Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Starting a new life and lie

The day my life was taken...

by patdfan27 4 reviews

Katrina Rivera's life is taken away from her forever but has the chance to start over with a new name and new town thanks to the witness protection program. Now Samantha Watson has to protect h...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Warnings: [R] [V] - Published: 2007-06-21 - Updated: 2007-06-21 - 910 words

0Unrated
4 months ago...

"Mom I am home!" I called out every single day I came home from my classes at the university. Today was supposed to be a normal day. I come home do my homework, eat dinner, and watch some boring movie with my boyfriend and family and go to sleep. Today was supposed to be normal.

"Mom? Dad? Clark? Where is everybody?" Then things went black. When I woke up I found myself tied up in my living room facing my parents, my brother, and my boyfriend. My mom had a look of fright on her face and looked like she had been crying. "What's going on?"

"Sweetheart, don't say another word, or they might..."

"Might what?" I quickly shut up when 6 men came into the living room with guns and knives.

"So Mr. Rivera, are you ready to confess that you are the mole in our company?"

"I don't know what you are talking about, but let my family go and do whatever you want with me."

"Funny ain't it. He said let go of his family but he never said anything about your boyfriend Katrina." He raised his gun and shot my boyfriend.

"No!" I began to cry as I saw my boyfriend's dead body in front of me. He then pointed the gun toward me and I automatically stopped.

"Every time your father says he doesn't know what we are talking about someone else gets a bullet in their head. So tell your dad to start talking." I glanced over to my dad and pleaded with my eyes.

"Daddy tell them whatever they want, please!" My dad shook his head and I felt a bullet go through my knee. "Daddy!"

"Oh come on daddy, tell us what we want to know before I leave your daughter with no knees."

"I know if I tell you what you want to hear me and my family would be dead no matter what. So why even bother?" I stared at my dad in confusion. Will he let his entire family die for something he is keeping secret? The guy just laughed and motioned over to my mother. Two guys grabbed a hold of her and took her to her bedroom, where we heard screaming until it was silenced after a sound of a gun.

"Now who do you want us to torture next? Your daughter, the first born or your son who is the only one to carry out the family name? I will make things easy for you. Take the boy, I have a soft spot for Katrina." He stroked my cheek with gun in hand and his men took my brother somewhere in the house and there was a commotion of fighting before several shots were fired.

I looked at my dad with hate in my eyes and cried harder than I ever had in my life.

"Oh Katrina no need to cry, if your father confesses than your life would be spared. Right dad?" My dad shook his head and beginning to say sorry before the man shot him in the leg. "Now you have to watch me and my men torture your daughter in front of you, before we kill you." Everything went black again.

I woke up in a place I have never seen before feeling like if I had been beaten with a baseball bat a million times. A guy in a white coat comes in and looks at me with surprise.

"Katrina I am Doctor Parker. You have been in a coma for about 2 weeks now. Do you remember anything before your coma?" I nodded and began to cry. Then walked two guys in suits and asked the doctor to leave and close the door.

"Ms. Katrina Rivera, I presumed." I nodded but avoided eye contact.

"We are special agents Cook and Bourke. I am with the FBI and Bourke is with the Witness Protection Agency. We were working with your dad trying to bring down a mob boss before his cover was blown. We are here to tell you that you have nothing to worry about you are safe in our care."

"Is my entire family dead?"

"Yes and a Mr. Derek Ward, was also found dead at your home as well. We presumed that they left you for dead so now we have to do everything in our power to protect you." He began to explain to me how this whole Witness Protection worked. I will go under surgery to alter my appearance so I won't be recognizable and move to a new town to start a new life.

"Why my father?"

"Come again."

"Why did you choose my father for this investigation?"

"We didn't, he came to us." I nodded and he said they will be back later to transfer me to a different location. Before he left he handed me a box. "Here are some things from your house we were able to recover." They left, leaving me to myself. I opened up the box to see an old photo album, some things from my room, and my mom's old jewelry box. I opened the jewelry box to see both of my parent's wedding rings in the box. I pulled out my mom's and pulled out a chain and placed her wedding ring on the chain and place it around my neck. The agents came back and took me to a safe compound. Katrina Rivera no longer existed.
Sign up to rate and review this story