Categories > Original > Humor

The Duel

by GinnyPotter 0 reviews

13 year old Alyson is caught in a duel against her father and herself in a test of strength. Will she be able to win against him, or be forced to do something truely horrible. Or, to her at least.....

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-07-16 - Updated: 2007-07-17 - 430 words - Complete

0Unrated
I was determined to win this duel. If I were to loose, the consequences would be devastating.

"Give up Alyson, you no you can't win." stated my opponent confidently. "You might as well save yourself the embarrassment."

His strength was now beginning to take its toll on me, and I began to fall tired. But I knew that I couldn't give in, not yet.

"Oh, just shut-up!" I stated defensively. I was now working up the strength that I had lost, and was beginning to regain my previous position in the match.

He just smirked at me and began to equalize the pressure I had been giving him, pretending like he was fighting a baby. His eyes, however, were sending a completely different message: desperation. That wasn't the only sign of weakness I could spot. His brow was twitching, and his arm was begging to tremble under my weight.

Seeing how this was my chance to strike, I gathered up all of my strength into my right arm and crushed it against the table. Only thing was that it didn't make a sound. I looked to the table, and then into his emerald eyes. He had tricked me.

"You actually fell for that?" he chuckled evilly. With that, he squeezed my hand tightly, and whammed it hard against the table.

"Ow!" I yelled, after it's collision with the hard wood. He let out a congratulatory chuckle as deep as the great blue ocean, and let go of my hand. It was throbbing as soon as he released it, and I instinctively grasped it in my undamaged hand. It was bright red.

"Well, I guess that settles it then, Alyson." he started with a grin on his face.

I looked away from my hand for a moment, giving him a look of pure patheticness. I couldn't see how I looked at the moment, but I was sure that I looked exactly like one of those homeless puppies begging for some food on the street.

Ignoring my desperate facial expression, he simply pointed to my little sister, and I immediately knew what I had to do. So, I removed myself from the official 'Arm Wrestling Table of Kulinski' and went towards my sister. Now I had to sit through a truly horrendous movie with her:" The Little Mermaid"

So I sat on the 'Hello, Kitty' carpet facing the television set, and awaited my doom. She had then turned to the correct channel for the movie, and looked at me with the same smile my father had worn.

I was doomed.


The End

Sign up to rate and review this story