Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Love Once Forgotten

Hello, Life.

by GeeDeexx 3 reviews

Daniella is tossed between two worlds. In one, she's just another 6th grader, frantically in love with MCR. In the other, she's engaged to Gerard. But which one is real? Are they both? And what's t...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Published: 2007-07-02 - Updated: 2007-07-03 - 1928 words

1Original
What if we were all mentally insane?

OK, maybe not all of us. Yet, is it an interesting concept? Or are there psychology majors out there who can prove me wrong?
How do we know that every memory, every person, every place isn't just imaginary, made up in the folds of our mind? Or worse, put in the folds of our mind? If so, what is pain? Do we really feel it? Or is pain just fake, and we're just imagining it? After all, pain is just a feeling. When we get warm, do we cry and kick and scream? No. When we feel pain, do we cry out, flinch, cry, or even knock ourselves out? Yes, we do, don't we? Pain is just another feeling. Why should that make it something we hate?
Please, don't get paranoid over it. I'll just ask someone I know who's a psychology professor and get it straight. Unless, you know, she's not real.
Or, rather, if she was placed into my mind by some screwy freak who dominated the world somehow and turned us all into... Nothing? People, barely alive yet barely dead, on the edge of consciousness with blurry images taken from what real life used to be. This is getting a bit too sci-fi for me, but...
Who knows?
Maybe we're all alive.
Maybe we're all almost dead.

Or worse.



- - - - - -


Yeah, I KNOW this situation could never happen. (Or maybe it can?)
Humor me. New story. NEED feedback...

- - - - -


"Good-bye, Mom." Hearing a muffled 'bye,' I slid out the door and walked to the bus stop only across the street from my house. Kicking at the rocks with my converse shoes, I let out a sigh. God, I wanted him back. I wanted my old boyfriend so bad... I didn't know. I'd do something drastic... Almost anything for him. Maybe, just maybe, I could give up my mom for a boy that cared about me.

He would kill to have his girl back. She was just lying there- maybe hearing every word they speak, maybe asleep in her own little world...


"Get on the bus already, girl!" My head snapped up to an old, angry, male bus driver.
"Yes sir." I said quietly, stepping onto the bus to see unfamiliar faces. Like usual. Do you actually know all the people in the school? No. Especially when you're only in sixth grade. They completely disregard your existence.
Sitting down maybe five rows from the front in what seemed like the only open seat, I turned on my Cd player- ah, my favorite band to soothe me- My Chemical Romance.

"Are they going to do it?" Gerard asked, standing with her cold hand in his. Mikey looked down at the sharply sculpted face, a stony expression as his only response.
"Look, Gerard, they said there's no hope that she'll ever wake up again. It's up to you." A tear slid from his cheek and fell on who he had known as his girl's hand. Leaning over her and brushing her dark brown hair from her face, the man planted a kiss on her cheek. Tears squeezing from his eyes the man straightened.
"They can do it."


I wished I could be out of that place. Two boys were talking in the seat behind I about doing something, one of them was crying. Sliding the headphones from I ears and looked behind me, eyes widening at the scene.
"What the hell..." Were the only words that escaped my mouth.
Gently I reached my hand out towards the scene, of me, lying in a hospital bed, older, and with two men near me. Hesitantly I moved my hand closer to my face- then, with a small tinge, I brushed my face.
Letting out a screech, I fell into the body.

- - - -
"Fuck!" Okay, so much for dramatic. Fuck always seemed humorous for some reason, no matter how serious the situation.
"D-" Gerard cut himself off, hopping over the bed in a very James Bond-ish style and placed a strong hand behind my head. "Daniella?" My golden eyes twisted into confusion. No shit, I was staring into the lead singer of MCR.
No shit. No shit. Holy fuck.
"Holy shit." I breathed, and Gee seemed overwhelmed. Mikey was right there behind him, mouth open as this sparkling in his eyes that matched Gerard's ignited.
"Dee, you're awake!" I wanted to say, 'yeah, no shit.' But I kept my mouth shut. "You have to remember me. Please say you remember me." I somehow was sitting up then, against the wall with Gerard kneeling next to me.
"No fuck I know who you are. Gerard Arthur Way, lead singer of My Chemical Romance, just released their third album in October." He paused for a moment.
"The latest Cd we made was Revenge, just last month." Memories of the Cd flooded through my head, but they were all blurry and the only thing I could make out was guitar riffs and choruses. I squeezed my eyes shut. This must've been a dream, right? The whole morning was a dream. Besides, my bus driver wasn't that much of a screwy fuck.
"You said I'm Daniella?" He gave a nod. Okay, Daniella. Also known as: my best friend's name. Hell, if this is a dream, I'm gonna fucking enjoy it. "How do you know me?" He placed a gentle hand on mine and twisted something around my finger.
"We're engaged."

- - - -
If you're a doctor, have been, want to be, or have watched a few too many episodes of House, then you might have an idea of what it feels like to have patients come out alive. As he casually walked into the room, flicking his short brown hair to the side more, the last thing he expected was to have her lying on the floor. The tears he had expected would have been of sorrow, not of joy.
God he loved this job.
Clipboard fell from hand. Attempting to regain himself, the patient's fiancé's brother just gave him a bright smile, shedding a tear.
"I don't know what the fuck you did, or if it was even you who made it happen, but... Thanks." After a slight pause, he nodded in a 'you're welcome.' This warm feeling bundled up inside him and he took a step towards the two.
"Do you feel okay? Can you walk? And... do you remember anything?" The doctor didn't mean to bombard her with questions, but dear God, he was interested.

DANIELLA'S P.O.V.

"I feel better than ever." And skinnier. +10 "I think I can walk." I could run a mile. +10 "And I don't remember shit." If you could put that little buzzer thing you have on those game shows when the person gets an answer wrong in here, you would hear it. -40. Oh well, it's just a dream, of course I wouldn't remember a dream I hadn't had.
God I love this dream.
The doctor nodded in understanding, then picked up his clipboard.
"Okay..."

Surprise Number One: I was outta there in less than a couple hours.
Surprise Number Two: Guess who was waiting outside the door?

"Dee?" One of them muttered, and Ray stood with this excitement flooding in his eyes. They all followed, Frankie being the first one to embrace me tightly. I hugged him back, and for a moment I remembered that smell of cigarettes, cologne, and any other Frank-ish smell. Like I had been close to him before. Which, of course, if he gave hugs like this one to everyone then a lot of people would be close to him. Bear hugger- keep that as mental note. Wait, I didn't need to. This was a dream!
"I know you can't remember me, but you'll remember soon enough." He said, smiling brightly and moving out of the way to let Bob pounce on me.
"I missed you, and your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Hopefully you can remember how to make 'em." I smiled brightly. Gosh, I wish this could be my real life, and not just a dream. It would be perfect: me, on tour, with the best band in the world, and the lead singer just happens to be my fiancé.
Any takers?
"Hey, I'm next in line. Stop hogging." Ray said, uncrossing his arms and smiling brightly at me, then squeezing me. Another bear hugger. Jesus, they were all bears. Next time I'm on dinner duty: hunny is a condiment. No, no, no, I won't make dinner. Soon enough (to rain on my wimpy little parade) I'll wake up to an annoying little alarm clock and I'll be on my cold carpet. Beds are overrated, and I can't stay on one anyway.

"So are you up for going with us on tour?" Frankie asked, and Gee nodded.
"It's not against, rules, since we're engaged and all." That memory came through me suddenly. Of course, we were engaged. That explains the flipping ring on my finger that's from Gerard Way that I just happened to forget about. Smart. Reeeaaalll smart.
"Hell yeah! Have I been on tour before?" Gerard shook his head. His eyes, for a moment, went dull, yet then returned to his normal sparkly state.
"No. Last time you didn't want to." Why would I not want to? Even in my dreams I would bow down to these people. Seriously. I've had it happen before.
"Oh." I said, pushing my brunette hair out of my eyes.
"'Least you want to now." Gee said, and before I knew it he placed a gentle hand on mine. Smiling slightly, I leaned back into the car seat. God. I love this.
Yet, before I knew it, I felt myself drifting off to sleep. Where I would wake up, on the floor (if I'm lucky on the bed), to an annoying little alarm. Frowning slightly, the car soothed be as it rolled along, and I eventually drifted to sleep.

"Stay out of the light, and the photographs that I gave you," Okay, so much for annoying little alarm clock beepy thing. My Chemical Romance was much better. So, somehow I managed to get my Cd to play instead of the alarm? Cool. Must'a smashed it hard enough yesterday morning that it did that. Yawning, I stretched out my arms, then sitting up on the offwhite carpet. Remembering my dream vividly, I stood in my little red pajama boxers and groggily glanced in the mirror. Jeez. I really didn't like my appearance. I know, low self-esteem, shunnnn, whatever. But, really now...
Fully dressed, I yawned and breathed out my strawberry-yogurt-smelling breath. Sighing, I called a 'good-bye' into the house, and was out the door.

The day was over quickly. I know, surprise surprise. Anyway, as I stumbled through the front door, I was awkwardly tired. Exhausted, like somebody punched my lights out and I was suddenly yawning. Falling into my room, I plopped on my bed and breathed out a sigh. Sleepy time.
G'night, MCR poster.
G'night, Green Day poster.
G'night, Fall Out Boy poster.
G'night, Panic! At The Disco poster.
G'night, wolfie poster.
G'night other band posters not worth specifying.
G'night, fluffy panda named Mikey.
G'night, my imaginary fiancé Gee.

And another holy shit, as I fingered where the ring had been in my dream.
I was still wearing it.


- - - - - -- - -
Cliffhanger?? On the first chapter? Mmkay. This is just one of the trillions of stories I've made. I just thought this is kind of original, soo... I posted it. R&R? Please?? This is only like my fifth story. C'mon.
Sign up to rate and review this story