Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > it's the tearing sound of love notes...

The Infamous? I like it.

by nicole_ownsxxx 5 reviews

girl gets bored in hometown. makes band with friends. get awesome drummer. meet drummer's family. and things happen. read. it's neat.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-06-22 - Updated: 2007-06-22 - 866 words

2Exciting
i promise it gets better. i swear it does. the first chapter reeaaally sucks, and if you want you can just skip it. it's not really important. so..don't quit reading the story because of the first chapter, plleeeaasee! it'll get waaaaay better! i promise!

erm. tell me what you think?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Katie, Jenny, and I were sitting around our small apartment one day, just hanging out when I was struck with the best idea the whole wide world.

"I think we should form a band."

"That's stupid, Roxie."

"Why is it stupid? I could sing, Katie could play guitar, and Jenny could be the bassist! It's perfect!"

"We can't be a proper band without a drummer, Roxie," Katie started. She strummed random chords on her guitar and flipped her long black hair back.

"That's why we look for one, genius!" I yelled back. "Freakin' idiots. I swear!" I murmured after I ran a hand through my shoulder-length blondish purplish blackish hair. It was a mixture of the three. Nifty, if I said so myself.

"Where exactly are we going to find a drummer? We live in the middle of nowhere, or did you forget that again, Miss Black Eyeliner?" Jenny said. Her hair was cherry red and about three inches long and chunky.

They called me Miss Black Eyeliner because I wore an excessive amount of eyeliner. And we all liked Say Anything. I was wearing a blue Jack's Mannequin shirt and ripped jeans. I had a pair of black Van-knockoffs on (cheap is the way to go!), with multicolored hearts on them. And of course the studded belt which I always wore.

Katie was decked out in black. She was the gothic looking one of the group, always in black, with her pretty long black hair. She was timid, sweet, and shy, rarely talked, didn't like roller coasters, never said a mean thing, that sort of thing. Jenny and I were the exact opposite.

Jenny was wearing blue jeans with huge black paint stains on them, with her name written on the bum of her pants. Her shirt was a Pink Spider's shirt, and she wore gray plaid Etnies. She had a sarcastic sense of humor and said what was on her mind, nice or not. She had loads of friends, but twice as many enemies.

"Why do you wanna be in a band anyway?" Katie asked. "They all end up the same. On drugs and broke. Besides, we have jobs we have to keep to pay for this stupid apartment. We won't have time for a band. We're just a bunch of twenty year old college drop outs."

I sighed. "Aren't you sick of the same old thing? We've got to get out of this stupid town! It's slowly sucking the life out of me, guys!"

Jenny threw her notebook down. "You're right, Roxanne! Let's just call our private jet up, get it to take us to New York, because, you know we can totally afford to leave, and then we'll have a life of complete luxury and we'll live HAPPILY EVER AFTER!"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not saying we just up and leave. I mean, first we need to start the band. Then we need to practice. Then we need to get signed. Then we need to get famous. Seriously. We'd be an awesome band, and you know it."

Katie, who'd taken a chance in her entire life, agreed with me. "She's right, Jenny. This town's a drag. We need to do something."

"Fine. We'll be in a band. But don't blame me when we fall to pieces," she muttered. "First things first. We need a name, then a drummer."

I laughed. "Oh, because band names are so much more important than a drummer," I mused.

"No. Picture this conversation." Jenny began pretending to make a call to someone. "Hello? Hi. We want your to be our drummer? Do we have songs? No. Do we have any gigs? Well, no. Do we even have a name? No. But-are you still there? Guess not." She hung up her imaginary phone and turned to me. "Too bad we're too stupid to even come up with a freaking band name!" she cried, her eyes meeting mine.

"You're so dramatic. Fine. We're...erm..." I trailed off, racking my brain for a good name.

"The Tea Drinkers?" Katie offered.

"That's really dumb, no offense, Katie," Jenny said.

"None taken," she said brightly.

"What about the Infamous? That's neat, right?" I asked. "I think it's nifty!"

"You're such a dork! Neat? Nifty? You say the weirdest things. But I like name. The Infamous. It's mysterious, sexy, bad ass. It's the name," Jenny cried.

"Great! We are the Infamous!"

Jenny and Katie snickered when I said "great."

Katie smiled. "Okay, now we just need a drummer. We're all gonna be pretty good once we learn to play together."

"I know a girl who might be interested. She's an awesome drummer. She said her brother's in some band, and their drummer taught her when they would get bored and just hang out," Jenny told us, rushing up to get her address book.

"Sweet! What's her name?" I asked.

"Mary Way."
Sign up to rate and review this story