Categories > Original > Drama > New Leaves of a Dead Tree

Difference of Opinion

by glo316 0 reviews

Marly's job, her boyfriend - his mate

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2005-12-02 - Updated: 2005-12-02 - 736 words

0Unrated
Difference of Opinion

Work started at six. Marly worked at a bar that was permanently filled with lively bodies. Stepping in the door, she was greeted by Norah,
"So, you're finally here to grace us with your presence." She said with sarcasm.
'Huh?' Marly thought.
"Where the hell have you been? I thought I was gonna have to call someone in!" Norah said, now shouting.
"What do you mean?" Marly replied somewhat quietly.
"What?!"
Marly then walked away, placed her jacket and hooded jumper on a hanger in the back and revealed an almost inadequate outfit that exposed much flesh of her upper body.

For two hours, she was behind the bar. She did the customary habit of serving drinks. There came a point when, 'the light' came on. The bar had the theme of a fire station, so when 'the light' (a red light flashed), which meant that all the girls had to jump onto the nearest table and shake their booty. Girls on the bar top, had to do the 'in-sequence dance', while all others could wing it. Marly climbed onto the bar top and did 'the dance'. And once the song finished, out of nowhere (like all nights) a hose appeared out of thin air and soaked every girl in the room.
Hours later, Marly was presently waiting tables occupied by drunken men, whom in their state, think girls in the club would like their behinds to be touched. Unluckily, Alec marched in. He took a seat in a corner of the bar with a man by his side, as he dodged the bodies that filled the place, he assessed girls he passed and mumbled to his companion. Marly noticed his presence and actions, and was not pleased. She made an attempt to conceal herself away, but accidentally made herself known with eye contact, which gave Alec the opportunity for him to motion her over. She sighed and pidgin-stepped toward the corner.
"How are ya babes?" Alec asked, grasping the front of her top and drawing her close. She could tell from his breath. He was drunk. He shoved her into the booth, so she was sandwiched between him and his companion. "Ya remember ma mate Lenny, don't ya?"
Marly nodded vigorously.
"Lenny, why don't ya ask for a lap dance? Go on Marly, give us a show!"
"I'd like that!" Lenny said, performing a cheeky grin aimed at Marly.
A look of repulsion conquered her face.

*
Her searching eyes revealed four brick walls. She hung her head, there were wooden planks and turning around, she was confronted by a red door. She bashed her fist into the door, numerous times which caused her pain, but her desire to get out aided her hurt. Retiring, she sighed and leaned her head against the door. There, she stayed for a moment. Suddenly, she felt a breeze brush past her. Twirling around, a window eased her mind. She jogged over to it, gazed out. She found her gaze descending to a playground. A barbwire fence divided the playground and out of nowhere two little girls stood, each on one side.
Marly wrinkled her brow in confusion.

The girls gave the impression of ten year olds. One wore their hair in pigtails, the other had ends that looked like they were cut with a blunt pair of scissors. Both had black hair and wore the same clothes, a white t-shirt and a pair of light blue jeans. Switching her view from one to the other, Marly thought that they looked oddly familiar. They didn't seem to detect each other, but held their gaze upon Marly.

The moment aged as they all stood watching. Interfering her thought-track, another chilled breeze blew by. This time, Marly twirled around to find the door wide open, leading to a corridor. In her head, she weighed out her options. Bias by her curiosity, she took one last glance at the girls and then ran out the door. The hallway was dark and unknowing. She had assumed there would be light. She now treaded on eggshells through the dark, her hands wondered the walls as her guideline, but the hall lasted indefinitely.

At first, her pace was hasty, but after so many minutes it turned sluggish. Her baggage was not only her own weight, but her sweat-filled clothes also contributed. She continued to stagger down the hallway, wishing for a way out.
*
Sign up to rate and review this story