Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece > Sitting on the Waves

Epilogue

by Sgamer82 0 reviews

On a little island, Nami has begun a big change. Is it part of a plan by a mysterious pair? What could their intentions be?

Category: One Piece - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-20 - Updated: 2007-06-21 - 619 words

0Unrated
ONE PIECE
SITTING ON THE WAVES

EPILOGUE

BY
Sgamer82

"Geez, Chopper!" Nami complained as Chopper applied the stethoscope. She hated those things. Chopper let her go as he wrote down on his clipboard again. Now that she was back to normal, Chopper wanted to get the correct information on Nami for his records. What no one said aloud was that it was also to make sure Nami was back to normal.

Two days had passed since Leda had restored Nami to herself. Nami still couldn't believe what had happened to her. Her memory of the past few days was fuzzy at first. But soon she remembered everything that had happened while under the effects of the Era-Era Fruit. As glad as she was it was all over, Nami had to admit being a kid again for a while hadn't been that bad. She could understand while people would actively seek out Leda's powers. However, Nami had no desire to live her life over again. She was out in the world, chasing her dream. Something she could only do as an adult. Nami tried hard not to hold anything against Leda. The woman had only done what she thought was right. That didn't stop Nami from being at least a little ticked off a the woman. She had very nearly been lost because of Leda. As a result, she had remained on the ship instead of going into town. Going to town meant passing the Chibi no Mi Nursery. She didn't want to risk causing a scene in the event she saw Leda right now.

Nami knew she would end up heading up the path sooner or later. There was still a coulpe of weeks to go before the Log Pose would allow the crew to leave. Nami wouldn't be able to avoid leaving the boat in all that time. Though while she didn't quite feel like leaving yet, she was starting to get restless. She had checked her maps and put her room back in order. She made sure to put back in its proper place everything Robin had hidden from Nami while she was a kid. She tended to her trees, went for a swim and did Chopper's physical. But she still felt like doing something.

Nami looked to see what the others were doing. Zoro, Sanji, and Robin were gone. Apparently they wanted to find out what had happened to the other members of Huncaza's crew. They had seen some boats with Zoro's sniper and a few others leaving the harbor. However some of th crew were missing, and both Sanji and Robin confirmed that none of their enemies had died. Leda had not told the crew anything about the fate of Huncaza's crew. They would be quite surprised when they arrived at the Chibi no Mi Nursery and found some new, familiar-looking children in Leda's care. That just left Nami with Chopper, Usopp, and Luffy aboard the /Merry/. Chopper was going over his clipboard while Usopp seemed to be trying to explain something to Luffy. Nami was suddenly struck with an idea. But it was silly. Childish, even.

"Aw, what the heck." Nami said to herself as she walked to where Luffy and Usopp were sitting and talking.

"Now, Luffy," Usopp explained for the third time, "What you're supposed to do when someone pulls your finger, is-"

He didn't finish his sentence because Nami had, to his surprise, come up behind Luffy and slapped him in the back of the head. Luffy looked up at Nami, who merely smiled.

"Tag. You're it."

With that she suddenly ran for her tangerine trees. Luffy laughed out loud and immediately gave chase, with Usopp and eventually Chopper right behind.
Sign up to rate and review this story