Categories > Original > Mystery > The Paradox of Elaine

Chapter 1

by qt314 0 reviews

Who is the strange stalker that seems to be after Elaine? Could it be Sam, the conficted mass murder and Elaine's 'project'? Follow this riviting tale as I post up more chapters. :)

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-03 - Updated: 2007-07-03 - 1145 words

0Unrated
They were protected from the chill of the night air as they sat by the glowing fire. A young woman sat on the couch, dressed in nothing but a thin blue dress fishnet stockings and high heels, her pale face now a shade red.
She leaned back onto the couch until her face was in a complete shadow. A satisfied smile beamed across her face as she took a last sip of red wine from her wine glass and set it on the marble table in front of her.
"I haven't seen you in a very long time," a man's voice whispered. Each breath echoed through the vastness of the house like a secret untold. The woman gave an exasperated sigh as shivers crawled down her spine.
"I doubt you remember my name. I remember yours...Sam."
Footsteps pounded from a distance, and when Sam came closer, his body glowed amber in the firelight. His shirt was slightly unbuttoned, showing his masculine chest hairs. He gazed into her deep hazel eyes and gave a genuine smile.
"Of course I remember your name...Elaine."
His eyes twinkled when he said her name. It was as if an energy of happiness revived him with each syllable of her name. Elaine.
Elaine motioned Sam to sit beside her on the couch. He followed her slender hand's command and sat beside her. Slowly he inched closer to her.
Elaine smirked and played with her straight shoulder length dark brown hair. She ran her long fingers through the layers and curled the strands around them.
"It's been two months exactly since I've seen you Sam."
"You've been counting? I'm impressed."
"With me or yourself?" Elaine laughed.
"Both. I'm impressed with the fact that I can leave such an impression on you. And that you had the patience to keep track all this time."
"What can I say?" she shrugged, "I'm a hopeless romantic."
She gabbed in the collar of Sam's polo shirt and forcefully dragged it in towards her. Their faces were inches apart; so close that they could taste each other's breath. She could hear his breathing becoming heavier and heated with passion.
"It's been way too long," Sam uttered, grabbing Elaine's shoulders and pulling her slender body closer to his. His arms began to shake as he stared at her. She could feel his pulse getting quicker and quicker by the second.
Elaine loved it when men's muscles became weak. It proved to her that muscles weren't a determination of true strength. It proved to her that they could fail. It also showed that men were truly vulnerable.
She closed her eyes and moved in closer to kiss him. When their lips met, the kiss lasted for what seemed like an eternity. Breaths became heavy and their bodies became alive. It was a passionate awakening. When they slowly pulled apart, they both gave a final sigh. It was the peak of euphoria.
"Now, tell me about the murder."
"Elaine, must we get into this now?!" Sam scoffed. "It's been so nice so far, let's not ruin it with minor details of mistakes that I've made."
Sam gingerly rubbed his hands around her waist and let them flow along its curves. The touch brought a tantalizing feeling to Elaine. Nothing else ever did it to her.
"You're such a naughty boy," she replied with a playful scowl. "You do realize you'll be caught right?"
Sam just laughed loudly. It wasn't a dramatic laugh, just a hardy laugh. It was pure. When he caught his breath, he leaned into Elaine's ear and whispered.
"Those police can't find me even with the best radars in the world. I'm invisible to them."
"Meaning what?" Elaine asked, becoming curious.
Sam began to speak, but then shook his head and sighed.
"Are you here to kiss me or just interrogate me?" Sam asked.
Elaine could tell he was becoming irritated now. His irises sparked with a heated fire, and that only happened when he was bothered. She had no choice, and she knew it.
Slowly she moved forward for another kiss. Each movement seemed to move at slow motion; the puckering of her lips, closing eyelids, even her breathing. It was achingly slow. Before she could even feel his breath on hers Sam yanked her forward and glared at her. He began breathing heavily and unevenly. Elaine could swear that a drop of sweat was trickling down his forehead. But she didn't flinch. She just stared right at him, not thinking of blinking for even a second.
"You sure you won't tell anyone about what happened right?" he asked.
Elaine paused and stared at him and grinned.
"Sam, I promised you that when you first told me. I can keep a promise. Besides, it's in the past. We can't change it. We can only learn from it and accept it."
"You're such a philosophizer." Sam winked. He grabbed her shoulders once more and kissed her between her breasts. She moaned and was about to return the favor when she noticed a siren coming from a distance.
"Oh crap, it's probably Officer Amy picking me up for a new case."
She pulled back quickly, dropping Sam's hands on the couch with a hard thud. She grabbed the shirt and pants of her police uniform off the floor and put them on, hopping around as she haphazardly pulled her pants over her fishnet stockings.
Sam groaned and shook his head.
"Look at you," he scoffed, "you're a mess. One blare of a police car's siren and you think you're going to be on duty again."
A car horn blared, reinforcing Elaine's urgency to leave.
"I have to do what I have to do," she replied in a stern tone.
"Fine, but you better be back sooner than two months."
Elaine gave Sam one last kiss on his mouth, making it last as long as it could before she ran out the front door.
Outside the air was calm and quiet. Though it was still cold, Elaine felt warm enough that she didn't notice that she left her coat and gloves inside Sam's house. The only clue of the chill was that she could see her breath.
Elaine noticed the parked police car on the driveway and walked towards it. The driver flashed the brights repeatedly, making it more obvious that the car was right there.
"I know, I'm coming," Elaine muttered. "So impatient."
She opened the door and flopped herself in the leather chair. She turned her head towards Amy, her black haired blue eyed friend, and exhaled her exhaustion.
Amy scanned her friend and stopped when she noticed the high heeled shoes on Elaine's feet. She knew she was at it again.
"So, what did you find out this time?" she asked with a smirk.
"That the only thing men really care about is sex."
Sign up to rate and review this story