Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Unhonorable feelings.

Chapter 10

by kristinia 0 reviews

Rukia wakes up to see Byakuya with her holding her hand. She's surprised that he was still there with her. She finally admits her feelings to Byakuya and replies in kind.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fantasy - Characters: Abarai Renji, Chado Yasutora, Inoue Orihime, Ishida Uryuu, Kuchiki Byakuya, Kuchiki Rukia, Kurosaki Ichigo, Kurosaki Isshin, Kurosaki Karin, Kurosaki Yuzu, Matsumoto Rangiku - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-07-14 - Updated: 2007-07-15 - 1198 words

0Unrated
Ichigo was pacing back and forth as Unohana settled herself down to watch him with amusement yet lurking in the back of her eyes was concern and worry. Renji leaned against the wall as he stared off into space and Toshiro had wrapped a arm around Momo for comfort. Komamura just stood to the side ackward as Kisuke watched Ichigo with strangely blank yet serious eyes.

Orihime had her arms wrapped around her as she stared at the double doors as if willing Rukia to walk through them laughing nervously and saying she was going to be alright. She didn't like it that Rukia's life was in the hands of one man, the one man who happened to be her brother, the same brother who wouldn't stop her execution.

Uryu was standing next to Orihime in silence and seemed to be in deep thought. Chad was watching Ichigo with a blank expression but his eyes were full of concern and worry. Junshiro was staring at the door but his eyes would flick to Ichigo before going back to stare at the door. Shunsui sat between Junshiro and Unohana as he stared at the door with troubled eyes.

Kenpachi for once wasn't antagonizing Ichigo to fight him and for once he was truly serious as he had his arms crossed and was staring up at the ceiling. Everyone was deadly silent with the seriousness of what had happened and how everything depended on Byakuya. "I don't like having to place Rukia's life in the hand's of Byakuya." Ichigo said breaking the silence.

Kisuke smirked as he lowered his head and said," You just don't like, Byakuya, Ichigo because even though you have gotten stronger, he's gotten way stronger than you." Ichigo's vein throbbed but Unohana said softly," You are going to have to trust, Kuchiki-taichou, Ichigo. After all that has happened you have no right to mistrust Kuchiki-taichou."

Ichigo froze at that before he sighed and said," Yeah.. everyone reminds me of my mistake." Unohana smiled at him and said," It's a good thing you recognize what you have done wrong, Ichigo." Ichigo just grunted as Uryu said," If Byakuya is the only one who can save Rukia you need to learn to trust him, Kurosaki. If it isn't for him, Rukia could and probably would die."

Ichigo sighed once more as he slumped to his knees in the middle of the floor and before Unohana could get up to see to him he lifted his hand and said," Don't... I don't need any help." Orihime looked at him with such sadness not even Unohana could fully understand why. "Ichigo-kun... what has happened has happened, regretting it won't make Rukia-chan better." Orihime said and Ichigo looked up shocked at the wisdom in her voice.

"I... hope Byakuya can save Rukia. I hope he does.. I would not be able to live with the guilt if she were to die." Ichigo said softly and Orihime was suddenly kneeling beside him and hugging him as his eyes widened in shock. "Ichigo-kun... believe in Byakuya... I believe he will save her." Orihime whispered into his ear as she hugged him and Ichigo's body relaxed under her warm and caring embrace.

------

Byakuya looked down at Rukia and squeezed her hand as he thought," Rukia... I will not lose you like I lost Hisana." Rukia's eyes suddenly fluttered open and she looked up to meet Byakuya's cold yet concerned eyes. "N-nii-sama.." Rukia said softly and she let herself smile slightly. She couldn't believe he was by her side.

"Rukia." Byakuya said as he looked down at her and Rukia smiled slightly up at him. She felt so tired yet she didn't want to fall asleep and leave her nii-sama alone in silence. "N-nii-sama... I have to tell you something important." Rukia said looking down at his hand which was still holding hers.

"What is it?" Byakuya asked his voice unemotional but he seemed curious as Rukia started turning red and she answered," N-nii-sama... I... I love you." Byakuya blinked surprised before his eyes softened and with his free hand he tilted her head upwards so that she was looking into his eyes.

"Rukia, I love you to." Byakuya said before he leaned down and pressed his lips against hers softly which caused her eyes to widen before she closed them slightly and leaned into the kiss.

-----

Byakuya walked out of the emergency room carrying a wide awake and blushing Rukia. "Rukia!" Ichigo and Renji exclaimed before stopping from one look sent by Byakuya. "She needs her rest, so I am taking her home." Byakuya explained short and simple before Unohana smiled knowingly and nodded her head.

"We're just glad you are alright, Rukia-chan. You had us all deeply worried." Unohana said smiling and Rukia smiled back slightly as she nodded her head. She put her head on Byakuya's chest and fell asleep. "Kuchiki-taichou, take good care of Rukia-chan. She needs a lot of rest and she already looks a lot better." Unohana said smiling.

Byakuya stared at her before he nodded his head slightly and said," I will, Unohana-taichou." Ichigo stepped in front of him and he looked at him with cold and calculating eyes but didn't say anything. "Byakuya... thank you.. for helping Rukia.. and i'm really sorry about what I had done to her." Ichigo said looking at the ground with his head bowed.

Byakuya didn't say anything but his eyes softened just slightly before hardening again and said," Fine, if you regret it that much then I will forgive you. Stop regretting and move on, Kurosaki Ichigo." Ichigo looked up shocked only to see Byakuya walking passed him while carrying Rukia. Ichigo watched them walk away with surprised eyes.

"Don't act so surprised, Ichigo. There are some things you will never understand especially about the Kuchiki's and how they do things and how they act." Junshiro said standing up and watching with solemn yet relieved eyes as Byakuya disappeared from their sight. Shunsui stood up with a small smile as he said," I'm glad everything is turning out just fine for both Byakuya and Rukia."

Ichigo looked at him curious yet confused and Kenpachi chuckled as he said," Someone like you Ichigo wouldn't understand what they are talking about." Ichigo looked at him as a vein throbbed and the others laughed as Renji sighed with relief and said," I'm just glad Rukia is alright. I don't mind now that Rukia loves him and not me."

The others didn't look surprised at that and Ichigo asked shocked then angry," You all knew and didn't tell us?!" "What good would it have done, Ichigo? You wouldn't either have believed us or you would have gotten mad." Junshiro answered calmly before he started walking away with Shunsui and Unohana at his sides.

Toshiro paused before he said towards Ichigo," Just let them be, Kuchiki-taichou, could use someone to love and be loved by, as could Rukia. They found that person in each other so don't mess it up for them." Ichigo looked at him stunned and didn't say anything as Toshiro left with his arm still around Momo and Renji watched him before leaving.
Sign up to rate and review this story