Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Thankful

Thankful

by kimper 0 reviews

Byakuya ponders Thanksgiving and a certain red-haired shinigami. (One Shot!)

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abarai Renji, Kuchiki Byakuya - Published: 2005-11-24 - Updated: 2005-11-24 - 463 words - Complete

0Moving
Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach.

Hmm, today was the human holiday Thanksgiving.

He had heard of it before, knew it's purpose, but never had he truly experienced, understood what it meant.

Most of Soul Society, he knew, would expect him to have a plethora of comforts for which to be thankful. His noble blood, the title and all that came with it. He certainly knew that he had many "possessions" that should be appreciated, his home, his belongings, and assuredly they would expect him to value the manner, the lifestyle in which he'd been raised.

Kuchiki Byakuya, noble, honorable Captain of the sixth squad honestly had absolutely no idea what it was like to live without servants, to cook or clean or even care for his own well being.

No, he had only one thing he was utterly, completely thankful for. It wasn't the fine, stately house he was privileged enough to live in, for those hallowed halls had always been cold and formal, no warmth seeping through to heat the icy, unwelcoming interior.

He also discounted his position, he had worked hard for it true, been unrelenting in his pursuit, but it gave him no pleasure, no joy, only pride at what he had accomplished.

His family was yet one more facet of his being he found no sincere enjoyment in. Rukia had been the most open, most alive person to cross the threshold of his world throughout his entire existence; his parents having never uttered one word of affection, or even casual concern. He had always known, accepted and thoroughly acknowledged that he would never experience his parent's approval, that he himself would never be enough to crack the icy exterior that ruled their hearts.

There was one thing though, one person who had breathed life, brought passion into this cold, empty house.

The same thing was true for his work, he now awoke looking forward to what the day brought, anxiously anticipating seeing the face of his "thankfulness" throughout the day. This one being who flooded him, completely encased him in the love, the acceptance his family never would.

Turning his head, he gazed gratefully at the vibrant, magenta hair splayed softly across the shared pillow, gleaming in the moonlight which was streaking palely through the opened windows.

Leaning down, he buried his nose in the soft, silky mass, inhaling deeply.

He was very appreciative, very thankful indeed, he decided firmly.

Pressing his lips softly, caressingly to the warm neck of his cherished lover, he curled his tired body next to the soundly sleeping shinigami, pulling him close, eyes drifting closed. The steady, comforting rhythm of Renjis heart lulling him quickly to sleep.

I am thankful and I am home.
A/N: Please Read And Review And Happy Thanksgiving!
Sign up to rate and review this story