Categories > Original > Drama

Smoking or non?

by HD-please 0 reviews

MM....random short story by me!

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2007-07-12 - Updated: 2007-07-12 - 815 words - Complete

0Unrated
A man rambled down a blacked alley way. His black trench coat flapped loudly as the wind rushed past his body; a silver gleam flashed in reflection of the Boston city lights, as the coat blew open. His features were rugged; a strong jaw and a five o'clock shadow. His wardrobe was black. Black jeans hung at his hips and a black tee was hidden beneath the coat. Rebellion shone from his ebony eyes. His dirty-blond bangs hung in down in his face, and his hair tapered to a in the back. Tobias was his name and he knew where he was traveling.
Silently he treaded on, pausing only to pull a cigarette from a solid gold case. Striking a match Tobias inhaled deeply and in a sigh, released a cloud of smoke. The Golden Ace Hotel sat two blocks away; across the lighted street. Rain began to trickled from the blackened sky, yet he continuing on. He stopped underneath a Chinese restaurant's canopy; directly across from the hotel. Relishing one last deep hit he flicked the butt onto the now shining wet street and it sizzled as the cherry went out.
Checking his watch, he smiled at the time. Walking to a door that leads up above the restaurant, he pulled out a silver pick, slid it in the key hole, and twisted it expertly to the left. Opening the door Tobias returned the tool to his pocket and climbed the flight of stairs in front of him, quietly passing all of the apartment doors and continuing on to the roof of the building.
His face was somber as he opened the door to the roof and locked it behind him. Looking up at the blackened sky, he inhaled the smell of the rain, which seemed to wash away the horrid smells of city life. Tobias smiled once again as he checked his watch, and began to climb to the uppermost rim of the roof. Pulling from his pocket a monocular he spied across to the Hotel and counted two stories down from the top and three windows from the left.
In the small view that the monocular provided, he was able to clearly see the layout of the condo; a small bedroom, a huge living room, and most importantly, the front door. Reaching inside his coat and under his shirt, Tobias pulled out a cross on a black leather thong and brought it to his lips. He gave a silent invocation before he slipped the cross back beneath his shirt, and began to set up.
Wiping his hands on his dry pants, Tobias pulled out a shining silver rifle barrel and then a matching slender stock; both had been strapped, nestled to his thigh. He spun the barrel into place; then reached into his knee high leather boot and pulled a small stand. Resting his most prized possession, he pulled a black sight from the left pocket inside his trench coat. Lying down on the drenched roof he slid the sight into place and readied himself for his target.
Tobias waited as the rain poured on him harder. Moisture reflected from the gun barrel as he ran his fingers through his hair, plastering it to his head. After a minute of waiting the condo lights went ablaze. Through his scope he witnessed the target and a women bustle through the door, and fall abruptly to the floor. While his left hand balanced the rifle, his right slid into the pocket of his jeans and pulled from them a single bullet. With a small click he loaded the gun.
Returning his attention to the condo, the couple had now moved to the leather couch and a layer of clothes had been removed. Unfortunately his target was now on the bottom, out of view. Tobias bided his time until the right moment; when the target rolled the woman to the floor and straddled her hips. As the target pealed off his undershirt, Tobias acted; releasing the safety and only a split second later pulling the trigger. The bullet whistled out, shattered the window, and implanted itself deep into the targets head.
Tobias only watched long enough to see the man's body collapse onto the woman's. Standing up, he stretched and began to break down the rifle and strap it once again to his upper thighs. Hurriedly, he ran down the stairs and onto the street. Not stopping, he jaywalked across the street and into the hotel lobby.
A small woman sat behind the desk in a hunter green dress suit. "Miss could I get a room for tonight?" Tobias asked politely.
"A room for tonight? It's already 3:00 in the morning," she quizzed him.
"Yes I know. I just got off a plane. I'm in Boston on a business trip, only for tonight though."
"Alrighty then," she said shaking her head. "Smoking or non?"
"Smoking please."
Sign up to rate and review this story