Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Be My Unholy..

My One and Only

by Hemfan605 2 reviews

Interesting turn of events...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-16 - Updated: 2007-07-17 - 759 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5: My One and Only

Carrie's POV

After spending what seemed like days in one of our favorite restaurants talking about all the little things that had happened to us in the past 6 months that we hadn't already talked about on the phone, Pete and I decided that we should start heading home. We got into Pete's car and started driving through Wilmette. We were almost to my street when my phone started ringing. I took it out of my pocket and glanced at the caller id.

Jon.

My smile faded. My eyes got heavy. I started breathing heavily. It took all that I had not to break down at the simple sight of his name on my cell phone. Pete noticed and asked worriedly, 'Care, is everything ok?'

I couldn't speak. I could barely breathe. I felt like I was hyperventilating. Pete asked the one question I couldn't answer. Not to him.

I finally gathered my composure enough to speak. 'Pete, I need to tell you something.'

'C-Can it wait until we get to my house, babe?' he asked nervously. I could tell that he was freaking out a little. He didn't usually stutter unless he was worried or nervous. Or both.

'Yeah. It can wait.'

After what felt like hours, we pulled into his driveway at last. I must have been lost in my thoughts, because before I could even think about getting out of the car, Pete was at my door, opening it and helping me out of the passenger seat. He led me inside the house and we took a seat on his couch.

I stared into space for a few minutes, trying to think of how I was going to tell Pete the real reason I came home. I didn't want to have to tell him. I honestly didn't want to think about it again myself. Telling Patrick that first night was hard enough. Telling Pete would be a whole different experience, and I would be surprised if he didn't fly back to Virginia to kill Jon himself after hearing this story. Despite how I was feeling, I smiled a little at this thought. I knew I could count on Pete to protect me. I had always trusted him. I had to let him in now.

'Pete, I didn't just come home because I missed everyone. I mean, yeah, I missed you guys like crazy. But that wasn't the only reason.' I went on to tell him the rest of the details of the break up scene from the other night. He just sat and looked at me, taking in every detail as I told it to him. He was very quiet, unlike the Pete I knew. Something was wrong. 'Pete? Say something?'

I could see his fists clenching at his sides. Finally, he spoke. 'I always knew he wasn't good enough for you.' I looked up at him, and for a second I swore that I could see tears forming in the corners of his eyes. Weird....

'Can I stay here tonight? I don't want to be alone.' I asked Pete. I had stayed the night so many times at his house that I probably didn't even need to ask if I could stay. 'Of course, silly,' he replied.

We stayed downstairs for a few more minutes before heading upstairs to Pete's bedroom. I changed into some shorts and a t-shirt that I had left there one of the 800 times I had spent the night before and Pete stripped down to his boxers, his usual sleeping attire. We climbed into his big bed and I layed my head on Pete's chest. He put his arms around me and I felt him squeeze me firmly. I started tracing the tattoos along his arms and said, 'Thanks, Peter Pan.'

'What for?' he asked quietly.

'Being the best friend a girl could ever ask for,' I replied, looking up into his hazel eyes. 'Do you think I will ever find someone who loves me?'

'I love you,' he said quietly.

'Well I love you too, Pete, but you know what I mean,' I laughed a little.

'Yeah,' he said. There was something strange in the tone of his voice, but I was so exhausted that I ignored it and fell asleep in the arms of the most important man in my life.


********
Yeah, so I know that this chapter is just not that good, but I got busy over the weekend and now I can't figure out where I wanna go with this. Grrr....reviews please!!
Sign up to rate and review this story