Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A Wonderful Caricature Of Intimacy

A Wonderful Caricature Of Intimacy

by thexxrevolutionx 2 reviews

Kayla thinks that it's just going to be another day on the job after going to see a new band perform in their garage. Little does she know that it will change her life.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-09 - Updated: 2007-07-10 - 1545 words

1Original
Disclaimer: I do not own Panic at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Pete Wentz, Brendon Urie, Ryan Ross, Fueled By Ramen, Decay Dance, or anyother real people.

Author's Note: This is my first attempt at fan fiction that i'm posting on the internet, so please r&r. Enjoy!

***

The lights flashed and the music got faster as she pressed her body closer to the guy she was dancing with. It was a re-mix of Fall Out Boy's song "Saturday", one of her favorite bands. The smell of cologne and sweat was intoxicating, and it didn't help that she had downed three martinis. She was underage, but no one cared. Her father was a executive producer for the label Fueled By Ramen, which means she could get whatever she wanted.

This week they were Las Vegas seeking out a new band, Panic! At the Disco. She was with her father and Pete Wentz, one of her best friends. Pete took her out clubbing because things usually got a little dull when all the producers and directors met over signing a new band. Except, she had lost Pete the minute they walked in the door.

"Kayla, over here!" Pete called her from where he was sitting on a bright red sofa with three fans.
"Isn't it weird to hear yourself on the radio?" She asked.

"A little, but I'm used to by now," She laughed and pulled him up by his shirt and led him to the dance floor. Her brown hair was plastered to her back and her white halter top stuck to her body. They made the cutest couple in the club, even though they weren't together.

As the song ended, some sexy guy started grinding with Kayla. She had no clue who it was, but she just went along with it. After two songs, she was ready to take a rest after her two hours of straight dancing, but before she could walk away, the mystery man grabbed her by the waist and whispered in her ear.

"You look amazing. I want to see you again."

Kayla, in a fit of giggles turned around to face him. He had the most amazing eyes and the cutest little smile. "You're drunk, but if you remember me in the morning, here's my number" she grabbed a pen from the bar and wrote her number on his arm. And just like that, she walked away.

He looked down at his arm and realized that she hadn't written her name, and he was pretty sure she didn't know his.

He shouted after her, "Hey, what's your name?"

Kayla was only a couple of feet away and could hear him perfectly well, but she ignored it. Instead she found Pete and walked up the steps to exit the club. Before opening the heavy black door, she turned around to scan the club one last time. And there he was, staring at her, so before she left, Kayla winked and waved a sweet goodbye. Pete took her hand and then walked onto the dark, wet street.

***
The phone rung at eight in the morning with their wake up call. Pete reached over and picked up the receiver and say a muffled 'hello?'.
A cheerful voice on the other side responded with the typical announcment. "Mr. Wentz, this is the front desk with your wake-up call. It's 8 am on Wednesday morning." There was a click and Pete hung up the phone. He shoved Kayla, who was lying asleep on the bed next to him. She grunted and then just rolled over to find a new comfortable position.

"Get up! We have a breakfast meeting, whatever that means, with your father today. Remember? You set it up." After he confirmed that Kayla was awake, he walked into the bathroom and shut the door. He could hear her get up and turn the news on the television. After a few minutes, Pete was done in the bathroom and walked into the bedroom again. There Kayla was in a Victoria Secret push-up bra and matching underwear. That's what he loved about their relationship. They were completely comfortable around each other.

Kayla held a white halter dress with black floral print up to her slender body. "Okay, which looks better?" After a second she held up a fancy black scoop neck shirt with a cream colored skirt.

"I'd say the second outfit. It's more casual, considering that we're having breakfast with your dad." Pete said as he took off his shirt.

"Ew, I smell. I have to take a shower. Be right back." She walked by and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Thanks for taking me out last night. I had a lot of fun."

"No problem" He said through his smile. Then she shut the door and Pete could hear the shower come on in the background. Another thing he loved about their relationship was that he could see the woman he loved half naked and get kisses from her every time he wanted. They told each other everything, but it killed him to hear about her new crushes and who she gave her number out to last night.

***
An hour later they finally made it downstairs and to the breakfast meeting on time. They basically just talked about signing more bands to FBR and Pete's plan for DecayDance. Norman, Kayla's father, even set up a few investors for Decay Dance. After breakfast Pete and Kayla walked around the city streets for a while.

"So, I have to go listen to this band at like three. Do you want to go with me?"

"Um, sure, what the band?" Kayla answered

"They're called Panic! At the Disco. They sent me some stuff and they're pretty good, so I'm meeting them in one of their garages."

She laughed and smiled at the thought of the famous Pete Wentz going to see a garage band perform. It was strange that Pete was so famous now. She remembered when they would go to family parties together and hang out. There was a six year age difference, but back then that didn't matter, and now he was 25 and she was 19 and they were still best friends, and that would never change.

After walking around for hour, they headed back to the hotel to change into more casual clothing. Kayla put on a Beatles tee shirt and jeans and Pete threw on a plain black tee shirt, hoodie, and ripped jeans. At 2:30 they headed out to meet Panic! in the garage.

They parked the car on the street and walked over to the open garage door where they could see four guys in different positions tuning up. At once Kayla recognized the guy holding the guitar.

"That's the guy from the club. I gave him my number." She whispered to Pete. He smiled but it was killing him on the inside how he couldn't come out and tell her he loved her.

She walked over to the guy and introduced herself, smiling the whole time. She honestly never thought she'd see him again.

"So now this number has a name," he said as he lift his arm to show her that her number was still there. "I'm Ryan by the way. And this is Brendon, Brent, and Spencer" he said as he pointed at different members in the room.

"Hi, I'm Pete." Kayla and Pete took turns shaking the members' hands. "So, lets hear some of your stuff."

Panic! At the Disco played a couple songs and Pete and Kayla immediately fell in love. Pete invited them out to dinner to unofficially invite them to the label.

***
"I had a really great time tonight" Kayla said as her and Ryan walked down the street hand-in-hand.

"So did I" Ryan said as he looked over and smiled. He life was going great. His band was about to be signed to a record label and he was with this beautiful girl.

Brendon, Spencer, Brent, and Pete left earlier, all claiming to have 'an early morning' tomorrow. Ryan knew that it was because he wanted to get closer to Kayla, and the guys knew it.

"So, I'd ask you for your number about now, but I already have it. Actually," he rolled up his sleeve, "It's right here."

Kayla giggled and started to blush. "Well, this is our hotel. Why don't you call me tomorrow, maybe we could hook up sometime?"

"Um, sure. When are you leaving town." He frowned as he thought about how bad he would be in a long distance relationship.

"We're not sure yet. But it'll be at least a week before we go."

"Sounds good. I guess I'll talk to you later." He smiled and leaned in closer to her.

"Yeah." She closed her eyes and Ryan pressed his soft lips against hers. They pulled apart and both had smiles plastered across their faces. "I'll talk to you tomorrow," she said as she bit her lip and turned toward the door. She got half way across the lobby before looking back, and there he was.

Kayla smiled, waved, and thought to herself 'It would have been so cool if I didn't look back.'

Ryan laughed to himself and walked to his car on the street.
Sign up to rate and review this story