, "That you wished to know which was superior. Swords or guns. Swords are the better weapon, and I'll tell you why. No matter what you do, a pistol will always be a pistol. A rifle always a rifle. But in the right hands, a sword becomes a cannon!"

What's he babbling about? Tirsni wondered.

Wado-Ichimonji stuck out of Zoro's mouth to the right. He took the blades in his hands and helt them outwards over his left shoulder, crossing them into an X-shape.

"Santoryu..."

What move could a swordsman possibly use from so far away?

"Hyaku-hachi Pondo-Hou!!"

Zoro swung his swords with all his strength. The force of his swings sent shockwaves flying towards the direction he heard the most shooting from. The "108 Pound Cannon" did its job, decimating much of the forest directly in front of Zoro. The waves flew right in the direction Tirsni was hiding in. He had attempted to get away but was hit by the waves as they washed over him. Tirsni felt his body was being slashed at as he fell to the ground. The pain was unbearable. He couldn't move. His eyesight was blurry. When his vision cleared, he saw Roronoa Zoro standing over him.

That was the last sight he remembered before Zoro knocked him out with a kick to the head.

----------

Zoro sheathed his swords as he looked at his fallen enemy, lying on the ground where the 108 Pound Cannon had left him. The fight was done. Now he needed to find the others in case anyone needed help. He was considering where to go first when the question was answered for him. Usopp and Robin arrived first. Robin seemed all right, though Zoro noticed she was keeping her right eye closed. Usopp was right behind but froze when he saw Tirsni and the area around him.

"Woah! Zoro!" Usopp cried out, "Did you do that?!"

"Yeah."

"Don't you think you overdid things a bit?"

"Not at all. The guy was hiding. I had to hit him somehow."

That was the main reason Zoro used all three of his swords in his cannon. He only had a rough idea of where the sniper had been hiding. He needed to cover as wide an area as possible. So he needed the full hundred eight pounds.

"Hey." Zoro said, looking to Robin, "You all right?"

"I should be fine." Robin replied, "But I will need our doctor's services."

No sooner had Robin mentioned him than Chopper came running out the other side of the forest screaming bloody murder. Right behind him came Sanji, who seemed determined to make him the crew's next meal. Chopper saw Usopp and hid behind him. More accurately, he stood next to Usopp's legs rather than behind them.

"Usopp!" Sanji shouted, "Move out of the way!"

"What? Why? What did Chopper do?"

"He harmed a lady, that's what he did!!"

"This lady wouldn't happen to have been one of the bounty hunters they sent after you?" Zoro asked.

"I don't care about petty labels like that! He harmed a lady!!"

"Mr. Cook," Robin interjected, "I'd rather you didn't hurt the doctor. I'll be needing him."

"Huh?" Sanji then noticed Robin's eye, "Ah!! What did those bastards do to you?!"

"It's nothing the two of us couldn't handle" Robin said, with a nod to Usopp.

"Really?" Chopper asked, he looked to Usopp, "Then you really saved her? Like you said you would?"

"Of course!" Usopp boasted, unable to resist, "The big guy was charging at Robin when I, great pirate Captaaaaain Usopp, launched into the fray and brought him down!"

"Wow!" Chopper said in delight.

Zoro cleared his throat. All other discussion halted.

"We have other things to worry about right now."

"You're right." Robin said, "We need to get to the orphanage and make sure the captain and navigator are safe."

Zoro nodded. Sanji lit up a cigarette as he chimed in.

"Our darling Robin here should have her eye looked at as soon as possible. We should send her back to the Merry with Chopper."

Everyone nodded.

"Meantime, the rest of us should head to the Chibi no Mi and see to Luffy." Usopp said.

"Right." Zoro said, "Chopper, Robin, in case we need you try and join us as soon as you can."

"But her eye..."

"I'm not telling you to do it half-assed." Zoro told Chopper, "Don't rush it. Just do what you can as soon as you can."

Chopper acknowledge the swordsman's order. He transformed to his animal form and beckoned for Robin to get on. She sat side-saddle on Chopper's back as the reindeer took her back to the ship.

Sanji, Zoro, and Usopp started running north, towards the Chibi no Mi Nursery.
Sign up to rate and review this story