Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > Fire and Water

Fire and Water

by MandelisChaos 0 reviews

Aang, Katara, and Sokka have just escaped from Ba Sing Se and the Fire Nation, and now have landed on an island inhabited by people and benders from all the different Nations. Will Aang find a Fir...

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Aang, Katara, Sokka, Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-07-03 - Updated: 2007-07-03 - 1296 words

0Unrated
Imprinted Memories


Long ago, the spirits were at war just like the nations are now; fire and earth against water and air. In this long and devastating war a young woman of the water spirits and a young man of the fire spirits were rebellious against this war. They had a chance meeting on an old battlefield and it was love at first sight. They kept meeting every chance they could, and they conceived a daughter. The spirits were furious, but understood the forces of nature and they figured that the babe would die because of the natural opposites battling inside of her. The young woman was taken to an air sanctuary where the babe was born and then was returned to her father. It is said that the babe was raised in the ways of the Fire Nation and would be reincarnated within one child some day when the world needed her most. That time; is now.

On a small island on the outskirts of the Fire Nation there live all different people of all different Nations. This village is untouched by the war raging around them and in their home Nations. The village is ruled by a former Fire Nation general named Tyrone. His daughter, Lanza, is of both the elements water and fire. All the people in the village believe that Lanza is the Daughter of Fire and Water.

Whether you believe in ancient legends or not there's no other way to explain Lanza's natural bending talents of both water and fire. A skeptic you may be, but wait until you see this girl's power and then determine it for yourself. With this kind of power she must be the daughter of spirits.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Aang sat on Appa as Katara and Sokka loaded their new equipment onto Appa's back. Aang kept staring onto the horizon as if there were nowhere else to go. He sighed as he shook his head out of his thoughts and looked back to see Katara and Sokka getting on Appa. Aang nodded to the two of them and they were off into the air.

"Aang, what's wrong? You should be happy that you've unlocked the Avatar state. What's bothering you?" Katara asked as she sat next to him. Aang sighed and looked into her shining blue eyes.

"Katara, I just don't know if I'm ready to be the Avatar. It's such a big responsibility for a boy of my age. I'm only twelve," Aang said and Katara laughed and smiled at him.

"Actually, Aang, you're 112, but I won't hold that against you. I know that you're ready for this. Think about what good you'll be able to do in the world. You'll be able to end this war that's been raging for over 100 years. You've already mastered three of the four elements. We've just hit a snag in the road," Katara said as she wrapped her hands around one of Aang's. Aang smiled at her and nodded. Learning Firebending was going to be hard since the Fire Nation wanted to rule the four nations and had succeeded in overthrowing three. There wasn't going to be anywhere where they could go so Aang could privately learn Firebending.

"It's getting late again. We should find somewhere to land," Sokka said as he looked to the setting sun. It felt like they had just taken off, but as Aang and Katara looked around they found a small island out in the middle of the ocean and nodded to each other as Aang pulled Appa down and onto the island.

"I guess we'll camp here tonight. Katara, can you put up the tent? Sokka, can you get the food? I'll go get some firewood," Aang said as he set his friends to do their tasks. Aang set out into the forest to gather up a few small logs, dry leaves, and some twigs. Aang kept looking around after his third trip out into the forest and came upon a small town.

"Who's there?" a girl in Fire Nation clothing asked as she came toward where Aang was standing. The girl was about Sokka's age; fifteen, with light blonde hair, bright purple eyes, and wore clothes like Katara's only in shades of red not blue. Aang took one look and knew that this girl wasn't going to go down without a fight. He decided that he might as well go back to camp and just sleep it out.

"What did you find?" Katara asked as she saw Aang come back to camp with his feet dragging behind him. "Is there something wrong?" Katara asked again her voice a little less panicked than it had been the first time. Aang shook his head and sat down leaning against Appa.

"I saw a girl that wore what looked like water tribe clothes, but they were Fire Nation colors. It was so strange; she had this aura around her that made her seem familiar. She didn't look like anyone I'd ever seen, but she felt to familiar. It was the strangest thing," Aang said as he shook his head as if to put it behind him.

Aang looked back into his past memories of the Air Temple and saw her face in his vision. She wore the same water tribe clothes that the infants at the North Pole had worn, but they were in shades of red and purple. She was sitting on the stone edge of a fountain playing in the water. A water tribe woman came behind her and scooped her up into her arms and smiled.

"Hush now, my little Lani. You'll be save with your father in the waters of the Fire Nation," the woman said to the young one as she placed the young girl into the arms of a Fire Nation officer. The man smiled down at the little treasure in his arms and kissed the forehead of the water tribe woman as he walked off with his daughter in his arms.

"Now, my little Lanza, we will be home soon," the officer said as he walked onto a Fire Nation ship and away from the small island covered in ice.
A booming voice soon took over the memory and Aang looked slightly confused. "Welcome, young Avatar Aang, to the Island of Tyree. Out of the clutches of the Fire Nation and inhabited by all different benders. I hope you enjoyed the memory I have shared with you. Please don't be a stranger," the booming voice said before it was gone and Aang was awake once again and face to face with Katara. It was morning and the sun was shining overhead. The campsite was picked up and it looked like Katara and Sokka were ready to go.

"Wait, I want to look around the town today. We may stay here another night," Aang said and Katara looked at him confused. Aang smiled and explained his dream to her. Katara looked absolutely confused. Aang then explained that he might even be able to find a teacher on the island in the town.

"All right, Aang, but if something goes wrong we're out of here," Katara said as she nodded to Sokka who fell off Appa's back.

"You're saying that we packed all our stuff up and we're staying here?" Sokka yelled and Katara nodded. Sokka stood up and huffed as he started to unpack their things once again. "Why did I get stuck with the crazy sister and the Avatar?" Sokka mumbled to himself as Aang and Katara went into the village.

((A/N: Ok, please be pacient with me on this story. I've just started writing on the Avatar, and I can promise you more stoires to come. Please stay tuned for the next chapter and please review!! Thanks!!

MandelisChaos
Sign up to rate and review this story