Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Depression Found My Obsession

Tower Over Me

by thatgirlinthecorner 2 reviews

a nice drive, and a moonlit night.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-07-17 - Updated: 2007-07-18 - 465 words - Complete

0Unrated
ROXY'S POV

"So, what do you do for fun?" I asked him.

"Concerts, stagediving, movies, reading..."

"You're a busy busy man aren't you?" He laughed.

"Yeah, you could say that. It's kind of nice to have a break from the tour for a while though..you know?"

"I guess."

"It would be awesome if we could just stay at home, and the fans came to us, but then again I wouldn't get to go and see all the great things I have."

"I can see how it can be stressful." We were silent for a while, trying to think of something to say.

"So how are your parents?" I wished he didn't act so nervous when he asked questions regarding Bethany, it helped me for people to say her name, to mention her..it made me stronger.

"My mom's getting along pretty well. I haven't seen my dad since I was 12."

"Oh...I'm-"

"Pete, stop. If you hit a critical spot, I'll tell you, I don't mind talking about Bethany. It helps me." He watched me, I wished things weren't so awkward.

"Let's go do something, the rain's clearing up."

"You sure?"

"Yes!"

"Okay.."

We both got into his car. Pete put his keys into the ignition and watched me questioningly. We pulled out of the driveway.

"Where to?" He asked me.

"Anywhere."

"Good idea."

It was dark out by the time Pete stopped the car.

PETE'S POV

"Where are we?" She asked me.

"You'll see." I opened my car door and waited for her.

"Where are we going?"

"Don't ask so many questions! Enjoy this. We're going on a walk."

"Okay.."

"Come on."

"So..what happened to your dad?"

"He left my mom when me and Bethany were little. He didn't even say goodbye. He just said he was sick of us all and left."

"That's horrible."

"I never did really care much for him. I just grew up, the rest of my life, with no man in the house until I was 15." I waited for her to continue.

"Taylor, you've met him I believe? My mom adopted him. He was my age. We were all so close, we never fought or anything. He's a brother, but now we just consider ourselves best friends as well."

"How did your mom handle him being...gay?"

"She knew that when we adopted him."

"Wow.." We walked in silence for a while and stopped at a lake's edge.

"It's like a movie." She whispered.

"The moon always seems to just find it's place." She started to cry and buried her head in my chest. I held her close, choking back my own tears.

"I bet Bethany's happy where she is now. Somewhere better." I whispered into her hair.

"It must be great to be better than this."
Sign up to rate and review this story