Categories > Original > Romance

I'll never be the same and you're to blame

by Ariel 1 review

A boarding school for demons, vampires, werewolves. Six friends that have known each other since they were 13. What happens when a human shows up?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-09 - Updated: 2007-07-09 - 1716 words

0Unrated
Ai awoke to the sound of yelling. Not that this surprised her, someone was always yelling in the house. She got up and put on her favorite blood red tank top and jean skirt before brushing through her long jet black hair. Her hair reached her mid back, but when she had it up it reached her shoulders. Once it reached her waist, she got it cut again. Her stormy grey eyes looked a tad bloodshot, but that was only because she hadn't been able to sleep very well the night before. It was about a week before school would be starting and she wasn't exactly thrilled.

It had been 4 months short of a year since her parents had died and sent her to live here. It isn't easy for a demon to die, so she wasn't expecting her parents to leave her so soon. But there had been a battle and they had been caught off guard. They fought a good fight before they died though, and for that she was proud of them.

Ai opened the door to see a wolf shoot past her. She sighed. The wolf was black and it had electric blue eyes. It was currently running towards a 17-year old boy with brown, longish hair and emerald green eyes, who just stood there. He wore a deep blue t-shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans. He was tall, about 5'10 compared to Ai's mere 5'5". He was lean too. But then again, most vampires are. Ai sent a fire ball at the wall behind the boy and the wolf stopped short to turn look at her. She glared at it. "Botan, Daiki, is there any possible way you two could, I dunno, maybe NOT kill each other?" She asked.

The wolf suddenly transformed into a boy with jet black hair that was a bit shorter than the brunettes. He also had the same electric blue eyes that the wolf had. He wore a forest green wife beater style tank top and black sweats. He was shorter than the brunette, about 5'8", but he wasn't as lean. He had a bit more muscle. "Sorry Princess, is the fighting too much for you?" He asked, pouting at the girl.

Ai glared at him. "No Botan, I'd just like the house to stay in one piece before we have to leave for school."

The brown haired boy looked at Botan. "Besides, she's already seen two deaths this year, do you really think she wants to see another one?"

Botan turned and glared at Daiki. "I think she can fend for herself. You don't have to act like such a fucking hero." And with that he turned and went downstairs to find himself some breakfast.

A girl walked out of the bedroom next to Ai's. Her long blond hair was half out of its braid and her sea foam green eyes looked sleepy. She was still in her pink pajama bottoms and white t-shirt. "What's going on? Did Botan die?" The girl was 5'4", and very petite.

Ai smiled. "No, Emiko. He was just about to attack Daiki like usual."

"Oh." Emiko replied. "Ok then. Man I'm hungry... Ai should make me some breakfast!" She declared with a sweet smile.

Ai rolled her eyes. "What do you want?"

"Scrambled eggs and pancakes!!!" Emiko said running down the stairs to the living room to sit in front of the T.V. and wait.

Ai watched her go shaking her head slightly. "She's only a little crazy..." She said with a smile.

Daiki smiled. "Yeah, but she wouldn't be her if she wasn't. While you're making her breakfast..." He started.

Ai looked over at him. "Forget it. Make your own damn breakfast." She smiled and headed downstairs.

Daiki pouted. "Oh well. It was worth a try."

Ai's parents had both been fire demons, able to create and manipulate fire as long as the air wasn't too moist. Botan's a shape shifter, and his favorite form to take was a black wolf. Daiki's a vampire, and Emiko's an angel. The four of them were 17 and would be attending their fifth year at their school. And the school that they would be at in a week was a boarding school with other demons, vampires, angels, and werewolves.

Botan and Emiko had been living together since they started attending the school that the four of them attended. Emiko hadn't seen her parents since she was 13. Botan had been abandoned by his parents when he was five and had lived with a relative until he was 13. Daiki had been keeping track of his parents ever since he was turned. He had been attacked by a vampire when he was 10 and everyone he knew thought he was dead. He began living with the headmaster of the school until he was 13 and allowed to live with Botan and Emiko. He used to visit his old house when all of his family was asleep. He would check on his parents and his sister who is 3 years younger than him. But as of last year, his family moved and he hadn't been able to track them down. He wondered about them sometimes, mostly about his little sister. The two of them had been close and when he 'died' she started becoming more and more to herself and wouldn't socialize with her friends as much. In a way, the four of them were perfect roommates.

Ai thought about school as she made Emiko's scrambled eggs. Everyone would be asking how her summer had been, the first summer without her parents, the first summer living with Botan, Daiki, and Emiko. She sighed. Botan looked up at her from where he was eating his cereal. "What are you sighing about?"

Ai's eyes never left the frying pan. "School. It's the first time I've spent a summer without my parents. The first summer I've spent here."

Botan rolled his eyes. "People will ask, you'll answer, it's not the end of the world. Besides, was living with me that horrible?" He grinned.

At this, Ai turned to look at him. "Do you really want me to answer that?"

He leaned back in his chair. "Yeah, I really do."

Ai studied him before turning back to the eggs. As she put them from the frying pan to a plate already halfway filled with pancakes she said, "Well you're pretty much a dick."

Botan frowned. He had known it was coming, but it still hurt coming from her.

"But I've seen you be incredibly sweet too." She glanced at him over her shoulder.

He glared at her. "Like when?"

"Like when Emiko was all upset because her ice cream fell when we were at the beach and you gave her yours. Or the time when I first came here." Ai said smiling.

Botan looked at her. He wasn't glaring, he wasn't smiling, he was just looking. Finally he spoke. "You tell anyone about that and I'll kill you."

Ai grinned. "Which one of those times are you referring too?"

"Both of them! Just keep your damn mouth shut!" Botan yelled.

Ai frowned. "My, my, such language. And you'd think I'd be the hot head."

Botan glared at her and went back to eating his cereal. As Ai was about to leave to bring Emiko her food she heard, "You won't tell anyone will you?" quietly from Botan.

Ai looked at him. He hardly ever used a quiet voice, and she knew he had a reputation at school for being an ass. "Yeah, I won't tell anyone." She heard a "thanks" as she took Emiko's food to her.

Emiko had changed into a baby blue tank top and a pair of shorts. She smiled. "Ai, you are the greatest! I'm hopeless in the kitchen."

Daiki was sitting on the couch across from Emiko. "Yeah, we know what happened the last time you tried cooking something."

Ai laughed. "Your face was so funny Emiko!!!"

Emiko stuck her tongue out at Ai. "Haha you think you're so funny. But thanks again for making me food!" She smiled.

"No problem." She glanced at the T.V. "What are you watching?" She asked.

Emiko grinned. "Gilmore Girls."

Ai's face lit up. "I love this show! I want to kill whoever decided to end it..."

Daiki looked over at Ai as she sat on the couch next to him. "Is Botan in the kitchen still?"

Ai nodded. "At least that's where I left him."

Daiki got up and began heading to the kitchen.

"DON'T KILL EACH OTHER!!!" Ai screamed at his retreating back.

Daiki walked into the kitchen and leaned up against a wall. "Why don't you just tell her you like her?" He asked.

Botan glared at him. "What the hell gave you the idea that I like her?"

Daiki rolled his eyes. "You've liked her since we were 14. It's not exactly a new development."

"Even if I DID like her, it's none of your business. Besides, you hate me, so why do you care?" Botan went back to eating his cereal.

"Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate you." Daiki responded. "I just find it amusing to pick fights with you. Just remember, we've only got three years left of school."

"Three years is plenty of time to tell her I like her." Botan spoke the words before he realized what he said. His eyes widened. He looked up at Daiki. "You tell her I said that and you die!"

Daiki grinned. "Please, you couldn't kill me if you tried. But don't worry about it. I'm not planning on telling her. We're not five."

Botan looked at Daiki for a long time before going back to his cereal. "Yeah, well, thanks I guess."

Daiki smiled before he left the room. "No problem."

Meanwhile, in the living room, Ai was spacing out as usual. She was thinking back to when her parents had first died. She had been a wreck, crying whenever no one was around, wouldn't talk to people unless she absolutely had to. Daiki was usually a calm, mellow person and Emiko was always happy, hyper. Neither of them knew how to deal with her when she started living with them. She had been sitting on the balcony outside her room crying when Botan had come in.
Sign up to rate and review this story