Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Everything Must Belong Somewhere

.[twelve].

by loversintomonsters 2 reviews

i listen to too much bright eyes. i apologize.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-02 - Updated: 2007-07-03 - 1147 words

2Funny
"Charley! You have to stay off that ankle!" Joe yelled at me from his position on the couch.

I grabbed on to the arm of the chair for support and tried to hop on my good foot. I knew I should have paid more attention in day care. I always sat out during games of hopscotch because I could never master the hopping on one foot thing. If I'd only known how it would have came back to bite me in the ass, my four year old self would have totally dominated that dumb game.

"I have to go to the bathroom!" I yelled back. He was being so over protective it was ridiculous. It had been three days since the doctor informed Joe and I that I had a sprained ankle. In three days, Joe hadn't left my side once. At first, I thought it annoyingly sweet and now I just thought it annoying. He was on a break form touring, shouldn't he be out doing more productive things? Like putting up with Pete's ego or catching up on sleep?

"You're never going to heal correctly if you keep walking on it." he warned me, rolling his eyes.

"Yea, well, if I don't walk on it, you're going to have to take me back to the hospital for bladder control problems." I let go of the chair and hopped two steps forward before I hopped right into the table. I grabbed ahold of the lamp to steady myself, but in turn knocked it to the floor with a bang. I officially hate my four year old self for this. That bitch refused to learn how to prepare for the future. In hindsight, I now see that my high school guidance counselor was right. That's going to cause me to attend therapy at a later date. Godamnit.

"Oh, christ." Joe kicked the small blanket off of his leg and walked over tome, being careful to avoid the newly shattered light bulb. He scooped me up and carried me to the downstairs bathroom. He opened the door then gently set me down behind it.

"Would you like to unbutton my pants as well, or were you saving that for when you injure me in a car accident." I smiled at him sweetly, holding onto the door for balance.

"For the last time, Charley Kate, you ran into me." He said sincerely as he slammed the door behind him. I chose to say nothing back because I know that deep down in his heart he knows the truth and the truth is that he ran into me.

For three days, Joe has been babysitting me. I have to admit that it hasn't been so bad having company. We haven't been able to do much due to my injury that he caused, but we've kept each other entertained by watching movies and arguing over who sprained my ankle. I won't tell you again who I believe it was, but just know that I'm right. He hasn't once asked why after all time time I chose now to come home and I'm grateful of that. The last thing I want to do is tell him that this is all because of his band mate and close friend.

Speaking of Pete, I Haven't heard from him since I fled Seattle. Then again, I left my phone on the plane purposely, so I haven't much heard form anyone. Part of me feels that I should call work and inform them, but I'm sure they've found out by now and I was sure that I no longer had a job. Part of me also feels that I should call Zak as well, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I had no idea of what to say. For the time being, I was completely content with my life being in disarray. For the past two years, I feel like my life has been so planned out, so calculated, that I often felt like I was losing touch with the kid I used to be. I needed this trip home. I suppose In some way I needed Pete to fuck me (no pun intended) over with the intensity that he did so that I could take this time to find out who the hell I was again. I need to be in Chicago right now. I need to be in my parents house. I need to have Joe yell at me about my ankle then carry me to the bathroom. I need to take jogs around familiar neighborhood's. I need to stay up all night watching horrible Hollywood films with an old friend. I need to realize that I should have learned how to perform hopscotch nineteen years ago. I need to feel alive again. Perhaps, I should think him, but I probably won't because I'm convinced that he's an asshole.

I hopped out of the bathroom to find Joe tying his old Chuck's. He looked up and cocked his head much like puppies do when they are confused about something.

"You don't really need me to unbutton your pants for you, do you? Because I'm certain that could change the dynamic of our friendship."

"How long are those shoe strings?" I kicked at the broken glass caused my clumsiness prior to this conversation.

"Not too long. Why? Do they look weird?" He asked with a sudden interest in the length of his white shoe strings.

"I just wanted to know how well they would wrap around your neck, is all." I smirked at him.

"You know, Charley, sometimes you say really clever and funny things. Sadly, that wasn't one of those times." Joe mimicked my smirk.

"Well, you know Joe, sometimes when the lighting hits you just right, you could actually be considered attractive. Sadly, this isn't one of those times." I ducked from the pillow flying at me head.

"Yea, yea, grab your coat, we're going out." He stood up and rubbed the wrinkles from his button down shirt. I have never met a kid who had less sense of style than Joe did. Sure, wearing a button down shirt was a nice look. However, the outline of his Glassjaw shirt could easily be seen through the thin material. What a douche bag.

"Joe! I can't go anywhere. I hate people and I have a broken ankle." I whined. Really, it wasn't my intention to be seen in public in this town. I refused to let anyone know I was home for various reasons. I just didn't want to be seen.

"If you don't meet me outside in my car in five minutes, you will be sorry." He left me standing there wondering what fortune cookie he stole that cheesy ass line from and once again resenting my four year old self for being such a damn recluse on the playground.
Sign up to rate and review this story