Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Season 8, Episode 1 : A New Beginning

Chapter 2 - What's Going On?

by sailorchick321 0 reviews

Ever wander what happened to the gang after they destroyed the Hellmouth in Sunnydale? Well now you can find out. Disregards all Angels after Buffy ended. co-written with becca582.

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Angel, Buffy, Dawn, Faith, Giles, Kennedy, Robin Wood, Wesley, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-07-06 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 1911 words

0Unrated

Chapter 2 - What's Going On?

Giles and the rest of the group were in the waiting room at the hospital. Robin was in surgery, Rona had a slight concussion, and the other slayers were getting treatment for the cuts and scraps they received.

"We should find some accommodations for the night." Giles removed his glasses and cleaned them with a kerchief. "These girls, well, all of us have, have had a rough day and we can't stay here."

"Giles is right," Xander chimed in. "I saw a Days Inn a road or two over, its close so we can get here fast if we need to."

"Buffy will come back here to look for us," Giles replaced his glasses. "One of us should stay here to..."

"I'll stay," Faith spoke up. "I want to stay, at least till Robin gets out of surgery."

**

Giles and Willow took Andrew and the girls to the Days Inn. Xander and Dawn took the bus to Wal-mart for some extra clothing and toiletries for everyone then headed to the Days Inn. The slayers were in their rooms sleeping while Giles, Willow, Andrew, Xander and Dawn gathered in Giles' room to discuss what they would do next.

"I still can't believe that it is over," said Dawn. "Who else is left to fight?"

"Oh, there will always be some evil coming after us," Giles said. "And now that the potentials have been awakened they are in danger."

"We have to find a way to locate them. I could feel them, but that wore off with the rest of the spell," said Willow.

"We will," replied Giles, "If the council was still in existence they would be able to help. They kept files on every possible potential slayer. Those were destroyed in the explodion."

"Well we'll just have to create new files," said Dawn laughingly. "It will be like we're the new council." She then realized what she had said. Her eyes locked with Giles'.

"Dawn that is an excellent idea," said Giles.

"Could we really do that?" she asked.

"It's going to take a lot of work." Giles took off his glasses to clean as he warmed to the topic. "Records on the new slayers and their watchers, new watchers, someone to train all the new watchers, records on all the demons they may face and..." Dawn held her hand up to stop him.

"Let's not worry about it tonight. Let's get some sleep and talk about it in the morning."

**

Meanwhile, at the hospital Robin was out of surgery and resting peacefully. Faith was sitting by his side. The doctor said that his surgery went very well and that he should make a full recovery. She was a little skeptical. Faith had been taking care of and looking out for just herself for so long, it felt nice to try to look out for someone else. She reached over and held Robin's hand. She new he was sleeping and would not remember a word she was going to say, but she just wanted to speak to him.

"Did I ever tell you that I hate hospitals? I spent a lot of time in one. Granted I was in a coma, but it was still icky. You see way back when what first made me turn bad was when Buffy and I were patrolling together and this guy jumped out at us. I didn't realize that he was human. I staked him through the heart. Everything went down hill form there. I tried to pin it on Buffy, but none of her friends believed it. I tried to leave town, but Buffy came after me. She kept trying to help me." Faith paused and bowed her head, she would never understand why Buffy wanted to help her. Who was she that someone like Buffy cared about her? She would never tell her, but Buffy was probably the only person that had ever cared that much about her.

"I stayed, but I was working the bad side and spying on Buffy and the Scooby's. I even tried to steal her boyfriend. When none of that worked I poisoned him. Buffy came after me. The antidote to the poison was the blood of the slayer. She and I fought and I ended up with a knife in my gut. The next thing I know I'm waking up in hospital and its months later. The guy Buffy tried to kill me for isn't in the picture anymore and everyone has moved on with their lives. I tried to take over Buffy's life then. I had this magic thing that switched our bodies. I was messed up man. I finally realized what I needed to do. I turned myself in, and I've been in jail ever since. I busted out 'cause I was needed for this fight. For all I know I'll be spending the rest of my life running."

Faith just stared at Robin he had not moved since before she started to speak. She sighed and ran her hand through her hair. "Why the hell did I just tell you all that? It's not like you need to know any of it. I don't need you, I don't need anybody." Faith leaned back in the chair and got comfortable, 'that's right' she thought 'I don't need anybody, I've never had a serious relationship and I don't want one. I use 'em and loose 'em.'

"Who the hell am I trying to convince? You can't hear me, and I don't believe it." She leaned forward again and grabbed on to Robin's hand. "Please wake up."

**

"Buffy!" Angel was surprised to see her standing at his door. "Come in." Angel moved to the side, Buffy walked into the apartment and Angel closed the door. "Would you like something to drink? I have water, or I can make some coffee." He stared to walk toward the kitchen.

"I'm fine." Buffy just stared at him, wanting so bad to just jump him. It killed her to know she couldn't. Her heart started to pound in her chest as she stared at his bare chest.

They stood in the hallway for a moment just staring at each other. Angel was the first to break the silence, "So, you won? I really didn't expect the fight to be over this soon, I mean I was there just this weekend." His eyes traveled down the length of her and landed on the blood stain. "You're hurt." He stepped close to her and touched her arm with his hand.

Buffy looked down where she had been stabbed. "It's not that bad." She wrapped her arms around her middle and looked back up at Angel. His touching her was too tempting. "We um, we took the fight to them so to speak. Voodoo, dozens of slayers, Spike's dead, Sunnydale's a crater, and can I explain all this later?"

"Yeah, of course Buffy, here come in, sit down" he said moving to the side so she could precede him to the living room.

She sat on the proffered couch and looked at him. He sat across from her on a leather chair. Buffy couldn't take it any more she got up and started pacing behind the couch she had been sitting on. "Ok, ok, just don't speak till I get this out ok? I'm, I'm done." She started gesturing wildly with her hands. "This whole battle, and now there are more of them and I don't have to be the last line of defense anymore, and I miss you and I know I can't just come in here and make everything like it was, but, I know I want you in my life." she stopped walking and just looked at him. "I needed you to know. And... and now I'm rambling and... what? What are you smiling at?"

Angel had remained silent and just watched Buffy ramble, though he had not really heard past her saying she was done. And what he had heard he hadn't really understood. He just kept thinking about that dream. The blood had worked once, made him human again, it could work again. He continued to smile and just stared across at Buffy. Finally, he got up and walked toward her stopping mere inches in front of her. With swift movements he scooped her up, walked back around to the couch and sat down with her in his lap. Buffy was a little surprised, but loved every second of it. "I love you, Buffy." He said before leaning in to place a simple kiss on her lips.

Buffy couldn't stop smiling. "I never stopped loving you." She leaned in and kissed him. With each passing second the kiss intensified. She shifted so that she was straddling his waist. His arms tightened around her as she ground her hips against his. A moan sounded at the back of his throat as he felt his black silk pajama pants tighten slightly. Her tongue pushed against his lips begging for entry. He gladly parted his lips.

"We... can't... do... this." Buffy said in between kisses. "We... tried... too many... people... hurt." She couldn't believe she was even suggesting that they should stop.

"You're... right." Angel slowly pulled away. "We have to stop now or we might not stop at all."

Buffy nodded, breathing heavily, knowing he was right. She resituated so she was merely sitting in is lap instead of straddling him. She rested her head on his shoulder, cuddled into him and sighed. He looked down at her and knew he had to tell her about the dream, about the day he had erased.

"Buffy, do you remember about three years ago the Thanksgiving I can down to save you, but didn't see you? Then you came here and were mad?"

Buffy shimmied out of his lap and sat on the coffee table in front of him. She stared wide-eyed at him. "Yeah, I was thinking about that day earlier."

"Well there was more to that day than what you remember." He looked down trying to figure out how to begin.

"Don't tell me, you fought the demon and the blood turned you human." Angel stared at her shocked.

"How do you remember that?"

"Explainy."

"The Oracles said that I was the only one that would remember."

"Remember? Angel I dreamed that on the way here! The Mohra demon! You were human, and we were together. But you killed the demon two seconds after he crashed your office?" Angel still had the shocked look on his face. "That dream was real?" Angel nodded, and then she hit him square in the chest. "How dare you stop being human for me! I like you human!"

Angel gaped at her, and then smirked. "We have some of the blood at Wolfram & Hart. Fred was running tests to see if it could cure incurable illnesses."

Buffy's eyes widen again, she jumped up. "Well what are we waiting for?"

Angel laughed as she pulled him towards the door. He pulled back and she stumbled into his arms. He leaned down and kissed her on the nose. "I have to put on some clothes first, hold on." He headed into his room and threw a pair of black pants, shirt, and shoes. Then returned to the living room picked her up and threw her over his shoulder and headed out the door; Buffy screaming to be put down the whole way.
Sign up to rate and review this story