Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Secrets don't make friends.

Part I - Everything we had...

by lclutebark 2 reviews

Kate is an only child that moves with her parents next door to the Wentz family, she become quick friends with the girl next door but her older brother will make kate's life a living hell. Meet ch...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-07-16 - Updated: 2007-07-16 - 4367 words

0Unrated
I know i'm in debt with those who used to read Earth to Bella, I swear I intend on finishing it...but i just had to take this idea out of my head first. I hope you guys enjoy it! Be nice 'cause i haven't proof read it yet!


My story begins in a little city from in Illinois, at that time I was 7 years old I'd never guess my current situation, not even in my nightmares...

My name is Katharine, or just Kate for those who knows me.
I lived with my parents during my childhood; our house was big and had a huge backyard with a pool and some toys for my entertainment since I was an only child.
It's an understatement to say that I was spoiled, I lived far from my other family members so I can say that pretty much the only social interaction I had available was at school.

Always the shy mouse I never liked being the center of the attention, and I think that' why my parents made sure to occupy my time with other activities such as ballet and piano classes.
I gotta say that the ballet classes were only a semester thing since I was a little overweight and didn't really 'fit' in that kind of mode.
But the piano, until this day it's the only thing that I can say that takes my mind from anything going around me, and I should probably thank my parents for being able to afford the classes. (lol)

In my 10th birthday news was that we would be moving out to another city, not because my parents were getting divorced or because daddy got a promotion, it was because money got tight and living in our current house was a little impossible, seeing that maintenance was a little expensive, plus mom was now looking for jobs and probably I'd spend even more time by myself than before. I can say that my 10th birthday was no t really the most pleasant one.

Two months after my birthday we were already living on our new place, Wilmette was not that bad, I guess. School started in a week and I was so nervous, I used to spend the afternoon playing my piano in the basement to appease my anxiety and sadness.
Here I come, North Shore Country School.

One day my neighbor came to visit one afternoon, she was accompanied by two kids, one seemed to be around my age, a girl, and the boy seemed to be around 4 years old.
She introduced herself as Lola Wentz, the boy was Andrew and the girl who was really my age was Hillary. They stayed over for at least 2 hours as we played and the 'mom' talked about stuff. That was the first time I met Hilary who quickly became my best friend.

I wasn't afraid of my new school anymore, Hilary studied in the same school so now I had at least someone to talk to, and we used to play every day through that weekend, so surprisingly time flew by.

The first month was a little awkward but having Hilary around it wasn't so bad, we still played together everyday at my house, my mom never let me go to their house because the Wentz had an older son, around 14 years old who was kind of 'problematic' or something.
But kids are curious and it had been at least 4 months and I still had never seen the boy, who's name was Peter, just like his father's.
My mom was now working in a bookstore and most of the afternoon I'd spend doing my homework and practicing on the piano, since the parent's couldn't afford the classes anymore. It was a hot day and Hilary showed up at my house inviting me for a swim.

"Seriously, my mom is home, she can come and talk to your mom when she gets home." She said when I declined the invitation.

"The problem is that I'll be disrespecting her orders, Hillary. I don't wanna be grounded."
I pouted, wanting to go so bad, but not wanting to cause trouble.

"Come one, then we go and we will be back before she even gets back. She won't even know!!" she pleaded pulling my arms. I adjusted my glasses and sighed.

"Okay then, but only for an hour at least, okay?"
I wished I wasn't so easily talked in to do things...

After coming to conclusion that my mom didn't bring any of my old swim suits, Hilary told me I could borrow hers.
It wasn't a one piece, like I was used to, and my little chubby self was feeling a little off but was having a good time in the pool anyways.
But like anything good has got to end, Hillary's brother got home from whatever place he was coming from.

"wow, Hillary, does mom knows that you are keeping a whale hidden in our pool?" he smirked as he neared the pool side fence.
Noticing he was making fun of me, I started to blush as he got closer, I was never good confronting people, much less someone I'd never met before.

"Get out of here Pete, I'll tell mom you are being mean to my friend." Hilary said, a little upset by her brother's behavior.

"If you do that I'll call one of this animal protector people and have your friend removed from our pool." He laughed when I ducked in the pool to hide my embarrassment.

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" I could hear Hilary's shrill scream from underwater, my eyes were burning but not from the chlorine but by the acid words Pete directed at me, no one liked being degraded but that was just the first time. That night my parent's had me grounded for disobeying them, and from what Hilary said, Pete was also punished by his mom.

After the first year, I felt like I was always ready for Pete's cruel remarks, it seemed like he always had something wit and stupid to say, whatever it was mocking my weight or that I was nerdy and stuff, it got old after a while,
But even with all that, Hilary and I had become best friends and now that our birthdays were getting closer we wanted to have a double party at my house, since it was bigger.

My birthday was on June 12th and Hills were on the 15th so it worked out for both of us, and since my mom had been so overloaded with work, Mrs. Wentz was doing everything for the party and she always let me and Hill help her out with stuff. It was so much fun, since my mom never did stuff with me anymore and to be truthful my mom never homemade anything.
The only thing that had me nervous was that Pete was going to be there, since it was also his sister's birthday party, I wondered if the fact that the parents would be around would make him respect me and at least make him stay quiet from at least the party time.

Boy, was I wrong!

At first, the first 2 hours of the party, was so much fun, some girls from our classes came to the party, we had fun listening to music and stuff eating candies and just talking, so far it was being the best birthday party ever, Hilary and I acted like sisters at that point, but my good memories of that party were interrupted when Pete arrived, bringing with him that shadow of sadness and unexplainable desire to put me down.

"Soooo, is there still any food left or Kate already ate everything?" he sat down in the sofa, leaning in close to where the girls and I were sitting, I blushed when some of them giggled.

"Yes, there's some left. Although I think you better hurry before she gets a hold of it" Mandy, their cousin said a smile in her lips. That bitch was around 13 years old, what should I expect? Everyone laughed at that, I felt a burning in the back of my stomach, and something drove me towards the table, as I grabbed two cute cupcakes we had made the day before with Mrs. Wentz. I walked slowly towards Pete and the girls, the burning in my stomach almost alarming now.

"Pete, would you like a cupcake?" I said, my voice almost chocked out as I handed out the cupcake towards him, but that's when things got out of my control.

"Yeah, sure..." he laughed, but it was too late as my hand connected directly with his face, smashing the cupcakes in his face, I was so out of control that I jumped on the sofa along with him, and let just say that there was no cupcake left when I was done.

When I finally got back to myself, my mom was pulling me out of the sofa, and as I looked up to her face, I could notice her worried and upset face, I looked back to Pete and I could only catch a glimpse of his evil glare towards my way, that was quickly reversed to Hilary who seemed to be having the time of her life, laughing her ass off at his expense.
My mom took me to the kitchen where I had to hear a might lengthy lecture about my absurd 'behavior' but my savior, Mrs. Wentz came in and told my mom that Pete had started and that he always started trouble with me, and that she didn't know why I had took so long to finally get him back for it. That seemed to calm mom down for a bit, then the Dad's come from the backyard wanting to know what was going on, that's when Pete's dad had him grounded for 3 months.

After that the party went smoothly and well, Hillary and I didn't get cupcakes because of my little fight with Pete. But was still fun.
School was starting to get awkward for me, most girls were starting to get attracted to the opposite sex and I started to get scared of being rejected by my looks, since even Hilary was starting to have guys crushing on her.
The worst part was that I was the first she'd come and tell about the guys wanting to date her and stuff what at first would get me excited, because maybe the guy could have a friend or something but I was too shy to even said that out loud, even when Hillary was my best friend, this was too embarrassing to share.

At that time the Wentz were having problems with Pete, so he went to a place that my dad said was like a boot camp, for boys his age or something, at first I was shocked but then I thought it was the best thing that could have happened.

As months went by I thought I was getting even more awkward, even though according to Mrs. Wentz and Hilary I was losing the baby fat, thanks to the gym classes, now I played on the volleyball team, for 6th graders but I still felt out of place, I'll describe myself and leave you to decide whether or not I'm scary and bizarre, I have olive green eyes, my skin is ghostly white, my hips are a little too wide for a girl my age and I'm 5'6, my hair is wavy, what I think it's a good thing when I have it under control, what's basically never, the color is kind of hard to say, I'd say it's burnt caramel or something, anyways...when you are a teenager you are never satisfied with what you have and well I wasn't an exception.


Our 12th birthday arrived and well, our families nowadays were pretty tight, our mom's were also good friends and our parents were starting a partnership, on a shop where my mom would also work, that meant even less time with my parents, but since my parents seemed to have forgotten that part Mrs. Wentz said that she'd look after me, as I did my homework and had dinner at her house.
So I would go straight to her house after school with Hillary and I'd stay there until my parents got home, around 8:30 or something.
One night we were playing and well, let just say that I got my first menses, it was terrible because as always Pete had to be the one to point it out.

"I think it's time to go back to the ocean and fin your mate, Kate." He said as he came downstairs going to the kitchen, I looked at Hilary and she shrugged already used to his stupid remarks.

"What exactly you mean by that?" I said with a slight attitude.

"You are bleeding you stupid. It's so gross I can't even stand to look at you. Ewww." He said coming back to the living room where we were doing a maquette, for a school work.
I was standing opposite from Hilary so maybe that's why she didn't notice.
Hilary got up from the chair and made her way around the table searching for any indications, to my embarrassment my shorts had a huge spot on the back, I was mortified, I started to cry and hyperventilate, I went running towards my house, I didn't have any key with me so I hide in the backyard and sat in one of the pool chairs sobbing hysterically.

Minutes later, I heard a noise coming from the front yard, and to my surprise it was Pete.

"Come on, Kate, my mom wants you to come home." He said when he found me minutes later following my sobs, I just didn't answer him, he got closer.

"Come one, I won't wait on you all night, and if you stay here you can bleed to death ort something." And that made me laugh out loud.

"You are so stupid that it's funny..." was my only comment.

"Yeah whatever, I know you won't die...from it. But I made you speak didn't I?" he smirked.

"I really hope that the guys my age won't be as obnoxiously stupid as you at this age."

"Why don't you just shut the fuck up and come home? Now?" he say coming closer and pulling at my arm. I guess it was the first time I got to experience how hormones can mess up with you. I just up and punched him, in the face, he was shocked but that didn't stop him from coming right back at me, slapping my face, next thing I knew we were on the floor throwing punches that would miss and some others that would hurt, then he resorted to hair pulling what I think he had mastered. I tried to get my self out of his grasp by getting off of him, but his grip was tight.

"You tell my parents that we fought and I'll fucking kill you, you hear me?" he said in my ear.

"I won't" I whispered, totally afraid of him.
"Okay then, I'll let you go, and then we go in the house like nothing ever happened, you hear me?" he said again.
"Yes, sir." I nodded as much as his grasp would allow.

He let go of my hair and I could feel a headache already coming in full force.
We got up from the floor, when I heard him laughing; he put his arm around my shoulder.
"You know, you can pull a punch pretty good kid. I gotta give you that...actually you are not so bad kiddo!" he said messing with my hair, still laughing.

I could feel my heart beating faster, but at 12, and living my life, I'd never guess what it'd develop in the future.


Wow time flew fast after that, seriously, now I look back and once my body became a clock, I think that things got more hectic and just started to go by, mom and dad marriage seemed to be on the rocks and well, every kid gets frustrated when they can't get things to work as they used to.
On another note, now Pete talks to me politely, I mean we still have moments where we want to jump each other's throat but now I have little Andrew as my ally, he always tells Mrs. Wentz when Pete starts pestering me. Actually in these years that have gone by I gotta say that my best friend's brother is always in my mind, I'd dare confess that at that time, he was even staring In my most blushing-worthy dreams.
But until that point I hadn't told about these dreams to Hilary and I wasn't planning on doing so. Now we were studying in the New Trier Township High School, where Pete was ready to graduate that year. Hilary and I were in the end of the 9th grade by then.
The kids of the Wentz family seemed to have an special appeal about them since they were very popular and stuff, these days Hilary and I would barely talk while on school, since she was always busy with 'stuff' and he new friends, and me on the other hand just took some extra classes and participated in some geeky clubs to occupy my time.

Some afternoons I'd spend at the Wentz house just to have company and I'd spend the afternoon talking to Mrs. Wentz or playing video games with Andrew.

One weekend Hilary had a date and well, I was in her house for the moral support since it was her first date with this guy, and she had been crushing on him forever!
We had been picking out clothes and talking quietly since it should be a secret date and all to matters we would be going to the mall for some innocent shopping spree.
I almost passed out when the door closed behind us.
"So...who is going on a date?" Pete said sitting on the chair, close to the dresser.
Hillary was white and was sweating under his questioning glare.

"Uhm, well we are going on a double date, Kate and I. But you can't tell our parents...please Pete." he smirked shaking his head.
"I don't know... I really need money for my graduation and all...maybe if you could give me something to keep my mouth shut and all..." he trailed off, and I shook my head at how stupid he was.

"Pete, I don't have money now...i..." I think that with that Hillary gave herself out a bit, because he raised an eyebrow.
"Well, you can split, right? Or isn't it a double date, Hills??" he sat down again, she just nodded then looked at me, her eyes showed that she was scared.

I had to think fast, so I reached for my back pocket taking my last 20 dollar bill and walked over to Pete, handing him the bill, he looked at my face then to note, taking it and placing it in his pocket.

"Okay, I guess the secret is kept with me...but just an advice...be home early, okay?" he said and left the room.

Later that night I was I my little world, playing my piano when my mom told me I had a visitor, but I'd never guess who that would be.
I went up to the living room, trying to get my flip-flops to get on right on my feet, when I was face to face with Pete, my first instinct was to put my hands in my hair for any damage control, then I straightened my clothes, his eyes were glued to mine when I raised my head back again.

"Can you help me please to find my sister?" he said, his voice a little tense.
At least 5 minutes later we were pulling out of my front yard towards the mall to find Hilary and Frederic. Pete said that his mom and dad wanted her home for some reason and well, Pete had to spill what he knew.

"I guess it means that you have to give me back my 20!" I said quietly from the passenger seat.
"No way, I'll probably be grounded along with Hilary for not telling them..." he said smirking.
"Gosh, seriously...it's just an innocent date... she is 15 years old..." I said crossing my arms.
"Oh really? How old are you miss? Have you been on how many dates in the last month?" he asked sarcastically.
"Ha... I've never been on a date, mister, but I know my friend is not going to do anything stupid." I said as a matter of fact.

"Are you serious? She is my sister...and I don't give her any credit." He laughed as we arrived at the mall, putting an end to our conversation.

Pete and I walked on the mall for about 20 minutes, looking everywhere for them.
"Are you sure they were coming here?" he was already getting pissed off.
"Yeah! She is been talking about this for the WHOLE week!!!" I said frustrated raising my voice a little.

"Let's go to the park..." he said pulling my arm.

We got to the park and there was a little party going on, there seemed to be at least everyone I knew from my class... weird. Pete held my hand as we went further looking for Hillary, at least he was looking for her, and I was already in my own little world wondering how Hillary never mentioned anything about this.

"Hey are you okay?" Pete asked pulling me closer to him, seeing he was just a bit taller.

"No, I'm good...just feeling a little out of place, people are all dressed up while we are wearing jeans and hoodies..." I made a face and he smirked in a 'you-are-lying-through-your teeth-and -I- know' way.

From afar we saw Fred and Hillary making out in the parking lot.

"Ewwww, you know what? I'll call my dad and tell him to come here save his little girl..." I laughed at his face.

"I wasn't ready to see that..." I said turning around, feeling weird, I guess I was kind of jealous of what Hill was experiencing at that moment.

"Know what let's go for a ride and then we come back here in half an hour, okay?" he said already pulling me towards his car.

During the ride, we heard some head banging crap that I won't even qualify as music because jeez.

"That's my band you know..." he said with a smile on the side of his mouth.
Shit!
"Ohh you guys sound good..." I said with a little hesitance in my voice.

"Last time you lied you lost 20 dollars for me..." he joked and I had to laugh at that.

"You don't really look like you like this kind of music anyways, for Christ sake's you play piano." He pretended to gag on his finger.

"Shut up, the piano is good. But I listen to every kind of music." I said smiling a little, maybe my life wasn't so bad, but in a few months he wouldn't even be here...

We went to a Mac Donald's and he bought too meals, using the 20 dollar bill I had giving him.

"What happened to saving money for the graduation?" I asked as he gave me my sandwich.

"Do you really think I want to participate on that crap?" he chewed on his sandwich.

I just shrugged and did the same.

We started to talk about random stuff while eating; Pete was certainly coming with some unusual small talk topic.

"So...funny how it looks like we are in a date or something...I'm feeling like a pedophile or something...but you really don't look your age you know..." he said as I finished my ice cream cone, he had gotten me.

"I don't think it seems like a date..." I shrugged, a little nervous with the talk.
"Sure you wouldn't, you've never been in one..." he smirked and straitened on his seat still looking at me somehow.

"okay, okay...don't need to bite me for this...besides I'm ugly and fat...and what else...I don't fit your dating stereotype certainly...and you are not that old...you are only 19 or what? Yeah...just 4 years difference..." I babbled on and on as I noticed from the corner of my eye he was getting closer to me.

"You are still on the heavy side but I guess now I can appreciate when a girl has curves...and you are not ugly...I guess you are starting to get past the awkward stage...would I be arrested if I kissed you?" his face was so close to me, I could feel as his hand made it's way to the back of my head, making me look at him.

"I guess only if I reported you right? But why would you something so stupid like..." he smirked and lightly touched our lips.

"Are you going to shut the fuck up now, I'm stupid, we have that already established."

And that's how my first kiss happened, it was so memorable.

"Your first kiss..." Pete said licking his lips slowly, I nodded, my hands holding his, trembling as he kissed me again. This time with even more passion, I started to participate more in the kiss, but suddenly his bip thing rung, making me pull out and go back to look ahead of me, my whole face burning.

"It's your dad..." I heard him mumbling but couldn't just look at him.

"okay..."I said quietly not knowing what else to say.

"Hilary is at home already...I guess now we are the one's missing..." he pulled my face to look at him and kissed my lips quickly, pulling back and starting the car.

"You know... it's best if we keep this to ourselves." He said right when we got in our street, but I knew it was coming, actually I thought it'd be worse, maybe it'd be...maybe he just didn't want to hurt me or something.
But I what did I know, right?
Sign up to rate and review this story