Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[03.]]

by zildjian1039 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-11 - Updated: 2008-12-28 - 614 words

0Unrated
10-27-08
"Allie,come on.You can't tell me there's no reason for you randomly deciding to dump Scott.He's the quarterback for the football team!Every girl in our school would kill to have him."
I love how supportive my friends are of my decisions. Kidding.
I wasn't in the mood.
"Look Darin.I never really liked him in the first place.He's way too full of himself.You said it yourself.Besides,I haven't dumped him yet.I said I was thinking about it."
Darin sighed. You would have thing I told HER I didn't want to be her best friend anymore.
"That's not the point.You were the prom king and queen. You have to stay together!"
I was getting pissed now.
"I dont have to do anything.We'll talk about this later,lunch is almost over."
I started shoving books in my bag when I felt a hand on my shoulder.
Ugh...Scott I thought.
Wrong.Patrick.
"Allie!I've been looking for you all day. You're a tough person to find you know that?"
"So I've been told."
I was so happy to see him,but I tried not to show it in fear of smiling like an idiot and embarassing myself [which I tend to do often].
Patrick smiled. The only time he usually smiled was when he was taking pictures or when he saw her smile.
I started to think to myself....what would he have to do to have my friends accept him?
Maybe if he got rid of the glasses and...no I like him just the way he is.If only-
"Allie?You ok?"
Patrick waved his hand in front of my face.
"Ha.Yeah I was just thinking about...the test I have 5th hour." I lied so well.
"Ok.I asked you if you want to walk to class with me?"
"Uhmm..sure.Yeah sure".I wasn't sure why I was being so quiet. I know actually.I was afraid to show Darin how I felt about Patrick.Or maybe I was afraid to show Patrick how I felt about him?
"Great.Well I have to run to the library first.I'll meet you there when the bell rings?"
"Sounds good."
Patrick flashed that smile that nearly took my breath away,and turned ,walking toward the cafeteria doors.
I was watching him walk down the hall,and when he disappeared I turned back to Darin.
She was silent.
I smiled. "That's my neighbor..and friend Patrick."
"You're joking,right?",Darin blurted out.
"Joking?About what?"
"You're friends with him?"
I was getting aggravated again. Why can't people be accepting?
"So what if I am?"
Darin stood up and slung her bag over her shoulder.
"Whatever Allie.It's your reputation,not mine.If YOU want to be seen with a nerd,then go ahead."
She walked away abruptly,scowling.

I walked through the doors of the library.I spotted Patrick in the corner easily.His ever-present hat made him easy to find.He had eyes fixed on a copy of The Catcher in the Rye.
"Good book I'm assuming?"
Patrick looked up,and began "Well it seems to be good so far.It's sort of-"
Without thought,I blurted out "You have beautiful eyes." Man, I was sappy and pathetic.
Patrick paused,and his face flushed with red.
"Thank you." His voice automatically told me that he had never been complimented by a girl before.
"Let's go,the bell rang already."
We weaved our way through the over-crowded halls. I held onto his backpack,knowing that if I lost him,I would be losing,possibly,the best thing that had ever happened to me.
Sign up to rate and review this story