Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Not So Ordinary

Another Night Alone In The City

by carcrashhearts 0 reviews

Things go from bad to worse.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-06-26 - Updated: 2007-06-27 - 438 words

0Unrated
The next day I woke up in the middle of the afternoon, with no desire to do anything. Although the idea of staying in bed all day sounded appealing, I finally forced myself out of bed. I made my way out to the kitchen, and broke my promise to Patrick. I grabbed some Ben and Jerry's out of the freezer and settled on the couch to watch cheesy Lifetime movies. Time passed by in a blur, and when I finally looked at the clock, it was 7:30. So I really had wasted the whole day. That wasn't a good thing. There was only one way to fix this.

I spent the next 30 minutes arguing with myself whether to call him or not.

'Okay, Connor, just suck it up and call him.'

I picked up my Sidekick and hesitated, but quickly dialed before I could talk myself out of it. I nervously listened to the ringing and frowned when it went to his voicemail. Slightly irritated, I called him again, and after a few rings I finally got an answer.

"Hello?"

But it wasn't Pete's voice. It was a girl's voice.

I sat there shocked, not saying anything. When I didn't answer, the girl hung up. I slowly lowered the Sidekick and stared at it. The Sidekick Pete gave me. I resisted the urge to throw it across the room. The anger quickly faded, as sadness overwhelmed and I began to sob uncontrollably. A little while later I had calmed down some but couldn't stop crying.

Picking up the Sidekick up again, I dialed another number as I walked back to my room.

"Hello?" I heard a sleep filled voice reply. I started to cry harder again.

"Haley, what's wrong? You're scaring me. Calm down and tell me."

"P-Pete cheated on me," I finally managed to get out.

"What?" I heard Joe ask. "Are you sure?"

"Patrick convinced me to call him, so I did and a girl answered his phone."

"I'm going to kill him," Joe growled.

"What am I going to do?" My heart felt as if I had been shattered into thousands of pieces and I would never be whole again.

"Haley, listen to me. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Maybe it's not what it seem," he said, sounding not too confident. "You need to try to relax and get some sleep. I know that sounds stupid, but it's true."

"I don't think I can sleep."

"Yes, you can. I'll stay on the phone with you until you fall asleep."

I listened as Joe said comforting things, and soon I drifted off to a dreamless sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story