Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

The space between dream and reality (kiss #6)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses Challenge

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Other - Published: 2005-12-01 - Updated: 2005-12-01 - 309 words

0Unrated
The space between dream and reality (kiss #6) The space between dream and reality (kiss #6)

By kira


Author's note: More LJ kisses loosely based on my fic "Moonlight" featuring Inutaisho and Izayoi.


Izayoi rolled over in her sleep, her hand moving gently across the surface of her futon as it searched for the person she thought was there, but was not. She opened her eyes and stared bleary-eyed into the darkness before closing them and settling back down into her dream.

In the space between her dream and reality, he had merely got up to relieve himself and would be back at any moment. In that dark wonderful space where sorrow and happiness lived side by side, he would be back and he would slip in behind her under the heavy quilt. In that same space he was already back and he had thrown an arm lovingly around her as he spooned in behind her. As she drifted in that space, Izayoi felt the warmth of his breath as it tickled her ear, felt the shift of the quilt as he moved closer to kiss her cheek before settling back. Izayoi sighed, feeling the warmth of his body behind her, hearing his voice whisper sweet words of love and her dream shifted to a happy scene of her beloved playing with their son.

Izayoi rolled over on her futon, surfacing from her dream, fully expecting to see him when she opened her eyes. But somehow she remained caught in the space between her dream and reality as her grief stricken mind refused to let her see the reality of the situation. For in that space between dreams and reality, he lived again and he would be coming home from his fight with Ryukotsusei, strong and whole again. In the space between dreams and reality, Inutaisho was still alive and well...
Sign up to rate and review this story