Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Dark Past

The Dark Past

by DarkDemonNinja 0 reviews

Everybody has a past, now we get to see what Kakashi's past was like. (You should read Kakashi Gaiden before you read this.)

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Characters: Anko, Asuma, Gai, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Kurenai, Obito, Orochimaru, Rin, Tsunade, Yondaime, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-07-12 - Updated: 2007-07-12 - 914 words

0Unrated
The Dark Past
Chapter #1-Night of the Murder

Kakashi Hatake had the perfect life. He was a Chunin at a very young age, he had the perfect team, his parents both helped him with his training from time to time, he had a competitive rival, and his father was The White Fang, one of the most famous ninja in the village. But all of that changed when Kakashi turned 12.

"Aw man, I'm so late!" Kakashi said to himself as he ran home. "I was training so much for the Jonin Exams I lost track of time!"

He was running as fast as he could when he noticed something wrong about his house. It only 7:00 p.m. and all the lights were out.

'It's too early for all the lights to be out. What's going on?!' Kakashi thought as he ran toward the house.

He ran inside the house but nobody was there. All of a sudden there was a BANG! The silver-haired chunin followed the noise that led to his parent's room.

'Somebody's in here. I have to move! I have to move!' Kakashi debated with himself as he gripped the bar of the door.

He finally got the nerve to open the door, but when he went inside he wished that he stayed outside. In the room was his mother on the floor...dead. Kakashi fell to his knees, tears stared to stream down the silver-haired chunin's face, he tried to hold them back but he couldn't. Suddenly, his father stepped out from the darkness.

"Father!" Kakashi yelled. "What happened, what's going on and why-

Kakashi was cut off, as his father launched two shuriken at his son. All Kakashi could do was sit there as the two shuriken cut his left arm.

"Why?" Kakashi whimpered as he grabbed his arm in pain. "Don't tell me you did this."

His father nodded. "And you're next my son." The White Fang disappeared out of nowhere.

Kakashi stood up as fast as he could, "where did he go!" he ran to the center of the room right in front of his mother. He turned around to see his father. His father charged at his son and punched him hard in the stomach.

Kakashi grabbed his stomach in pain as he dropped to the floor. As The White Fang reach for his knife to deliver the final blow, Kakashi darted out of the room, sobbing.

"I'm scared, I'm scared!" He sobbed as he ran out of the house. "Don't kill me! I don't wanna die!"

Kakashi ran into the forest and leaned behind a tree sobbing quietly. Until he heard someone coming toward him. He closed his eyes, hoping that it wasn't his father.

"Kakashi? Is that you?"

The silver-haired chunin opened his eyes, there right in front of him was Anko. Kakashi's eyes widened because secretly he liked Anko since they were in the academy, sort of.

"Yes, it's me," Kakashi finally replied as Anko stared at him like she's never seen him before.

"Are you okay, because you don't really seem like it." She asked examining Kakashi.

"No," he admitted.

"Why don't you go home, I'm sure everything will be fine when you get there." Anko said cheerfully.

"I can't go home, at least not now. Actually that's where I was running from." Kakashi replied, he felt more tears coming. He tried to hold them back, but he wasn't successful.

'What could be so bad that made Kakashi cry?' Thought Anko as she wiped the tears from Kakashi's face. "Can you tell me what happened?" She said after a long pause.

"Well," he started. "I was training for the Jonin Exams, and I lost track of the time. I was running home, and I noticed that the lights were all out and it was only 7:00 p.m. Then, I heard a bang, so I followed the noise to my parent's bedroom. So I opened the door and..."

"And what! Don't leave me hanging Kakashi. What happened!" Anko demanded to know what had made Kakashi like this, because she secretly had her eye on him for a long time.

Finally after another long pause Kakashi started again, "my father killed my mother, and he tried to kill me as well."

"So that's why you can't go home, huh?" Anko said, sinking in what Kakashi just said.

"But you don't need to pity me Anko, I'll be fine." Said the silver-haired chunin.

But deep inside him felt like he lost a part of himself. After a few minutes of silence, Kakashi got up slowly walking away. Until he felt something grip his arm, and it wasn't about to let go either. Kakashi quickly turned around to see Anko gripping his arm as tight as she could.

"And where are you supposed to go for the night?" she said still gripping onto Kakashi's arm.
Kakashi shrugged. "Why do you care anyway? You should be worried about yourself."

"Why don't you stay at my house for the night?" suggested Anko. "Then you can go home, and see if your father's alright."

"Alright, but only for tonight." Replied Kakashi. He knew that was his only option anyway.

Anko brought Kakashi to her house where he was surprised to see that her parents were very welcoming. Anko's mother bandaged Kakashi's cuts from the shuriken, and made a bed in the spare room. That night Kakashi was hoping that his father would feel better by the next morning.


End of Chapter #1
Sign up to rate and review this story