Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Moonlight

Scroll five: Summer rains and old teahouses.

by kirayasha 1 review

A Sesshomaru story...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Sesshoumaru, Other - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2005-11-26 - Updated: 2005-11-26 - 17180 words

0Unrated
Moonlight
Author's notes: Thanks again, Ithilwen for beta-ing this fic! Thanks also to Tiranth & Del Kaiden for helping to beta this fic! A huge box of cookies for all of you for all your help! I don't think I could have done this without you! hugs


Scroll five: Summer rains and old teahouses.

Sesshomaru had slept badly that night and he had a hard time getting up the next morning, even though he longed to get away from the palace. The day had dawned dark and gray and there was a light rain falling outside that mirrored his mother's mood. She had insisted they share a meal the night before and despite the absence of his father's women with their mocking behavior and his best efforts to lighten the mood, it was still a dismal affair. He supposed he should have been happy to have eaten a meal without the constant teasing of his father's women. However, much to his surprise, he found he missed that annoying touch. He wondered if that was the reason his father invited the other women and not because he enjoyed looking at them, but because he found their teasing amusing instead of vexing./ But why must they focus so much of their attention on me when he's the one who enjoys it? /Sesshomaru dressed quickly, while putting the events of last night from his mind. He headed towards the kitchens for a quick breakfast.

"Shimojochuu-chan...is there anything to eat yet?" Sesshomaru asked the old woman who ran the kitchens.

"Hai...there's just some leftover omoyu that I was going to eat, but you can have it if you like, Waka-sama..." she said as she ladled some of the warm rice gruel into a bowl and handed it to him.

"Arigatou..." He smiled as she pinched his cheek and once she had a bowl for herself, he raised his to his lips and quickly drank it down.
Feeling a bit better now that his stomach was full, Sesshomaru slipped out of the kitchens after saying good bye to the old cook and headed on his way.

888

The light drizzle continued throughout the day, leaving him cold, tired, wet and hungry. Sesshomaru decided to find some shelter after spending most of the day feeling miserable. Transforming into his dog form, he welcomed the warmth it granted. The transformation allowed him to cover vast distances without tiring; for some unknown reason he felt the need to reach the lodge as quickly as possible. He raced through a clearing in the forest until the trees became bigger and closer together, where he found an abandoned hut. The rickety structure reeked of its former human inhabitants and he wondered if the clearing had been part of their farmland. Sesshomaru took another look around the hut; wanting to be sure the humans were long gone, although he knew if they saw him in his dog form they would flee anyway. His canine form added strength and endurance in addition to being a good deterrent to most youkai. Most would back down from fighting him in that form. Yet it also had its disadvantages; it was tiresome to maintain and afterwards he always needed rest to regain his strength. Sesshomaru figured dealing with the stench of humans, was preferable to remaining outside getting wetter. He shook the rain from his fur as he retook his youkai form. Feeling extremely foolish he tossed his hair over his shoulder and entered. He cupped his right cheek in his hand along with his damp fluff that hung limply over his shoulder. The comforting smell of dog soon permeated the hut, breathing in its scent, Sesshomaru was able to ignore the fact that his refuge from the storm had once been home to a few humans. Surprised that it rained just as much this deep into the forest as at home, he stared out the doorway watching the falling rain. Sitting there, he let his thoughts drift to what he knew about his father.

888

It had been said that when Inutaisho had finished conquering the western lands, he had built his palace in the hill country that overlooked the wide coastal valley below. While the palace was very defensible, it was not a very pleasant place to spend the warmer months and Sesshomaru knew that his father's hunting lodge was built partially as a refuge from the summer heat and humidity of home and partially as a refuge from the demands of his young bride. He had remembered his father telling him once about how he had met his mother. The young youkai prince had found the story fascinating enough to ask his father more about it. Long ago when Inutaisho had first set about carving his empire he had conquered just about everything in sight except for a good chunk of the land where he would eventually settle. That area had been ruled by a daimyo who had lost his wife some years ago and was left with two daughters and no sons to carry on his name.

Inutaisho had spent months studying the lay of the land before he came up with a plan to finally conquer the area with the least amount of trouble and the greatest amount of success. He had sent out his spies and scouts to find the best area to lay siege to the daimyo's castle. Once he had had that knowledge, it had been easy to set his men in place. While most of his troops had blockaded the castle, a small number of carefully selected men were sent to find the water supply. Once they had found it, it had been easy to get the old daimyo to surrender by threatening to stop up the castle's water supply. Roughly two days later, Inutaisho had found himself the undisputed lord of the western lands along with wife to help run his new household. Sesshomaru had remembered how they had laughed, when Inutaisho had told him that he had spared Sesshomaru's grandfather's life in exchange for his daughter's hand in marriage.../ /

"It was an easy choice, my son. Your mother was very beautiful when she was around your age." The dog general laughed. "I remember she came boldly over to me demanding I spare her father's life and that I should take hers instead... Damn that was very brave of her..." He paused as he recalled the incident. "Anyway, one look at her and I forgot all about making her wonder if I would do as she asked." He elaborated when he saw Sesshomaru's puzzled look. "You know, part of me wanted to see if she would beg me for mercy like so many others before had... but I realized quickly, the gods were offering me a gift in the guise of your mother. Her lands, all of this, you see, for a hundred ri around here," Inutaisho threw his arms out for emphasis. "Was hers to inherit, hers to bring with her in marriage, hers to help me cement my position with. So I decided to spare the old man's life as well as hers and two days later I had an empire that stretched throughout the western lands and wife who not only beautiful and brave but high born as well."


Sesshomaru recalled his own confusion when his father told him his mother wanted him to choose his own mate, not for the power she would bring him but for love./ /He had just assumed his parents would find him a suitable mate when the time came...

"Sessho-kun, have you ever wondered why your mother and I never found you a wife?"

"Iie...I always thought you just hadn't found anyone suitable yet and that you would when the time came." He thought for a minute and his face brighten. "Chichi-ue...does this mean I can marry Hitomi-chan?"
"Iie...gomen, Sessho-kun, I think she's more of a sister to you than a wife and mate..."

"But you're wrong, Chichi-ue! I love her very much! And I want her as my mate!"

"Really?"/ The dog general cocked an eyebrow at his son. "Look, as much as you probably don't want to hear this," he held up his hand to silence Sesshomaru's protest. "I'm older and more experienced than you are and I'm telling you what you are feeling is not the love one would feel for their wife and mate... Besides, this is all moot, as your uncle has already decided to marry Hitomi-chan off to one of my men." He smiled at his son. "You're only eleven, Sessho-kun, which is far too young to be thinking about acquiring a mate. One day you will find a woman and marry her and make her your queen...and she will bear you many fine sons to carry on your name..." /

"So what makes a good wife then, Chichi-ue?"

"Let's see, your mother is a good wife in that she sees to it my household runs smoothly. She looks after my accounts and see to it that the men are notified when taxes are due, she makes sure I'm not cheated by keeping the books herself, she keeps the peace in the women's quarters, sees to it we're clothed as befits our station in life..."

"Wow...Haha-ue does all that?"

"Hai./ She does all that and more, my son. But the best part is she is as beautiful as she is smart and most important she is my friend as well as my lover..." he smiled./

"And you still think Hitomi-chan wouldn't be all that to me?"

"Hai...besides had you paid attention before you would have known she's getting married, Sessho-kun."

/"To who, Chichi-ue?"/

"Fujitaka-san"

"But isn't he too old for her? I mean he's as old as you are, Chichi-ue."

Inutaisho laughed. "Hai, but he's a good man, Sessho-kun and he will look after her, so don't worry..."

"Hai..."

Chichi-ue I'm now sixteen, a man and I think... no, I know I have found her. The one I want to marry for love. The one I wish to make my mate. Did you know that I had always thought you loved Haha-ue that way? But I can see I was wrong... I can also see how you don't want me to make the same mistake...but how can I get you to see that I've found her? That Tsuki-chan is the one for me...

888

He continued to sit there listening to the soft patter of the raindrops falling gently on the roof as he thought about "love" and what it meant to him. He knew he loved his parents as well as his foster mother and the various other women in his father's household, who had spoiled and petted him as he grew up. He loved his cousin Hitomi as well. He did admit to himself that he did not miss her as much as used to, now that he had Tsukikage.

Tsuki-chan...what is it about you? /He wondered as smile tugged at his lips. /When I first saw you all I could see was another one of Chichi-ue's stupid women. How did you do it? How did you make me fall in love you, Tsuki-chan? Is this really what I'm feeling? /He got up and walked over to the doorway, looking out at the gently falling rain. /I think so, but how do I know? /He smiled ruefully at himself and shrugged. Why do I now find my thoughts always lead back to you, Tsuki-chan?/ He shook his head and he was glad there was no one here to see his cheeks heating up. / I can't believe what a complete fool I made out of myself when I tried to see if you would pillow with me...Kami knows I wanted to and badly... We're friends now and Chichi-ue has told me it is better at times to be friends than lovers, but why can't one be both? /He recalled her letter and wish for his presence and he smiled to himself as he saw her in his mind's eye. /Well your wish is about to be granted. I'm on my way... Perhaps my wish will be granted too and you will love me as much as I love you... Maybe with a bit of luck I can make there in time for dinner.../he thought, noticing the rain had now let up. He hurried out of hut and headed out on his way.

888

The day sped by as Sesshomaru made his way to the lodge. He had spent the time thinking about his friend and how surprised she would be to see him. As reached the outer courtyard of the lodge, he debated heading for the main entrance or surprising everyone at breakfast. After some deliberation he decided it would best to give everyone a nice surprise in the morning. Decision made, he headed around the back to the end reserved for sleeping quarters and his room.

888

Tsukikage stood under the low hanging eaves, looking up at the moon for a while before returning her gaze the courtyard. She watched as the moon shimmered whenever a fat raindrop would roll off one of the lacey pines that decorated the area to land in one of the numerous puddles in the courtyard. Standing there, she heard another sound that frightened her at first, over the soft splashing of the courtyard's fountain. The soft footsteps that moved almost silently over the gravel grew gently louder as he approached and relief washed over her when she recognized their owner. Her heartbeat quickened upon seeing his familiar shadow detached itself from the surrounding blackness of the night. A smile broke out across her face, and eyes dancing with delight, she called out softly to him, "Konbanwa, Waka-sama..."

"Konbanwa, Tsuki-chan..." Sesshomaru replied. How did she know I was there...? he wondered./ /"Well, I guess there goes my surprise, ne? I mean if you know I'm here then I'm sure everyone else does..."

She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Iie...I doubt very much if anyone knows you're here. As far as I know, your father hasn't posted any guards at the gate...and besides it's rather late and everyone's just about asleep."

"Hai..." he agreed with her before he raised an eyebrow at her. "If everyone's asleep, then why are you up? Shouldn't you be looking after your mistress or what about spending time with the other girls here? Or could it be it they haven't found a way to get rid of you yet?" He laughed.

She laughed along with him. "I decided to get rid of myself this time... besides, I wasn't sleepy. You know I'm supposed to share a room with Ningen-hime...."

"And she's not there, is she?"

"Iie, she isn't. Would you like me to make you some tea?" she said as he walked out of the shadows and over to her. "Waka-sama, you're all wet!"

"Hai...did you know you know you this amazing talent for stating the obvious..." he said dryly.

Ignoring his statement, she reached over and grabbed his hand. "Come! Let's go get you into something dry before you get sick. I've got a spare sleeping kimono that should fit you..." she said as she pulled him along behind her.

Amused, Sesshomaru followed her to her room. Before he could do it himself, she knelt at his feet and helped him remove his muddy boots. He stood there trying not to laugh as he watched her hurry over to the courtyard's fountain to wash the mud from her hands. Then she slipped out of her own muddy tabi socks and they entered the room together. He stood there watching her fuss around the room as she lit a stick of incense; put a pot of water on the brazier in the far corner of the room; hand him a large piece of cotton to dry himself off with; gather her tea things; before she retrieved the extra sleeping kimono. Walking over to him, she smiled as she handed it to him and he retreated behind the screen that separated her unrolled futon from the rest of the room.

"Arigatou..." Sesshomaru said. He turned and faced her behind the screen.

"You're welcome..." she said as a blush spilled across her cheeks when she looked down and noticed he had removed his hakama along with his kimono.

"What do you want me to do with my wet things?" he asked innocently. "I suppose I can hang them over Ningen-hime's kimono rack..."

"Iie. I'll move mine there and we can put your things on mine," she said as she went over and moved her kimono while Sesshomaru stepped back into the main part of the room. He walked over to her now vacated rack and hung his things there. "I'm sure they'll be dry by morning. The nights have been very warm here..." she said as she hung her kimono on her mistress's empty rack.

"Hai." He chuckled to himself. Smiling, he thought about her explaining why his things were in her room and he was dressed in a sleeping kimono./ Tsuki-chan...you have no idea how much I'd love to see the look on Chichi-ue's face not to mention Ningen-hime's while you explain this. "Gomennasai...Inutaisho-dono-sama. The Waka-sama arrived late last night and he was all wet and tired so I lent him one of my nemaki so that he could sleep comfortably. I swear that's all it was!" The stupid human would probably believe it as the truth, which it was...but I can see Chichi-ue trying to discretely scent the room for signs of lust. Though why that would be such a problem...It's not that I would be mated to her if we happened to have pillowed anyway.../He turned around when the sound of her voice intruded upon his thoughts.

"Nani?" he asked as he regarded her with a puzzled frown.

"I said 'I think you should come and sit down now; your tea is ready.' Perhaps you would like to sleep, as I'm sure you must be tired form your journey..." She watched him come over and sit across from her.

"Hai. I guess I could make my way to my room afterwards...Arigatou," he said while he took the cup she held out to him. "Rice balls...?" Sesshomaru looked at the plate she set down on the low table that sat between them.

"Hai. Your father had them sent here and the girl who brought them said they were for my breakfast tomorrow as no one would be around to make any in the morning. She said something about everyone going on a hunting trip..."

"Maybe I shouldn't eat them then..." he said as he put the rice ball back on the plate with the others.

"Iie...eat it if you want as you must be very hungry. I can always go and see if I can find something else to eat in the morning. If not," she shrugged. "I'll make do with a pot of tea. I'll be fine... really I will, and it's nice to know you worry about me." She looked up at him and smiled. Then she poured herself another cup of tea. "Besides, you looked hungry and who am I to refuse you my food?" she said as seriously as she could before a giggle escaped her lips. "Gomennasai, Waka-sama, I didn't mean to..." She laughed again. "Gomen, but I was thinking about how I'm always feeding you..." She placed her hands over her mouth in an effort to control her laughter. "Gomen..." she whispered.

"Keh!" he barked as he finished his cup of tea and her eyes flashed angrily for a moment as held out his cup for more. "That's better," he said to himself and smiled. Why can't you always be spirited like that? He watched her pick up the teapot./ You know you were right, Tsuki-chan, you are always feeding me...and it is funny when you think about it. It's as though in exchange for my carrying your lunch box, you reward me with food. Lost in thought, he chuckled softly. /Tsukikage looked at him sharply before she silently refilled his cup. Setting the teapot down, she pushed the plate of rice balls over to him. This time Sesshomaru picked one up and ate it. They sat there drinking tea while he told her about his trip over here. When he realized he had nearly eaten all the rice balls, he pushed the plate back at her and told her to eat the last one. "This way you won't wake up early from hunger and disturb my sleep," he said matter-of-factly.

"Nani? How would my getting up early disturb you...?" she trailed off softly as his meaning sunk in. "You cannot sleep here! What if someone finds you here?" she sputtered.

He rolled his eyes at her. "Nothing; no one will find me here. Besides, I think there'd be more talk if I was seen parading back and forth from my room to yours dressed in this, ne?" he smirked as he pulled on the front of the sleeping kimono he was wearing.

"Hai..."

"Look, I will sleep there," he jerked his head over to where she had set out her futon behind the screen. "And you can use Ningen-hime's things over in here. In fact if you sleep over by the tansu no will suspect anything other than you were kind enough to see to my needs. Trust me, my father will think all the better of you for it...and don't worry your virtue will be safe from me." He laughed and gave her a slight bow before he got up and retired behind the screen. "Konbanwa, Geisha-chan..."

"Konbanwa, Waka-sama..." she said softly as she tidied up and set out her mistress's futon and bedding. Once she was done she blew out the candle and lay down to sleep. Unfortunately for both of them sleep was hard to find, although Tsukikage made a better effort to fall asleep and was rewarded by drifting off into sleep before Sesshomaru did.

Sesshomaru lay there; eyes opened to mere slits as he pretended to be asleep. He quietly watched her toss and turn before she finally rolled over on her side. She was lying there facing away from him and soon her breathing evened out and he knew she was asleep. He contemplated coming over and lying next to her just to see what it would be like, but he changed his mind as the thought of breathing in Tsuki's scent mixed along with Ningen-hime's was not a pleasant one. So while he drifted off to sleep, he imagined she was there beside him instead of across the room. The illusion was helped by the fact her futon was full of her scent and he was soon asleep; dreaming of her.

888

Sesshomaru woke to the soft sounds of someone moving around the room and for an instant he felt fear until he realized where he was. He quietly rolled over onto his side in time to watch her change out of her nemaki. He struggled to keep his breathing slow and even as he feigned sleep, for at that moment she dropped her sleeping kimono and stood there silhouetted against the soft morning light that streamed in through the delicate rice paper in the shoji windows. He opened his eyes a bit more and he could now clearly see her naked form in the half light. He briefly closed his eyes for a minute and then slit them open again in time to watch her put on her tabi socks. When she was finished she reached over and grabbed her hadajuban. He saw her slip her left arm into it and he tried not to sigh as she reached around and put her right in before she tied the underskirt around her waist. Sesshomaru found she looked even more seductive standing there in her undergarments than she was naked and he found he had to close his eyes again. He realized to his horror that he was becoming aroused so he tried to keep his eyes closed as she reached for her yukata. He found it hard trying to think of something else when he heard the soft rustling of the cotton fabric as she took her koshi-himo and tied it around her waist. He heard the sounds of more rustling fabric as she adjusted the length of her yukata, before he heard the sound of her footsteps as she walked over to the kimono rack. He imagined her picking up her date-jime and tying it around her waist as well. It was as he heard her reach for her obi that she, much to his horror, she called out to him.

"Waka-sama...Are you awake yet? Waka-sama...?" Her voice was soft as silk on his ears and he debated whether or not to pretend to be still asleep. "Gomen nasai...Waka-sama, if you are awake I need your help...Waka-sama?" He saw her walk over to where he slept and as he felt he could only pretend so long; he answered her.

"Tsuki...?" he said in a voice choked with lust that he prayed she would mistake for sleepiness. He swallowed and fully opened his eyes.

She was now kneeling on the other side of the screen and Sesshomaru felt a strong desire to reach out and slip his hand under her yukata so that he could rest it on her bare thigh.

"Hai...Gomen nasai, Waka-sama...I was going to see if I could find us something to eat for breakfast...and well..." she paused and took a deep breath.

Sesshomaru saw her fidget with the obi as he looked under the screen that separated them. "Well...?" he prompted.

"I was wondering if you could help me tie my obi..."

"Nani?" he sighed. "I've never tied one before, so I don't know how much help I'm going to be...besides why can't you ask whoever normally ties it for you?"

"Because she's not here at the moment...never mind I'll just tie it myself in the front and move the knot to the back," she said dryly. "Would you like me to make you some tea before I leave?"

"Hai. That would be nice, arigatou." Sesshomaru watched as her knees became replaced with her feet when she got up and turned to go make tea. He could hear her muttering softly to herself as she tried to wrap the long length of fabric around her waist. "Wait a minute..." he called out to her as he got up to come over there. He was grateful for the indirect mention of Ningen-hime as that helped to cool his ardor. Satisfied that he had everything under control, Sesshomaru stepped out from behind the screen and walked over to her. "Here, let me help you..." he said with a sigh.

"Arigatou, but I thought you said you didn't know how to tie it for me?" she asked suspiciously.

"I don't...but I figured the quicker it was tied, the faster you'd be back with breakfast, ne?" he smirked.

She smiled at him as she held her arms out to the side. "Hai! Ummm...Gomen..." she said as the obi unraveled and puddle at her feet.

The two of them without thinking bent down at the same time to retrieve it and they bumped their heads together. They both cried out in startled pain when they collided. Their eyes locked and neither one was able to look away. Before he knew what he was doing, Sesshomaru reached out and gently held her face. Then he pulled her to him, pressing his lips chastely against hers. It may not have been much of a kiss, but it was enough to set his heart racing and he felt himself getting aroused again, although he tried to ignore it. They pulled away from each other and both of them looked away unsure of what to do next.

Tsukikage looked down to retrieve her obi when she felt her pink cheeks turn crimson. When she looked up she closed her eyes thoroughly mortified by the situation and she covered her face in an attempt at hiding her embarrassment. Sesshomaru also felt the heat of embarrassment when he saw her reaction.

He reached out and removed her hands from her face. "Gomen...I didn't mean to upset you..." he said softly to her; and eyes still closed, she nodded at him. "It happens to men and umm...well...ummm... do you still want me to tie your obi, Tsuki-chan?" he asked as he tried to ignore what happened.

"Hai..." she whispered.

"Look at me," he said and she opened her eyes. "I'm not going to do anything to you, so there's no need to be afraid..."

She started to deny it, but he interrupted her. "I know you're worried about your virtue," he said matter-of-factly and she nodded. "But I'm not going to do anything other than go get dressed and when I'm finished I'll figure out how to tie it for you," he said as he got up and walked over to where his clothes were hung last night. He was pleased they dried during the night and looking over his shoulder at her, he smiled when she turned around so he could dress in private. He removed his sleeping kimono and dropped it on the floor, and then he grabbed his hakama and quickly pulled it on before he picked up the discarded garment from the floor. Then he put on his inner and outer kimono, which he tucked into his hakama. Once he was fully dressed he picked up the forgotten obi and walked over to where she stood. "Turn around and hold out your arms," he said, and then he waited for her to comply.

Tsuki did as she was told and within minutes he had her laughing as he struggled to wrap the long sash around her. It took him several tries as he kept catching one or the other of her sleeves in it so he'd have to unravel it from her waist and start all over again. The fact that she kept giggling didn't help his concentration either and he found her scent much more intoxicating than even before. Just when he was about to give up on ever getting it tied correctly so he could kiss her again, there was a soft knock on the shoji and Ningen-hime entered.

"Ohayou, Tsuki-chan...Are you awake yet? I've brought us some breakfast..." she said softly as she entered the room they shared. "Waka-sama?" she said as she took in the scene before her. /When did you get here, Waka-sama? Oh my... what if I'm disturbing something? Great! Say something, Izayoi.../she thought as she looked from Tsuki's crimson face to the smirk Sesshomaru had on his.

Before she could say anything further, Sesshomaru smirked. "Tie this." He held the ends of the obi in his left hand while he tried to unsuccessfully help Tsuki remove her right sleeve from bound layers of fabric.

"Hai..." Ningen-hime said softly as she set the breakfast tray down and hurried over to where they were waiting. "Just hold it a bit longer, please, Waka-sama, while I free her sleeves." She walked around to stand in front of Tsuki. "Arigatou," she said as her deft fingers quickly removed the trapped fabric. "There, Little One, I thought you knew to keep your sleeves out of the way," she said as she walked around behind her friend.

"Hai. I do but the Waka-sama kept making me laugh..." She giggled. "And he's never tied one before..." She giggled again and he frowned.

"I see...Do not leave, Waka-sama. If you going to do this again," she looked at him and smiled. "You'd better learn to do it correctly, ne?"

"Hai..." Sesshomaru grumbled at the thought of learning how to do something from the human.

"Okay...First of all you didn't do that bad a job of wrapping it correctly for a butterfly knot," she said softly as she looked over his handiwork. "You have the correct amount of fabric here.... Now all you need to do is..." She explained as she showed him how and within minutes Sesshomaru had tied it correctly. "Excellent, Waka-sama! It's very good for a first time."

"Hai...is that all...?" he said in his usual tone of bored indifference that he used when speaking to the human. "I'm hungry and the wench is going to find me something to eat..."

"You are welcome to eat with us, I have brought plenty..." Ningen-hime said softly.

"No thank you..." he said and he bowed with the minimum of politeness before he turned to leave. "Come, Geisha-chan," he called to Tsukikage from where he stood waiting by the shoji leading to the outside.
Ningen-hime gave her friend a puzzled frown before Tsukikage turned to address the young youkai prince. "I'll be right there...Gomen nasai, Ningen-hime, I had promised him, I would find him some breakfast..."

"Hai. I'll be fine. You'd better go then; the Waka-sama's getting impatient," she said with a smile as they two bowed to each other and Tsuki left; following along behind Sesshomaru.

Ningen-hime sat there and sighed as she poured herself a cup of tea. 'Geisha-chan?'/ Just what went on here before...hopefully I didn't disturb you, Little One, although I have to admit I'm rather puzzled as to why your futon is where it should be and mine is over there... Could it be you spent the night here, Waka-sama? Little One, if he was here last night...please don't tell me you two pillowed as that would be a disaster./ The human woman sighed as she tried to figure out exactly what went on in their room last night./ Little One...I believe Inutaisho-dono is going to give you to Takahara-sama as soon as he's satisfied you know enough...If you are involved with the Waka-sama somehow, there could be trouble.../She sat there brooding as she sipped her tea and ate the small breakfast she had brought.

888

Breakfast was uneventful aside from everyone's surprise at seeing Sesshomaru there, and afterwards he and Tsukikage went to the main room of the lodge to play shougi. They were evenly matched and they played most of the day, stopping only for a brief lunch. It was while they set up yet another game that word came that the hunting party was on its way back.

"Inutaisho-dono-sama is going to be so happy to see you when he gets here. Are you going to hide and then jump out and surprise him now or are you going wait until dinner?" Tsuki said as she moved her flying chariot to the promotion zone where it became a dragon king, much to Sesshomaru's disgust. This time around she had the upper hand in the game and she was very close to winning.

"Iie..." he said distractedly as he made his move and signaled for her to go again. "I think I'll just wait here like everyone else and see if he notices me..."

"Hai... And don't worry I know he'll notice you right away, for how could he not? Check mate!" she cried in delight. "I win again! I think you are letting me win, ne? I've never been able to beat you so many times before; not to mention so quickly either...if you are tired we could stop..." she trailed off softly.

Sesshomaru shrugged. "Iie, I am not. Besides, according to you, he'd know I was here..." He looked up from the board at her. "Anyway I wouldn't just let you win; you'd have to earn it," he smiled ruefully. "And you just did. Are you sure no one's been coaching you?"

"Hai! I'm sure. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll set up the board you gave me and play by myself..."

"That explains it," he said as he helped pack away the game board and pieces. "I guess my father will be here soon..."

"Hai...I wonder if they caught anything today. They went out before and all they managed to bring back was a few rabbits and partridges. It made for a rather interesting stew...Someone had seen some humans eating something similar and they told Itamae about it. It was actually quite good and I think you would have liked it." She waved away his protests that he would not have eaten it. "I know you've said on numerous occasions that you don't or won't eat human food, but I've seen you eat it before and don't tell me otherwise." She smiled as she shook her finger at him.

"What are you: stupid? I did no such thing!" He looked at her like she was crazy.

"Hai! You did too! I know you've eaten omoyu for breakfast as we've eaten it for more times than I can remember not eating it! And you love when I bring strawberries along for desert, and honeycomb, and I've seen you eat all sorts of vegetables too! Humans eat that stuff just like we do; so there!" she said smugly.

"Nani?! That's stuff's not human food!" he huffed.

"It is too! I've just realized half the stuff I thought was youkai food, is really human food according to Ningen-hime!"

"Baka! That stupid wench doesn't know what's she's talking about! She's been here so long she's confused! I bet she's old and senile too!"

"Nani? She's not old nor is she senile! Besides, I remember eating that stuff when I was little," she said as she gave him a look that said he had better not argue with her about it. "Remember I used to live near some humans and all the women used to trade with each other! Besides Ningen-hime is human so she'd know what they ate!" She left the "stupid" hang unsaid in the air between them.

"What are you defending her for?" He glared at her as a sudden thought hit him. "Shit! Does she reward you handsomely to kiss her ass too?"

"Nani?!" Tsukikage sputtered and before she could think of a suitable reply, their argument was cut short but a familiar voice.

"Konnichiwa...I see your mother did decide to send you here after all..." Inutaisho said with a smile. "By the way it's nice to know you listen when I tell you things..."

"Konnichiwa, Chichi-ue...and what do you mean by listening? I always listen to you..." Sesshomaru said as a puzzled frown settled on his face.

"Konnichiwa, Inutaisho-dono-sama," Tsukikage said as she bowed. Inutaisho found it amusing that she motioned for his son to do the same before he returned her greeting.

"Do you, my son?" he asked as he lifted an eyebrow at Sesshomaru. He watched as realization dawned and Sesshomaru colored darkly as he got up and bowed. "Well then I had better go greet Izayoi-hime before she thinks I've gotten lost or worse. Ja ne!" he said as he gave a slight bow and left.

"Let's go...he's going to be busy with her now," Sesshomaru said disgustedly as he watched his father greet his human pet. After also greeting the human woman they headed towards the shoji leading to the outside.

"Hai..." Tsuki said softly as she followed him outside.

"Now what's the matter with you?" he said irritably.

"Nothing...it's just I can't believe your father just said what he did to her..."

Sesshomaru sighed. "Baka, he was just joking around with her. Shit! He does that all the time with the women of the court and you don't see any of them getting upset. Besides, you should be used to talk about pillowing by now, Geisha-chan."

"Hai...but....ummm..." She gave him a pained look.

"But 'nothing'. Let's go for a walk and I can show you the rock garden..."

She sighed and then looked up at him and smiled. "Arigatou, Waka-sama, I'd loved to go see it."

888

"How was your morning, Koishii..." he said as they watched Sesshomaru and the girl leave. Inutaisho gently cupped Izayoi's cheeks in his hands and kissed her forehead before he took her hand and led her over to a quiet spot in the lodge's main room.

"Fine, my love, it was very quiet without everyone here. So how did the hunt go?"

"Not bad, we have plenty and I was thinking of having a feast in honor of Sessho-kun's arrival. And speaking of which, did my son arrive this morning while I was out?" he asked as they walked.

"Gomen, my love, but I'm really not sure exactly when he arrived." She smiled at him as they sat down. /I'm not sure if I should tell you I found him alone with Tsukikage...it appears he spent the night with her, but as to whether or not they slept together, I can't say. I wish I had your sensitive nose, my love, for I'm certain you'd know in an instant.../She thought as he turned their conversation to the events of this morning's hunt. She listened with half an ear as her thoughts wandered to her lady-in-waiting and the youkai prince.

888

"Well, here it is," Sesshomaru said as he stood in front of a small garden nestled amongst a pile of rocks. They were arranged to form a mountain range in miniature and they were planted with a variety of dwarf pines and other small plants.

"It looks like Oniyuri-hime's bonsai garden only all planted on a rock instead of her little pots!" she cried out in amazement. "This is amazing! I've never seen anything like it before! It's beautiful! Arigatou, Waka-sama!" she said and he smiled at the look of delight on her face. "I've been here for a while now I never knew this existed!"

"It's my father's special retreat. I used play here all the time when I was just a pup. I think Oniyuri-hime made it for him too..." he shrugged. "But I could be wrong...it may have been made by the person who taught her...Come, there's more." He took her hand and pulled her along to show her the rest of the hidden gardens.

/This is so beautiful, Waka-sama, and I'm glad you're showing it to me! I wonder if this is place you told me about, the one where you used to play as a child... hmmm...you know, it's also a very romantic spot when you think about it...and I would love it if you took me in your arms and kissed me again, Waka-sama, like you did this morning.../Tsuki thought as she walked from one bonsai to the next while Sesshomaru trailed quietly behind her.

"This is even more exquisite than the other garden! Look at this one! It looks like a little island in the middle of a lake! I can't believe she planted a whole maple forest there!" She walked around the large dish that held the bonsai forest. Tsukikage suddenly turned around to say something else and she found herself in Sesshomaru's arms. "Waka-sama..." she murmured softly.

"Hai..." he whispered in her ear and she closed her eyes and shivered.

"Kiss me..." she whispered; amazed at her own boldness. /I can't believe I just said that to him...what will he think...? But I hope he'll kiss me anyway...s/he thought as her cheeks heated up.

"Nani? I'm not sure I heard you correctly...did you just order me to kiss you?" he teased. Should I do what she asked? Or is she going to get mad if I do or mad if I don't? Oh hell!

"Hai..." she whispered as he leaned in and complied.

888

"It sounds like we're going to have a feast tonight! I'd better see to it Itamae has everything he'll need to get ready for tonight..." Ningen-hime said before she started to get up and take care of things.

"Izayoi-chan...I told you that a while ago, haven't you heard a word I've said?" Inutaisho gently asked.

The human woman blushed as she admitted to not paying attention. "Gomen nasai...Koishii, I had something else on my mind..." she trailed off softly.

"I can see that. Are you going to tell me what's upset you, my love?" He reached over and took her hands in his.

"Iie...Gomen nasai...I'm not even sure what it is that's bothering me ..."

He nodded in understanding. "Tonight we will celebrate Sessho-kun's arrival...and I promise you, in a few days we will leave and go home." He smiled at her and figuring thoughts about his wife had upset her, he added, "You shouldn't trouble yourself about my Inuki-chan; my wife understands what you are to me...what you mean to me..." He looked deep into her eyes.

"Hai..." She nodded. "But it doesn't make it any easier... Inukouhi-okugata-sama is after all your wife and the mother of your heir." She looked away from him and closed her eyes.

"But she knows you are my mate...and that like it or not I love you," he said as he tried to get her to look at him.

"But...you should love her, not me..." Izayoi sighed. "I'm not like you...and she is. Besides, she is your wife and you should spend most of your time with her ... as I'm just one of your many consorts," she teased and he was happy to see some of her sadness had lifted.

"'Many consorts?'" He laughed and she laughed along with him. "Anyway, before you shared your troubles with me, I had asked you if you had wanted to go rest a bit with me since you seem so tired and distracted." He looked at her mischievously. "You know, since Chibi-Nezumi is close to whelping...I was thinking how much I'd really like it if you had a pup of your own."

Izayoi looked at him in surprise. "But...as much as I would love to have a child with you ...what about your wife? And don't you have an heir already? And Chibi-Nezumi is close to having her pup and there's another one for you and why me?" she sputtered.

"Why? Because you are my mate and I love you."

"Hai... I know that and I love you too, Inu-chan, but what about your wife? She's the one you should be having children with or pups..."

"Izayoi-chan, we tried many times after Sessho-kun, but it wasn't meant to be." He sighed. "Now put her out of your mind. I love you and I want to give you a pup of your own as proof of that love. You're my mate and besides if I was younger," his eyes twinkled as he looked deep into hers and she laughed. "I'd be doing my best to get you with pup..."

"Really? I hadn't known that," she said in mock seriousness. "Well then since you are so ancient, my love, we had better do our best to make a pup then, ne?" She giggled.

"Hai!" He pulled her close and whispered in her ear, "Shall we go to my room or yours?"

Izayoi thought for a minute before answering him. "My room, as it's closer...but what if we really do finally make a pup? He or she will be hanyou...Your people don't like hanyou, especially the inu-youkai, ne?" she said seriously. Not that my people are any better...

Inutaisho shrugged. "I am the lord of the western lands, who cares what they think? If I accept our pup, then they, as my vassals will also accept our pup. Besides, I think we should make the pup first before we worry about this nonsense, ne?" Izayoi, I want to have many pups by you...sons, daughters, it matters not as they will be a part of you that'll live on after you're gone...so that when I see them, I'll be able to see you...

"Hai...you're right. Come." She smiled and they got to their feet and headed towards her room.

888

Sesshomaru kissed her softly at first, taking her lead as he tried to rein in his arousal./ Wow! She tastes as good as smells... like cherry blossoms and honey...Kami, what I wouldn't give to take her right here, Sesshomaru thought. /Right now...damn it... /His nose was telling him /she wanted to as much as he did, but how could he be sure/. She gets all touchy when I even hint about sex...I wonder what she'd do if I licked her ear.../ Sesshomaru nuzzled her cheek as he felt his heart start to race. Very slowly, he turned it into a line of little kisses. Encouraged by her shivering, he traced the outline of her ear with his tongue. Tsuki responded by panting in his ear and he licked it again as he tried to figured out how far he could go before she stopped him. He closed his eyes as a smile tugged at his lips. What should I do to make her not want to stop? /It sounds like I'm doing just fine at the moment...I guess she's finally gotten over all that stupid nonsense of hers. She's acting like she wants it as much as I do...Damn it! I want to see you again they way you were this morning when you thought I was asleep.../ He kissed the base of her neck where it met her shoulder as he backed her up against the table that held a tiny cascading pine. /Why did you have to pick that really wide obi this morning? If you hadn't I'd be able to get your yukata open.../Sesshomaru tried his best to open it any way as he wanted to see her naked again. He longed to reach the ultimate prize of her maidenhead and judging by Tsuki's reactions to everything he did, he was certain she wanted him there as well. /But what if I'm wrong and she gets really angry...Maybe I should forget about that and just kiss her some more...I guess if we did get a bit more serious and we did do something, Chichi-ue would have a fit...Then again I don't see why it should it matter what we do if she is to become my wife anyway... /Whatever warnings his parents gave him in this matter went right out of his head as he felt her fingers snake their way into his hair when she pulled his face closer to hers. Emboldened by her apparent wantonness, he kissed her hard enough to part her lips and seizing the moment he slid his tongue past her teeth and deepened the kiss. Tsuki let his tongue explore her mouth before she followed suit. One warm moment later, they briefly broke the kiss.


Sesshomaru could now smell the sweet musky scent of her arousal and he closed his eyes. Oh Kami-sama, she does want it as badly as I do! He breathed deeply as Tsukikage planted little kisses along his jaw line. What is with you this afternoon, Tsuki-chan? /He felt a familiar ache in his loins. Whatever it is it's a change from earlier...does this mean you really like me? And want to be with me? /He then let his hands drop down past her obi where they came to rest on the delicate curves of her buttocks. He let them rest there for a few minutes before he kissed her again and then as they pressed their bodies together, he reached down for her thigh. After a bit of subtle and careful maneuvering, he manged to pull her thigh up onto his own. /Well I guess I'd better see if she still wants to... /Judging the time to be right he nuzzled her face close to her ear and he whispered in her ear, "Tsuki-chan, let's go."

She looked up at him as she disentangled herself from his embrace.

"The grass is softer in the peony garden," he explained. "And no one will see us there."

Tsuki had leaned in to kiss him again when his words penetrated the fog of lust in her head. It took her a minute or two to realize what it was he had just asked her, before she replied. Unfortunately for Sesshomaru it wasn't the reply he was hoping for as she gently pushed away from him. "Nani? Here? Now? What are you, mad?" she cried out thoroughly shocked at his suggestion as a part of her mind screamed at her to forget her objections and just do it. Gods...I want to so badly but we can't here...You're so sweet to me, Maru-chan, I think I want to do this now before I get too afraid...But I am scared...what should I do?

"Iie..." he moaned softly. "Tsuki-chan, please..." he said as he kissed her neck again.

"Iie...what if someone does come there and sees us? What will they say or think...?" she whispered as he worked on breaking down her resistance.

"No one will see us...they're all inside...besides no one goes there anyways except the gardener and he's already been there this morning...please, Tsuki-chan..."

She tried to think of a plausible excuse, but when none came to her, the gods took pity on her and provided her with one. "Waka-sama...Sessho ..." She swallowed as she tried to slow her breathing/./ Tsuki was frightened at the thought of things going too far, yet a part of her wanted them to. "Maru-chan! Listen to me! We can't here...it's ummm... raining." Please don't hate me for being too afraid...I can't...but I want to...When you kiss me like that it's really nice...and I want to give in because it feels so warm deep in my belly and then I get scared...

"Nani?" he whimpered as he pulled away from her and looked up only to have a fat raindrop land in his eye. "Damn it!" he swore and then glared at her as if she conjured up the rain.

Tsuki looked him in the eye and said, "Come, let's go to my room, as it's closer, ne? And you're always with me there so no one will think anything of it..." There I said it and I'm going to do this...because I want to be with you... /And please be gentle with me...I think I'm just going to have to be brave and let you do this...Yes, that way I'll know what to expect and I won't be afraid then if your father gives me to Takahara.../

He smiled wickedly at her. "Hai!" he said; happy she finally agreed and taking her hand he pulled her along as he headed towards her room with the promise of relief for the ache in his loins.

888

"I have a present for you..." Inutaisho said as he rummaged through his discarded clothing. "Ah...here it is." He smiled and handed Izayoi a silk wrapped bundle.

"Arigatou...where did you get this?" she asked as undid the silken cord before removing the silk square. "A book?"

"Hai! Open it..." he said mischievously as he put his arms around her and looked over her shoulder.

The human woman looked up over her shoulder at him and smiled before she opened the book. "Koishii!" She giggled. "It's a pillow book! I don't believe it! I didn't know you were that interested in human mating behavior." She giggled again as a rosy glow spread across her cheeks.

"Hai! I wasn't until I met you. You like it?"

"Hai...I like it." She laughed and turned a few pages. "But why and where did you get it?" She set the book down and moved to face him.

"I came across it years ago and I kept in my library hidden away as a curiosity. I never knew I'd have a need for it, until now." He took her face in his hands and kissed her.

"I don't understand...we've pillowed before and never needed this..." She smiled.

"Hai...but I wanted to us to have a pup and I just figured the reason we didn't was because I was pillowing you like a youkai woman..." He looked so eager and unsure of himself that she was deeply touched.

"But I'm not really all that different...I mean from what I've seen in the bathhouse...and besides we've never had difficulties before...Arigatou, Inu-chan, I appreciate this more than you'll ever know." She felt her eyes welling up with tears.

"Izayoi-chan, Koishii, is everything alright?" He cupped her chin and tilted her face up at him.

"Hai...I just love you so much and I'm so happy to know you, my love..." she whispered.

"Me too..." he said as he pulled her close. "Do you know which way is the best for making a pup...?" he said as he picked up the book thumbed through it, while she turned to watch him.

She sighed. "They are all good ways for making a pup, Silly. But I think this one would please you the most." She pointed to a picture on the page he had opened to.

"Hai! You're right; I think I would like that very much," he said his voice thick and husky with lust.

"Then what are you waiting for..." she said softly.

888

"Shit! I thought you said they never pillowed in your room!" Sesshomaru hissed as they hurried down the veranda, away from her room.

"They don't! Maybe they thought you'd keep me occupied for awhile..." she said helplessly.

"Shit! Baka! Why the fuck couldn't he just drag her back to his own fucking rooms!" he swore as anger at being thwarted in his desires fought with impatience at finding a solution to their problem. He stood there looking out over the muddy courtyard and the rain that was now falling heavier than it did before.

"Waka-sama...Maru-chan..." He whirled around to face her. "Swearing isn't going to help anything. Besides you might upset him if he hears you..."

"So?! I'm upset and nobody gives a shit!" he whispered angrily at her.

"Maru-chan...I do, and I'm sorry we can't be alone in my room right now. I'm sure there will be other opportunities..." She reached up and caressed his cheek.

He closed his eyes and sighed. "Hai...so what do you want to do now?" he asked as he placed his hand over hers.

"I don't know...maybe we can sit here and watch the rain fall...you can rest your head on my lap if you'd like," she wheedled.

"Hai...come." He took her hand and walked over to lean against the side of the building. Tsukikage obediently knelt next to him and patted her lap. Sesshomaru gave her one last look before he laid his head down. Breathing deeply he could just make out her tantalizing scent through his fluff and the thin layers of her yukata and underskirt, although he did not feel like pillowing any more. He rested peacefully as she stroked his cheek for what seemed like hours to him, until they heard the soft sound of a shoji being opened. Sesshomaru and Tsukikage could hear the sounds of Inutaisho and Izayoi fussing with his kimono's sash as well as their conversation.

888

"It's still raining, Koishii...perhaps they are in the main part of the lodge...?" Izayoi looked out of the opened shoji.

"Iie...I thought I heard Sessho-kun swearing before and if I know him, they're somewhere nearby. Perhaps you'd better explain to the girl that she's going to be given to Takahara and the sooner the better. I have a feeling they're becoming too attached to each other and that will never do."

"But why? Hasn't your wife said on numerous occasions that she wanted your son to marry for love? That she wanted him to find his own mate, so he could avoid what we have here?"

Inutaisho turned and held his human mate tightly. "I wish you wouldn't trouble yourself over that..."

"Hai...I know you've told me many times not to, but Koishii, no matter how much we try to wish it otherwise, it's not fair to her and you know it. Besides, you haven't answered my question."

"Hai... To answer your second question, we felt after a while that it would be best for Sessho-kun to find his own mate; someone he would love on his own without our having to find him a woman that we would hope he would come to love. To answer your first question, the reason is Takahara had asked me for the girl as a concubine when she first arrived and I told him I needed to think about it as I hadn't decided what I wanted to do with her."

"Hai...and when did you come to this decision, if I may ask?"

"When they fought together in public." He sighed. "She seemed to have some hidden fire in her and I felt she'd not only be able to take care of herself with Takahara, but her softness..."

"You hoped her softness would tame him, ne?" she said ruefully.

"Hai...Anyway I'd better go and see what Sessho-kun wanted so badly." He kissed her cheek.

"Hai...I'll see you later at dinner then," she said sadly as she knew she couldn't change his mind even though she wanted to try for her friend's sake.

"Hai." He walked out of her room and headed off to look for his son.

888

"Shit!" Sesshomaru looked up at Tsuki. "Don't cry...Takahara's still away on patrol and he won't be back for a while..."

Tsuki sat there; her fist held up to her mouth. Since she did not trust herself to reply to him without crying, she nodded at him. Sesshomaru sat up and pulled her close. Tsukikage whispered, "Gomen nasai..." softly into his chest as the tears slowly ran down her cheeks.

"Ssshh...Look my father's been known to change his mind about hundreds of things, I'll talk to him if you want," he said softly as he patted her back and let her cry herself out.

"Little One...Tsukikage-chan? Are you there?" Ningen-hime said softly as she looked out of the doorway to her room. "Tsukikage-chan, are you alright? Where are you, Little One?"

"Leave her alone; she's fine," Sesshomaru said coldly as he tried to comfort his friend.

"I'm here, Ningen-hime..." Tsukikage said, pushing herself away from the youkai prince.

Izayoi padded softly over to the where they sat. Once there she knelt and bowed to Sesshomaru before addressing the girl. "Are you alright? You're not hurt or sick, or anything?" The human laid the back of her hand across Tsuki's forehead to see if it was warm and Tsuki turned and cried on her shoulder as the older woman tried to comfort her.

"We heard everything..." Sesshomaru said as if that explained it.

"Hai...But as far as I know, nothing's really settled for certain." She looked at the two of them and her heart ached for them. "I will try my best to convince the Dono-sama that this is not a good thing, as I have heard many rumors concerning Takahara, myself. And I know there's a grain of truth in them, for I've seen it for myself as well." She reached out and patted Tsuki's arm. "Little One, crying over it now won't do you any good. What you need to do is remember your lessons, ne? Didn't Atsuimi-hime say that a gentleman must never see a lady's tears, unless they are for him and then only a few?" She smiled as Tsuki sat up and wiped her face.

"Hai...gomen nasai...I was just..." Tsuki said softly before Sesshomaru interrupted her.

"Keh! I thought you were over your nonsense about this, Tsuki-chan."

That made her laugh and Ningen-hime breath a sigh of relief. Perhaps it is a good thing she's so attached to you, Waka-sama, or I would have feared for her life. I owe you many thanks as I would not have wanted her to end her life over this. In fact if you desire the girl as much as she desires you, I promise I will do everything I can to see to it you are together. She's my friend too, Waka-sama, and she means a lot to me and I want her to be as happy as I am and if I can manage it, I will do whatever's in my power to make your mother happy about it as well, if this works out for you both. This I swear to you, even though I know you'll never believe me if I tell you this, Waka-sama.

"Come, I will make you both a cup of tea," Ningen-hime said as she got up.

"You go ahead without me. I'm going to go talk to my father," Sesshomaru said evenly; bowing, he left in the same direction as his father.
Tsukikage also got up and the two women watched him go before they went into their room for a cup of tea.

888

Inutaisho had made as far as the end of the sleeping quarters before the messenger found him.

"Inutaisho-dono-sama! I have something important for you from the Okugata-sama." The young youkai panted as he handed the dog general the letter from his wife.

Inutaisho took the letter and opened it. He scanned it quickly and then closed his eyes. Swallowing, he opened them and spoke to then waiting messenger. "Arigatou, I appreciate it that you took the time to get here quickly as possible. Go find Shouya-jiji and tell him I said he was to see to it you are comfortable." He dismissed the man and after deciding he would speak to his son when they got home he went in search of anyone he could find from his hunting party.

"Oi, Ryoujin-san!" he called out to one of his men.

"Inutaisho-dono-sama!" He bowed as the dog general approached. "Is there a problem?"

"Hai! I need to leave quickly, as my wife has written to inform me that Chibi-Nezumi's about to whelp. She felt it would be best if I were there, especially if she gives me another son."

"Hai! I see then congratulations are in order." He smiled at his lord and the dog general nodded in return. "My lord, have no fear, I'll take care of everything here and I'll see to it we leave in the morning, if you want."

"Hai! Arigatou. Have you seen my son anywhere?"

"Iie...but then he knows more places to hide here than anyone else including Shouya-jiji. If I do happen to find him, do want me to tell him you're looking for him?"

"Hai! Tell him to meet me in my rooms; I have something I need to discuss with him in private," Inutaisho said as he bowed slightly and walked away.

"Hai! I'll go look for him now."

888

"Chichi-ue... Ryoujin-san said you wished to see me..." Sesshomaru said as he entered his father's rooms. He bowed and sat back as he waited for his father to beckon him forward.

"Come, help me gather my things. I need to leave quickly as your mother informs me that Chibi-Nezumi is close to whelping."

"Hai. Do you want me to come back with you, then?" Sesshomaru asked as he handed Inutaisho a folded kimono and its matching kaku belt.

"That is up to you, Sessho-kun. You know you could stay here as long as you want and come back when you feel like it." Inutaisho looked at his son. He took the proffered kimono and hakama his son held out to him. "Perhaps it would be best if you did remain behind."

"Why? Is there a problem?" Sesshomaru asked even though he had a feeling he knew what his father was going to say. Chichi-ue...please tell me you're not seriously thinking of giving Tsuki-chan to him.

This is exactly why I want you to stay here, my son, /Inutaisho thought as he saw the fleeting look of fear cross his son's face. /While we want you to love the woman you'll eventually take as your wife so that you can make her your mate as well, the girl is not what you should be looking for. Perhaps if you weren't my heir, I would consider it, but... "Hai. I've decided to give Tsukikage-hime to Takahara-sama as his consort as he doesn't ask for much and he deserves a reward for his loyalty." He looked away from Sesshomaru and went back to his packing. "So it wouldn't do for you to become too attached to her and even more important, I don't want her getting any more attached to you than she already is. She's nothing more than the spoils of war, even if it really wasn't a war... but the concept is the same."

"So you're saying she's good enough a spoil for him but not for me? Is that why you don't love Haha-ue? She was a 'spoil of war' and you took her as your wife," Sesshomaru said incredulously. "Why can't I do the same? Besides, Tsuki's father was a daimyo too!"

"Tsukikage's father was nothing more than a petty chieftain of small tribe of yamainu that mated with some inu-ronin. The girl's just the daughter of one of his concubines. Besides the legitimate heir was one of her older brothers." He gave his son a look that cut off his argument. "She's the same as any number of women I have at the palace. No better; no worse...and had you cared to notice, you would have seen that I eventually give them to my men as rewards for their loyalty. And Takahara-sama has been a most loyal vassal." He paused as he folded his hakama and packed it along with his sleeping kimono. "Sessho-kun, since she's been here I've rescinded the girl's punishment and I'm going to make that permanent as soon as we get home as it wouldn't do for me to give Takahara a servant, now would it?" He eyed Sesshomaru who nodded in agreement. "Good, from now on you will cease to have anything to do with her. And as soon as I get home I'm going to change her lesson schedule too. She needs to forget about you and start thinking about Takahara if she's going to be happy. Do you understand?"

"Hai...I do, Chichi-ue... but I still don't see why you have to give her to that bastard..." he mumbled the last part to himself.

"Did you say something, Sessho-kun? Iie?" He watched his son shake his head. "Now have I got all my things?" the dog general said, closing the subject of Tsukikage and shifting the conversation away from her.

888

They left later that night after a hurried dinner and despite Inutaisho's warnings, Sesshomaru left with them. He was as miserable as Tsukikage, and he longed to walk beside the palanquin she rode in with Ningen-hime, but his father had insisted Sesshomaru walk with him. The rain was now falling harder than it did this afternoon, and it was mirrored by the tears Tsukikage shed as she sobbed softly on Izayoi's shoulder.

Inutaisho walked along occasionally making small talk with his son, but mostly joining him in his brooding. He figured Sesshomaru was most likely thinking about the girl and Inutaisho had to admit that Sesshomaru was right in one respect; both his Inukouhi and Tsukikage were taken as spoils. I know it seems confusing to you but, my son, you have to realize not only am I dealing with Takahara who can easily be appeased if needed, but your mother as well who can't be. If it were any other woman, I'd give you my blessings, but unfortunately Tsukikage looks too much like Izayoi for your mother to accept her as your wife. That makes me wonder why you even bother with her in the first place; I know how you feel about Izayoi... But then I guess there's just no explaining what goes on in one's heart. Still you are both young and you'll get over it in time. You got over Hitomi-chan quickly enough...Don't be so rash when it comes to a pretty face, my son. Beautiful faces and sweet scents are easy to come by...Tsukikage is nice, but there will be others who are far more suitable... "Did you say something, Sessho-kun?"

"Hai." Sesshomaru looked at his father out of the corner of his eye. "What I said is; it looks like we're nearly home. Do you think Chibi-Nezumi had her pup yet?"

"Oh..." Inutaisho thought for a minute. "It's possible she did, but then again it's just as possible to make it home before the pup's arrival." He smiled. "You know, you were born rather quickly." The dog general laughed. "And it was a good thing I had changed my mind about going riding that morning or I would have missed your arrival. I remember I had stopped to talk with Takahara about it and I hadn't realized how much time had passed, so that when I had gone back to say good bye to your mother, there was an uproar when I walked in just in time to see you whelped. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen, although one I chose not to repeat."
Sesshomaru frowned. "Why is that?"

Inutaisho smiled ruefully. "I have been on many a battlefield and to tell the truth, never had I felt so afraid at seeing so much blood and gore. There is a reason why women take care of that themselves...they are better able to handle things of that nature."

"Hai..." Sesshomaru said uncertainly. They walked on in silence until Inutaisho started telling his son stories about Sesshomaru's babyhood and what he should expect from the new pup.

"Chichi-ue, I do remember Kata-chan, so it's not like I've forgotten what a new pup is like..."

"You do?" Inutaisho asked; surprised that Sesshomaru remembered her.

"Hai...I remember when you brought her to me and also that you to me she was too small to play with. And I also remembered she looked funny; kind of squished-looking and red... but most of all I remember feeling sad when she died..." he said sadly. "Even though I never knew her, I still miss her. Maybe I will get a sister again." He smiled wistfully.

"Hai. Maybe the gods will be kinder this time, Sessho-kun and you'll get your sister..."

They fell back into silence again, but this time it was not the same as before and Inutaisho felt better about his son's mood. It seemed the arrival of the new pup was almost perfect in its timing and Inutaisho prayed that the gods would grant him another daughter. He felt a sister would be just the thing to make Sesshomaru forget about the girl.

888

Inutaisho and his guests had made it home just as dawn was breaking. Everyone was gratefully allowed to go to their rooms after being greeted by the okugata at the main gate. Inutaisho had felt an icy chill when she had greeted him formally. He knew she was bearer of bad news.

"Husband...I regret to tell you that Chibi..." Inukouhi said softly; unable to finish. She closed her eyes and when she opened them, she longed to hold him close as he looked so sad and miserable as he guessed correctly what she left unsaid.

"Iie...How? When?" he said; his voice full of anguish.

"This evening...most likely when the messenger arrived by you. She called for you all day during her travail," she whispered. "There was nothing anyone could do...Baba-chan said the pup was too big for her to whelp and she died of exhaustion." Inukouhi stood there weeping quietly as her husband gently put his arms around her. "And the pup also didn't make it..."

"I'm sure," Inutaisho trailed off. His hands went still on his wife's back. "I'm sure you did everything you could..."

Inukouhi nodded as she wiped away her tears.

"Was the pup a son or a daughter?"

Inukouhi swallowed. "A son," she said softly.

There was a silence.

"I want you to know I had nothing to do with this," Inukouhi said, breaking the silence.

"I never said that you did."

"But you certainly thought it, and don't deny it, Husband, I can see it in your eyes that you did. Do you really think that little of me?"

Inutaisho sighed. "Iie, I don't, my dear, it's just that it was so sudden and unexpected, that's all. That and I'm very tired from traveling all night."

"She really did die whelping the pup. Had I desired her death, I'm sure I could have found a way to deal with her sooner, but she was of little concern to me."

He smiled ruefully at her. "'Of little concern?' I find that hard to believe." He looked at her sharply. "You mean to tell me, that as the mother one of my heirs, you were not worried Chibi-Nezumi might give me another son?" He cocked an eyebrow at her. "You weren't worried that I might declare her son heir over Sesshomaru, leaving her to live on as dowager...no make that regent, should I die? Interesting..."

Inukouhi laughed mirthlessly. "Why? I know that you would never do that to me and Sessho-kun. Besides if you were ever foolish enough to do that, you know it would plunge your empire into civil war as brother fought against brother." She looked him in the eye and plastered a slight smile on her lips. Damn it! That's exactly what I was worried about. Thank the gods you aren't stupid enough to give that human bitch of yours a pup. Then Sessho-kun and I would really have something to worry about. For if I know you, she has but to ask and you'll eagerly set the bastard hanyou up as your heir.

He shook his head at her. "True, but then I've never been one for being foolish."

"Hai, you are correct in that one, dear husband," she lied as they walked on. "Come, let's go see her and then you can rest for a while in my rooms. I promise I'll even let you sleep..."

888

The weather for the next few days reflected the mood around the castle. Everyone was deep in mourning over the loss of Chibi-Nezumi, with Inutaisho taking it very hard. He blamed himself for the whole thing and not even Izayoi could comfort him. Finally Fumiko suggested an old family recipe against sorrow.

"Sake? Isn't that something humans drink?" Inukouhi asked.

"Hai...but there are youkai who enjoy it now and then...in fact my father learned how to make it from some traveling monk..." Fumiko said matter-of-factly.

"Monk? What is a monk?"

"I believe my father said they have something to do with the spiritual needs of the humans...and they can also be a formidable enemy along the lines of the taijiya, but this one apparently was so surprised at actually meeting a real youkai for the first time that he treated my father as one of his own. Because of that, my father was able find out all about sake from him."

"Go on..." Inukouhi said totally fascinated and Fumiko went on with her story.

"So you're saying that the contents of that jug will cure my husband's sorrow?" Inukouhi asked when the youkai courtesan finished.

"Hai! It always worked for my father..."

"Then by all means go to him and give him your cure." Inukouhi dismissed her and turned to her friend who was waiting in the shadows. "Do you think it will help, Atsuimi-chan?"

"I honestly don't know, my Lady, but it can't do any more harm than good...who knows it may just be the thing he needed." She looked at her friend and smile. "Besides, anything that keeps him from the bitch's bed is a good thing, ne?"

"Hai! That's certainly true, Atsuimi-chan..." they sat there and laughed.

888

Sesshomaru sat listening to Ryoushi-sensei drone on about some ancient legendary hero as he stared at the vacant table beside him. They had been home for a couple of weeks now and he found he missed Tsuki more than ever. He had hoped that he would be able to see her during the confusion and turmoil of Chibi-Nezumi's death and his father's mourning but she was even more cloistered away and guarded than his father's treasures. He sighed as he noticed it was raining again and he dreaded the days at the end of the summer when the rains would lessen only to be replaced by the oppressive humidity. He was pleased his teacher had cut the lesson short and he made his way towards the women's quarters under the guise of visiting his mother. He had hoped to get a glimpse of Tsuki in passing, but what he had not counted on was help from an unexpected quarter.

"Konnichiwa, Waka-sama," Ningen-hime said softly as bowed to him.

Sesshomaru returned her greeting and asked, "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be guarding her or are you on your way to visit my father?"

"Neither..." she said softly as he raised an eyebrow at her. "I was actually hoping to see you. I can't find Tsuki-chan anywhere and I was wondering if you may have seen her. You know Takahara-sama is expected to return tomorrow and...."

"Hai...?" he prompted.

"Well, I thought maybe you knew of a place she liked to visit, one that is somewhat out of the way..."

"Hai..." he said as he caught her meaning. "Arigatou, Ningen-hime. If I should happen to spot her, would you like me to tell her that you are looking for her?"

"Hai. Domo arigatougozaimasu, Waka-sama," she said softly as they bowed to each other. She watched him briefly as he walked away in the direction of the old plum orchard.

888

Sesshomaru hurried away from the main buildings of the palace; heedless of the cool soaking rain that fell on him. He was desperate to find Tsuki before anyone else did, so that he could speak with her one last time before she became forever out of his reach. Once he knew where to find her it did not take him long to spot her standing there; under one of the older trees. Tsukikage had her back to him and she turned to face him as he approached.

"Konnichiwa, Waka-sama," she said as she gave him a slight bow.

"Konnichiwa, Tsuki-chan." He returned it, although he did not like the way she winced when he called her by her nickname. "Are you alright?" he asked softly.

"Hai..." She looked away and he noticed she must have been there for some time as she was thoroughly soaked. "He's going to be home tomorrow....I wish he weren't coming back at all."

"Hai, me too." he said softly as he debated whether or not to hold her one last time. "Tsuki-chan..." he whispered and Tsukikage looked back at him and smiled sadly. That decided the issue for him, and he put his arms around her and pulled her close. They stood that way for some time as she cried softly on his chest and he whispered little words of comfort in her ear. Before long he was just as soaked as she was and he looked around for some place to go as he did not want to leave her.

"Come, if I remember correctly there's an old tea house here, I think. I mean I used to play there when I was little..."

"You must have been very lonely..." she interrupted softly.

"Iie. I liked being by myself. There was nobody to tell me what I could or couldn't do and after getting in trouble the first few times, everyone just sort of let me be. I still like being alone at times, but lately I wish I could be alone with you..." There I said it, I really do miss being with you, Tsuki-chan. As much as I love my solitude, I think I'd rather be with you. Especially now when everyone says I can't and I hope you feel the same way...

"Hai...I miss being alone with you too, Waka-sama..." she said listlessly and Sesshomaru felt a moment of fear at hearing her words. "I have reached a decision, Maru-chan...That's why I'm glad you are here with me now..."

"What decision?" he asked hoping she did not detect the note of anxiousness in his voice.

She swallowed and looked up at him. "I'm going to kill myself tonight as I can't take it. I just...I don't know..." She sighed and looked away again. "I just can't bear the thought of being with him...of losing my maidenhood to a man like that." She closed her eyes briefly before looking back at him and Sesshomaru wiped a tear that slowly coursed its way down her cheek. "Do you know what Atsuimi-hime has been teaching me since we returned? Ways of giving him pleasure without me suffering too much. He...he is a coarse horrible man to seek pleasure in those ways...Did you know that many of the women he pillowed with have died afterwards...? I don't know if they died by their own hands or not, but..." She drew in a heavy sobbing breath. "I'm afraid..."

"Come; let's get out of the rain. Like I said we can go find the tea house and there I will listen to you and I will try my best to think of some way to help you. I promise you, Tsuki-chan, that I will everything I can to protect you from him." He felt her nod against his chest. "I don't want you to die, Tsuki-chan..." He hugged her tighter and let her cry for a bit before he insisted they leave.

888

They searched the far edge of the orchard before they spotted it. The old teahouse was half hidden behind a copse of small trees. It seemed in even more disrepair than Sesshomaru remembered, but it was dry inside and out of the rain. Bending his head to enter the low doorway; a half smile tugging at his lips as he remembered a time when he could enter without stooping. Tsuki followed him and turning to face her, he noticed she was shivering in the gloomy half light of its interior.

"I think you should get out of those wet things, before you get sick," he said and she nodded mutely. "I'll be right back with something we can hang them on. Just wait here until I get back."

"Hai..." she replied as she watched him go. Tsuki stood there absent-mindedly picking at her obi cord while awaiting his return.

He was back within minutes; carrying two small saplings, and leaning them against the wall he came over to help her. He quickly stripped her down to her hadajuban and underskirt, before taking off his wet things. Once he had finished hanging them up he turned to her and noticed she was still shivering from the cold.

"Maybe you should take that off too before you get sick." He watched her to make sure she complied. Taking the discarded items he shook them out before he hung them up as they were covered with dust from the floor. He thought she looked beautiful standing there clad only in her tabi socks and he quickly took off his damp inner kimono giving them something to sit on. Carefully placing it on the floor, he sat on it. "Tsuki-chan...Come," he said, he patting the space next to him.

"Hai..." she said softly, before coming over to sit next to him. He nearly died when she leaned against him and after carefully placing his arm around her; he started talking about anything and everything in an effort to cheer her up. Sesshomaru was frightened that she would kill herself the minute he brought her back to the palace and she returned to her room alone. He was desperate for something to do or say that would lift her mood, when the gods smiled on him.

"Eep!" Tsuki yelped and Sesshomaru was startled at the complete change in her behavior, from miserable and upset to panicked and terrified. "Make it go away! Waka-sama! Please make it go away!" she cried as she moved even closer to him. "Maru-chan...please," Tsuki insisted as she toyed with the idea of closing her eyes. Maybe if I don't look at it, it'll go away. Please Maru-chan! Do something! Please!

"Hunh?" Sesshomaru looked at her sharply as she turned to him and started whimpering. "What's wrong, Tsuki-chan?"

She made funny little whining noises as she pointed over towards her left.

"There's nothing there, Tsuki-chan. I've looked," he said reassuringly as he patted her back.

"You're sure?" she whimpered.

"Hai. I'm sure. What was it anyways?"

"A spider..." she whispered. Relaxing a bit, Tsuki opened her eyes and looked over to where she had first spotted the spider. Heaving a sigh of relief, she was about to make an off-hand remark about being so silly when she spotted the offending arachnid. The spider had crept even closer to her than before and it sent her into a panic. With a loud yelp Tsuki somehow managed to go from sitting next to Sesshomaru to sitting on his lap.

"Tsuki-chan...Are you sure you're alright?" he asked softly and she squirmed in lap in a further attempt at getting away from the spider. He closed his eyes and prayed he would not get aroused.

"Iie...I'm afraid of them..." she whispered and he opened his eyes and put his arms protectively around her "My Onii-chan once told me a scary story about a kumo-youkai who was very evil and ate naughty little children for breakfast..." she sat there squeezing her eyes shut. "And I've been afraid of them ever since..."

"I see..." he said as tried to keep the amusement out of his voice. "Well...ummm...give me a minute and I shall slay the offending beast."

"Arigatou..." she whispered and then kissed his cheek.

"Keh..." he said offhandedly. Then Sesshomaru reached over and with a swift downward strike of his fist, squashed it flat. "Look, he's gone now." Tsuki had jumped at the sound before releasing her 'death grip' on his neck.

Tsuki opened her eyes and looked over to where he pointed. "Hai...arigatou..." she whispered.

"You said that before..." He held her closer.

"Hai..." And she snuggled into his embrace.

"That too..." He kissed her forehead.

Tsuki shifted so she could look up at him. "Waka-sama...Maru-chan, I need your help again." She smiled shyly at him, before kissing him again.

"Don't tell me there's another spider..." he said dryly when they broke the kiss and she laughed.

"Iie...but I really do need your help." Tsuki looked him in eye and taking a deep breath she went on, "I've decided I don't want to lose my maidenhead with Takahara-san...I want...ummm...I want you to take it..." She reached out and gently caressed his cheek.

Sesshomaru sat there in stunned silence as what she told him sank in. His mind seemed to freeze up and everything went still from the rain beating against the roof, to the beating of his own heart. He had always known she wanted him more than Takahara, but he had never suspected the depths of her desire before. He swallowed and looked around the interior of the teahouse before he noticed she was crying again. "You always did have a good head for battles," he said to himself as he pulled her close.

Tsuki, who heard the remark, shot him a puzzled glance that quickly started to turn into anger before he went on, "You remember how you were always able snatch victory away from me in class, when we would battle against each other?"

"Hai..." she said uncertainly, reining in her anger, as she had no idea what he was talking about but wanting to hear him out, although she couldn't help blurting out, "I'm being serious here and you go on about battles to be won..." she said incredulously.

"Well, this time, you will have an ally to help you win." He smiled at her as he took her face in his hands and gently used his thumbs wipe away her tears. "Damn it!" he suddenly swore and she frowned. "Won't he know that I was there before, or rather someone was there before him?"

"Hunh? Don't you want me anymore? You seemed like you wanted me before at the lodge..." she said huffed, annoyed by his talk of battles. "And I thought you said you would protect me from him," she looked into his eyes as she dried her tears. "I thought maybe if I gave you my maidenhead he wouldn't want me anymore...and then ...and then we could be together..." she whispered. "Please, Maru-chan..." she pleaded. "Don't worry about that...I've learned things from Atsuimi-hime..." she whispered against his neck and he nodded; intrigued by thoughts of what she may have learned.

"I do want you, Tsuki-chan, and I've promised I'll protect you from him..." He held her close, while pleased that she was beginning to show some of her feistiness again.

"Arigatou..." She pulled him closer to her.

"So you are sure this is what you want?" Sesshomaru murmured, resting his face on the top of her head, he breathed in the scent of her hair.

She nodded as her anger dissipated. "Hai," she said softly, before capturing his lips with hers and removing all doubt from his mind.

Sesshomaru gently brushed his lips against hers at first, before he deepened it as Tsuki put her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. She tasted just as delectable now as she did in the garden when he first kissed her that way and he let his tongue explore her mouth briefly before she did the same to him. When they parted she smiled at him and he kissed her softly on her nose which made her giggle. Sesshomaru grinned at her and when she giggled again he covered her face with little kisses.

"Please ...you're tickling me..." Tsuki said breathlessly when Sesshomaru nuzzled her neck.

Looking up at her, he murmured an apology before kissing her along the length of her collar bone.

"Maru-chan..." she whispered and closing her eyes, Tsuki leaned back and Sesshomaru continued his way downward. Pausing briefly to bury his nose in the deep cleft between her breasts, Sesshomaru looked up at her and gently eased her onto her back. Tsuki lay there, enjoying the sensation of his lips as they traced a path downwards over the swell of her belly as well as the soft silkiness of his hair where it brushed against her skin. Finally he reached his destination; the soft delicate flower of her sex. Sesshomaru buried his nose in there, drinking in the heady fragrance of her arousal. It was sweet, musky and very intoxicating as he breathed it in and he barely noticed that she clamped her thighs around his head. Moaning softy as his breath tickled her; Sesshomaru felt her desire as if it were his own. It felt strange at first and he wondered if she felt the same way. Sesshomaru paused and looked up at Tsuki. She lay back with a slight smile on her lips and feeling a bit more confident, Sesshomaru worked his way slowly back up before he lay down on top of her. He loved the feel of her body under his, but when he noticed her discomfort, he held her tightly to him while he rolled over onto his side.

Tsuki snuggled into him as Sesshomaru let his hand trail down to the small of her back. He let it rest there, doing nothing until she relaxed again before he stroked her there. Tsuki adored the way he moved his claws and delicately traced a little path up and down the base of her spine. She loved the softness of his caress and she moved closer to his manhood.

Encouraged by her moaning, Sesshomaru cupped the soft curves of her buttocks and pulling her hips closer to him and they both let out a little cries of pleasure. Sesshomaru moaned softly when he rubbed his manhood against the gentle swell of her stomach. He took a deep breath and held it, as he drank in the sweet musky fragrance of that was her as well as the scent of her lust before letting it out slowly. He committed it to his memory and he could tell she was doing the same thing by the way she nuzzled him along his neck. Having her so close to him, felt good and he wanted to savor the moment before it ended in spent lust. Taking her hand he gently guided it down towards his swollen member. "Hold me..." he whispered, his voice full of lust.

"Hai..." she whispered and when she touched him he shuddered. He was surprised how much better it felt having her hand there instead of his. The way Tsuki lightly rubbed her thumb along its tip made him groan deep within his throat. Tsuki was pleased that a half remembered lesson from Atsuimi had had the desired effect. She found it hard to concentrate when everything Sesshomaru did to her felt so mind-numbingly good. All she wanted to do was exist in a state of euphoria and have him stroke her and touch her in places she never imagined would feel that good.

"Tsuki, I need to take you now, or it'll be too late..." he said huskily as he nuzzled her cheek.

Tsuki let go and kissed him before she moved away from him unsure of what to do next. She tried to remember her lessons from Atsuimi-hime but they all went out of her head as now she had a real live male of her own...and one that she actually desired. It was several minutes before she was aware he was speaking to her again. "Hunh?"

"Tsuki-chan..." he said hesitantly. "I really want to face you..." He sat up and looked at her questioningly.

"Hai...me too," she sat back on her heels and turned to face him. "But how...?" she said to herself as she smiled shyly at him, while moving back onto his discarded kimono. They sat there for a few minutes. Sesshomaru then leaned into her and kissed her again. Placing his hand on her shoulder, he gently eased her onto her back, and once again found himself blanketing her.

"Do you think it'll work this way?" he whispered softly in her ear. "I'm sure it would, but I also think humans ummm...do things that way..."

"Oh...but humans can't be that different from us if... ummm...never mind." She shook her head at his questioning look. "Shall we try?"

"Hai, but you need to relax again..." He kissed her cheek. "Tsuki-chan...please?" he asked while positioning himself between her legs.

"Kiss me..." she whispered and he complied. She lay there entwined in his arms, capturing his lips with her own, kissing him softly at first before deepening it. Tsuki loved the sweetness of his mouth and as she enjoyed the moment, she slowly started relaxing under his touch.

Sesshomaru smiled as he drank in her scent. He trailed more little kisses down her body and as her arousal increased she opened herself up to him. He could not believe she was showing him things he had only imagined before. He wanted to bury his nose in the soft tangle of curls so he could taste the sweetness of her sex. Tsuki as if she could sense his desire, swallowed her fear and encouraged him to do so. He moved forward and licked her there. Sesshomaru looked up and watched her face as he let his tongue dance upon her flower. Tsuki was surprised at first when she felt him and as her eyes snapped open she picked her head up to see what he was doing. She caught the faint ghost of grin on his lips before she shuddered and let her head fall back again. She found it was just as good if not better than she had been told it would be and it was all she could do not to wrap her legs around him. Sesshomaru discovered if he concentrated on licking a certain part, he could make her brow crease and her eyes close tightly, while she fought to keep herself open to him. Her reactions excited him more than ever and he tried to think of different ways to elicit the same response from her. He tried slowing down but quickly noticed that if he sped up, she seemed the most aroused. Tsuki became so heighten in her arousal, that when he started going quicker, she bit her lip to keep from crying out. It was becoming too intense, the feelings that had started down there and radiated outwards in her belly. She wanted to beg him for more, but fear of what he would think left her asking only that he take her quickly.

Without giving it a second thought, he took a deep breath and drank deeply of her scent before moving back up on top of her. Tsuki felt his weight and when she shifted to find a less confining spot, it suddenly eased up when he lifted himself off her. She could feel him bumping around her loins as he sought to sheath himself inside her. Taking his manhood in his hand and with her help, Sesshomaru guided it in, entering her. He winced when she cried out in pain while he developed his rhythm. Sesshomaru found the experience was heightened by the fact he was feeling his pleasure as well as hers. With each inward stroke, she pushed her hips up to meet his and they both felt the intense enjoyment of the moment. With each movement they felt as if they could go on forever as nothing existed beyond the intoxicating feelings of desire.

It was disappointing when it ended. They lay there still joined together, his chin resting on her shoulder as they sought to commit each other's scent to memory. When she shifted under his weight, Sesshomaru got up and sat back on his heels, watching her intently as she sat up and faced him. Tsuki looked at him, a dreamy smile on her face that was mirrored by the one on his own. Slowly they moved together back into the warmth of each other's arms.

Sign up to rate and review this story