Categories > Original > Humor > Mistakes We Knew We Were Making

You Know How I Do

by Mistressxwinter 3 reviews

Ugh, laps. No one likes them, but it's always fun to slack and make some drama of your own =]

Category: Humor - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2007-07-12 - Updated: 2007-07-13 - 925 words

0Unrated
Astroturf clung to the bottoms of everyone's shoes, it was freshly laid out on the track. Two beacon-like goalposts stood like monoliths at both ends of the field in the center. Boys and girls alike stood nonchalantly, waiting for their coach to hurry down the steps of the bleachers. Just to alert everyone, she blew her whistle unexpectedly. The Monroe sisters whipped around, knocking into their newest friends, Blake and Gerard. "Jesus, watch where you're going," Gerard snapped at the two clueless girls. A sad whimper escaped Olivia's lips, she immediately clasped a hand over her mouth.

"Since this is only the first day," the coach snorted. "You'll just run, walk, jog as many laps as you possibly can. Let's call this training for how many laps you're going to have to do later on in the year." Everyone exchanged grimaces and scowls. Once again, her whistle was blown and everyone trudged forth, the teacher's pets took off running. Olivia and Lily kept up a steady pace, just a little ahead of their new friends, so they could discuss the happenings of the day. But right behind them, Gerard whined and grabbed Olivia's shoulders. "So what? I get mad at you guys and you run away from me?" a hurt tone held high in his voice.

"You're so cute when you're pathetic!" Lily giggled and snorted while rounding a corner of the track, nearly tripping over her shoelaces. Olivia rolled her eyes, left foot kicking the back of her sister's shoe. "Hey whoa there! Don't try to give me a flat tire!" Lily shoved her younger sibling back into Gerard. Quickly, someone pushed between the two before they could fall over on each other, the person snickered and dashed off. "Frank! Your sugar rush won't last forever, ya jerk!" Gerard shook his fist menacingly at the sprinting boy.

"Frank?" Olivia and Lily asked in unison, before glaring at each other. Just then, Blake jogged to their sides, panting heavily. "Forgetting someone?" he glanced sideways at the group.

"Not anymore...?" Gerard scratched at his gym shorts.

"Dude, don't do that. It's a turn off," Olivia stared at Gerard's lower half.

"Then why are you looking?"

"Because you were just doing it and it was gross!"

"Your eyes are still lingering." Olivia turned a faint shade of pink and turned to the other half of her friends. Lily and Blake repressed their snickers but looked to each other with laughter in their eyes. The boy from not too long ago slowed down until the posse caught up with him. Gerard pulled on the back of "Frank"'s shirt, thus dragging him to his right. "Where do you think you're going, mister?" Gerard nudged Frank.

"Oh my god! He's so cute!" Lily blurted. "He's like a puppy!"

"He is?" Blake muttered while quickly looking away. The excited teenager pretended not to hear his insults and began to pet Frank on the head. "Can I take you home?" she smiled cutely.

"I don't think anyone's parents would want to keep Frank besides his own," Gerard wrapped his free arm around Lily's shoulder. "He's not house-broken by the way."

"Hey! That was just one time and I told you I wouldn't do it again!" Frank protested. "But yes, you can keep me!"

"I'ma buy you a collar!" Lily attempted to tackle Frank but they stood their ground. Olivia's eyes flashed over to Blake and noticed the anger in his eyes. "Blake? Earth to Blaaake." Everyone stopped to stare at him, the anger settled down, moving into his chest. "What? Why is everyone looking at me?" he stared back.

"Because you look pissed as hell," Gerard bit his lower lip.

"I do?"

"You do."

"Oh, well, er, I can't control my facial expressions then," but everyone knew it was obvious he was lying. Everyone but Lily.

"I didn't know you were into bondage," Frank replied to Lily's collar remark, it seemed to break the awkward silence that was coming on.

"You don't know anything about me," she glanced down at the Astroturf before looking towards Gerard.

"OH! That's right, I haven't really introduced you two," Gerard rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Naw, I know who she is, Gee-man. She's in my first class," the short hyper boy stuck his tongue out at his friend, bright green eyes reflected against Lily's when he looked back at her. The coach blew her whistle, hands waving towards the bleachers. "Class dismissed!" All the students ran towards the locker rooms faster than they had been running around the track, but Blake moved sluggishly behind. "Yo', what's up?" Olivia looked over her shoulder then jogged to his side. "It was obvious that you're jealous."

"And it's obvious that you like Gerard," Blake smirked. Olivia stuck her bottom lip out, eyes narrowing.

"Well you like Lily."

"And you like Gerard."

"LILY."

"GERARD."

Frank, Gerard, and Lily looked back at the two squabbling teenagers with puzzled looks. "Are they calling us?" Gerard asked no one in particular.

"I think they're fighting about you guys," Frank observed.

"Let's hurry and get out of her," Lily groaned apathetically. "I'm sick of being tired and I'm tired of being sick." The three dragged each other up the steps with open arms, leaving the lovestruck friends down at the bottom.

"Lily."

"You were staring at his crotch!"

"You were... Ready to kill Frank!"

"Crotch."

"Kill."

"You should ask Gee out."

"He has a girlfriend!"

"We don't know that."

"You ask my sister out and then I'll do it."

"Deal."
Sign up to rate and review this story