Categories > Anime/Manga > Saiyuki > Rock With You

Rock With You

by Reversed91 0 reviews

It only took her two weeks to turn your whole relationship inside out. [ Sanzo x Reader ]

Category: Saiyuki - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Cho Hakkai, Genjyo Sanzo, Sha Gojyo, Son Goku - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-07-07 - Updated: 2007-07-08 - 850 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: As if I could own four guys just like that. Tch'!

Rock With You
Chapter One: Can't Keep a Good Girl Down

You weren't quite sure why shockwaves of adrenaline shoved through your veins, or why you found yourself clutching the elevator railing so harshly, your fingers were beginning to pale. Perhaps it had something to do with the loud, chair-breaking music buzzing through your earphones.

The tune was so catchy! It was no wonder why you couldn't help the tapping of your foot, or the insistent bobbing of your head. You began mouthing the words as you made yourself a bit more comfortable, your legs crossed before you and body pressed over the rail until you nearly sat on the thing.

Through the corner of your eye, you caught a glimpse of the older man opposite you glaring, as if you were more unbearable than the elevator music. Your jaw twitched spasmodically, for you were close to saying something rude, but suddenly caught your tongue, instead settling for a cocked brow in that crazed, 'What're you lookin' at?' scowl you had unknowingly picked up. He knew exactly what it meant, for when the elevator stopped, followed by the hesitant opening of the doors, this man darted from the compact space, throwing you an upturned sneer before the doors closed again.

Tightwad.

After a few moments or heart-racing guitar solos, a button numbered one on the elevator's keypad lit up, and the floor jerked beneath your feet. You cringed as the doors slid open, a sudden cool rush of air blanketed your skin and burned your eyes to the point that you began to tear. You disconnected the shells from your ears, shoving them into your suede, cream-colored purse, before clicking and clocking soundly out of the room and onto the glittering tile of the first floor.

The floor was swarming with wealthy foreigners, couples debating over the price of this necklace or that charm bracelet. You caught yourself wondering why so many American women had congested the store, and more-so why you were getting so much time off at this time of the year.

Not that you were complaining. You needed a break ever once in a while, despite the mask you wore yearly that fooled people into thinking that you enjoyed working so much. But your boss knew otherwise. She had worked you to the bone for two years now, and finally knew that it was time to give you a nice, long break.

You turned a sharp corner, your shoulder contacting the wall as you sashayed out into the lobby toward the glass doors. You had barely gotten in five good steps near the exit before a soft voice oozing with excitement slowed your progress.

"Miki!"

You glanced to your left, brunette locks slapping your face at the sudden movement, blue irises scanning the room for the source of the sound.

As if on cue, a raven-haired woman came into sight, tugging onto a blonde's arm, waving at you frantically behind the front desk. You felt a smile creep onto your face as you returned the gesture with as much enthusiasm as ever, and you mouthed, "I'll call you."

After receiving a thumb up from your eager friend, you continued your journey beyond the doors and out into the restless town. It was awfully bright, so you thought, partially due to the fact that this day was like no other. The streets were of course overrun by eager businessmen, as well as a few schoolgirls here and there. What they were doing out so early, especially in uniform, puzzled you greatly.

You shook off the thought and stepped toward the edge of the sidewalk, sifting through the hordes of vehicles in hopes of catching the sight of yellow. Your eyes suddenly spotted a taxi swerving in the distance, and a sigh relief escaped your lips. Several seconds, as well as people, moved around you before you raised your arm in perfect timing, hailing the cab.

You threw open the door, shrugging out of your suede, vanilla coat, then tossed it and your purse into the vehicle. "Twelve-thirteen Shinjuku Lane, please," you stated your destination while plopping onto the back seat. You tried your best to sound as though you knew as much English as possible, though your words were intertwined with a strong, eastern accent. The driver nodded in confirmation, and pressed his foot down hard onto the gas.

'What the hell?' you hissed internally, lunging forward until your forehead banged against the glass window. What was this man, an escaped convict? Was he trying to kill you? Your hand rose to console your head, while the free one gripped the cushions. Boy, were you in for a hell of a ride home.

``` [ /Later that afternoon/ ] ```

How lovely you thought it was to once again be on solid ground, and not fearing for your life and wondering if you were going to crash into every car in sight. You couldn't stop yourself from trembling as you slipped into your home, still traumatized by that taxi incident.
Sign up to rate and review this story