Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Rain

Rain

by SweetSacrifice 1 review

After Hinamori's death Hitsugaya is feeling lost. Who would be able to help the ice dragon? HitsuxRuki pairing

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Kuchiki Rukia, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-07-17 - Updated: 2007-07-17 - 777 words

1Original
Disclaimer - Bleach is not mine.


Encounters

It was a cold day. The sky was gray. No sounds; It was a lonely place. There was no life, just death. What else could you find in a graveyard? There were tombstones everywhere. In front of one of them stood a man. His silver hair moved with the breeze. His icy green eyes were looking straight at the tombstone. You couldn't read his expression. He didn't move; he just stood.

"Why do I keep coming here?" he asked himself "Why keep coming here, if the only thing that it brings me is pain? But more importantly, why did you have to go?" It had been two weeks since Vice-Capitan Momo Hinamori died. Since that day he had been coming to this lifeless place.

He looked up at the sky. It looked like it was going to rain. "Just like the day you left," he thought. He looked again at the tombstone of his beloved friend. He then noticed somebody else's presence. He looked over his shoulder and saw a petite woman. She was carrying some flowers. She looked up and met his gaze.

They looked at each other, neither of them moving. Finally she was the one to stop their staring contest. She approached him. "Good evening, captain Hitsugaya," she said while bowing. "Good evening, Kuchiki-san," he responded. "I hope I wasn't interrupting anything," Rukia said. "Not at all. May I ask what you are doing here?" said Hitsugaya.

She was silent for a moment. She looked at the tombstone for a moment before replying. "I came to visit a friend," Rukia said. "I didn't know that you were friends with her," Hitsugaya said with an icy tone. "I'm not her friend. I just knew her enough to feel the pain of losing her."

They stood silent again. After a minute she bent down and put the flowers on the grave. She stood again, ready to leave. "If she is not your friend then who did you come to visit?" he asked. She looked at him with an expression he recognized. It was his same expression. It was a hollow look. She responded in a monotone voice, "I came to visit Kain-dono's tomb."

He recognized the name. It was an ex vice-captain. He looked at her. She was staring forward, never looking at him. She just stood there waiting for him to dismiss her. "Sorry for asking. It was none of my business," he said. "You don't have to apologize, captain Hitsugaya. But I'm afraid that if there is nothing else you want to ask me, I will go," she responded with the same monotone voice. She bowed again and started walking to her friend's tomb.

"Wait!" he called. She stopped moving and looked over her shoulder "Yes?" He didn't know why he asked her to wait. He just didn't feel like staying alone. "Do you mind f I go with you?" he asked. She thought for a moment before saying "No. Not at all."
She waited for him. When he reached her, she started walking again. They walked in complete silence. Neither of them knew what to say to the other. They reached their destination after walking a while.

He looked around. It was the same; lifeless. She bent down to say a prayer. He waited for her to finish. "Does it hurt?" she asked. "Excuse me, what did you said?" She looked at he ground "Does it hurt?" He looked at her. She was still on her knees. He thought for a moment. "Why?" "Because for me it does. Every time I think of the times we spent together it hurts me a lot. I know how it feels to lose a special person. It feels like if somebody has stolen a piece of your heart. Like if the sun will never rise again and rain will never stop," the last part was almost a whisper.

He was surprised. Nobody knew how he felt. Nobody understood his feelings. But this girl had just described what he felt since his beloved friend's death. Again he didn't know what he was doing. He pulled her to her feet and gave her a hug.

He didn't know why but he felt happy. He had found somebody that knew the same pain he was feeling. "Yes it does," he told her while still holding her. He looked at the sky.


"Looks like today it won't rain."


Author notes - I know the end is a little cheesy, but I still think is ok. I would love to hear your comments about this couple. I want to know if this couple is to wear.
Sign up to rate and review this story