Categories > Celebrities > Dir en grey > It Was Just a Joke...

Teens Who Misbehave

by Hellangelblood13 1 review

It already seems as if the police might give up hope in looking. What would you do if your friend was missing? Break the law and solve the problem yourself, of course.

Category: Dir en grey - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Die, Kaoru, Kyo, Shinya, Toshiya - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-07-20 - Updated: 2007-07-20 - 4092 words

1Ambiance
Teens Who Misbehave


Shinya walked into the school building, auburn tresses tied up neatly in a ponytail. His sepia eyes were as relaxed as his stride as he found his locker. Setting his bag down he began to fiddle with the chipping lock. It was the same as always, the first number of his combination eluded him so he found himself turning the dial uselessly until it came to him. It was seven thirty and in exactly three minutes Toshiya would sashay up to him and ask for last minute help on homework. All of his friends had internal alarm clocks whether they knew it or not.

"Hey Shin-kun..." That familiar voice drifted to him, just as his locker combination did. But there was something wrong this time. The young teenager was soon able to decipher something that was laced into his friend's voice. Fear, grief, and confusion.

The auburn haired teen looked away from the books in his open locker to the older boy standing just out of view. Toshiya was looking at him through a curtain of blue-tinted hair. Like Kaoru, Totchi had been dying it darker and darker slowly so that his parents wouldn't notice.

"What is it Totchi-kun?" Shinya queried, concern making his small voice even more inaudible. The older boy blinked a bit, his feminine face fraught with worry.

"Can you come with me? To the arts building? Kaoru and Die are already there." The runner sniffled, hugging himself. The lanky boy's face was tear-stained and his cheeks were a burning red that conflicted with his hair color. Shinya shoved his entire bag into his locker and slammed it shut.

"Of course I'll come with you. But what's going on to get you so upset?" It was a known fact that it didn't take much to get the blue-haired beauty crying, but he usually got over it quickly unless the problem escalated.

"I think it would be better if someone who wasn't ready to cry again explained it to you." Toshiya almost sobbed as both males began to walk at a decent pace down the hall. Shinya had to break into a trot several times to keep up, but otherwise there were no problems.


The arts building was remote compared to the cluster of other buildings on campus. It only had one floor that housed several fundamentals classes as well as other creative things. None of them went there often, just Kyo who had a few classes.

When the two arrived the first things that Shinya noticed were the police line and then the paramedics carrying a body bag out of the main entrance. That's when the auburn haired teen remembered the eldest of the five, Kaoru, receiving a phone call from Kyo saying that he would be staying after. His sepia eyes darted to the body bag.

"Is... that...?" Shinya started to ask, but Toshiya interrupted him.

"Iie... its Reiko-sensei." The blue-haired bishounen swallowed loudly, tears sliding gracefully down his cheeks. "It's a hell of a way to end your first year of teaching, huh?"

"Uh-huh..." He mumbled. Toshiya glanced around briefly

"There's Kaoru and Die over there." His voice was a little more put together as he motioned to where Kaoru was watching two boys answer a middle-aged man's questions a couple of yards from the police line, his expression more than distraught. Die wasn't far away from the ringleader, sitting beneath a large sakura tree that had already lost its blossoms with his face buried in his knees. Shinya's heart sank, but there was no use in running to class and waiting for whatever had happened to be announced stoically over the PA system. He followed Toshiya over to the older boys, but decided to sit next to Die rather than stand next to Kaoru. The copper-haired senior looked just as angry as he did confused and near tears. One wrong move and he would lash out whether you were friend or foe.

The redhead didn't respond when Shinya plopped down next to him so the younger student turned his attention to the two boys that Kaoru was watching so intently with his narrow hazel gaze. The first was a rather unintelligent looking fellow with dull, oafish eyes.

"We'd taken the janitor's keys from the main office..." The large boy fumbled. Toshiya took a step away from Kaoru as the copper-haired teen's shoulders went rigid and he balled his fists. The second boy, obviously the brains, noticed this as well and backed up closer to his bodyguard.

"And what had you intended to do?" The detective asked calmly, writing a few things down on a pad of paper. The brain of the pair looked from Kaoru and back to the man questioning him.

"The doors are always locked tight at four. You can get out but you can't get in. We waited a while, thinking that everyone was gone, and then we unlocked the doors. But because of this baka-"

"I forgot something!" The dumb one interjected. His friend ignored him and continued, licking his lips nervously when he saw Kaoru tense further out of the corner of his eye.

"Because of this baka we had to go back... again. It was another half hour before we were back on campus." He lowered his voice, knowing that this was going to result in something painful. "We were going to graffiti the lockers near Raku-sensei's room... Then there was this gunshot."

"And screaming." The dumb one.

"It sounded like someone was fighting off a demon, those wails were so horrifying. After a few minutes we decided to get the hell outta dodge." The smart one finished simply. His expression told that he didn't care about what had taken place the night before. He only cared about whether his simple-minded accomplice could hold of Kaoru long enough for him to get away or not. The odds weren't looking good that with the bloodthirsty expression on the copper-haired boy's face. Shinya prepared for the worst, noting that Die was glancing up with an expression similar to Kaoru's. Toshiya began to back away more, not getting ready to stop them but not going to help the two either if they decided to pounce. Oh, how bloody this was going to be.

The detective glanced at the group of teens and then to the graffiti artists. He didn't seem too happy about the story either.

"So, in other words you're the entire reason that a teacher was shot to death and a student was beaten down and dragged away?" Yasumi arched a graying brow. Graffiti Artist Two's face suddenly grew offended.

"We didn't mean for this to happen!" He almost yelled as he took a step towards Yasumi. The old detective had four inches on him though so he backed down again almost instantly. Wise decision that one was, but his next one however, was not. He added. "It was just a joke..."

"A joke! You think that something like this could still be classified as a JOKE!?" Kaoru was silent no longer and his restraints were gone. Before Shinya could do anything, Die was at the older boy's side, his hands clenched into fists. Toshiya's coffee-colored eyes flared with surprise and he stepped behind the junior and the senior.

The graffiti artists were standing side-by-side, facing Kaoru and Die. They both seemed to be considering hard, whether or not they wanted to get into a fight at the moment. Yasumi pretended to look elsewhere.

Finally the two graffiti artists decided what they were going to do.

"Well, why ya gettin' so worked up about!?" The dumb one had found his voice again and he sure as hell was going to use it to the best of his abilities. Die's head snapped to look at the bulky teen, red hair framing his normally smiling face. He wasn't smiling now.

"Nani?" He snarled, advancing a little on the simpleton. "-The hell is that supposed to mean!?"

"It means-" The hulking boy shoved the redhead roughly, not aware of hostile hawk eyes watching every move he made. "That everyone's going to forget that little blond FUCK-" He shoved Die again, his low observation skills making him oblivious to the storm in the smaller boy's eyes. "-In a few days ANYWAY!"

A fist collided with his right eye before he could shove the redhead again, knocking him to the dew-covered grass. In a heartbeat, Kaoru was on top of the younger but larger boy, striking him as many times as he could manage in the chest and face. The dumb boy's friend made a move to help the larger boy but stopped short when Die's knee connected with his gut, knocking the wind out of him. Unlike his friend however, he managed, surprisingly, to remain on his feet.

Shinya was up, his movements fluid despite his lack of physical activity.

"Toshiya! Help me!" He yelled; bolting passed the blue-haired runner just as the large boy managed a good shot to Kaoru's chin, knocking the hawk-eyed boy off of him. Toshiya looked confused for a moment, the scene finally registering. The track-star ran to where Die was currently using the smart graffiti artist like a soccer ball and grabbed the redhead by the back of his shirt, making a feeble attempt to yank the short boy away from the winded heap on the campus lawn.

Yasumi had backed up further when the hazel-eyed boy had fallen almost on his shoes. It was easy to see that the man was pretending to scribble things in his notepad as the group of teenagers wailed on each other.

After being knocked away Toshiya made another grab for the back of Die's uniform but was knocked off his feet when the pair suddenly rolled towards him. In no time he was mixed in with the two older boys as they fought it out. Shinya had had no better luck when the large and stupid boy had kicked him hard in the back of his knee. The auburn haired beauty fell winded and confused onto the lawn next to his friend and his opponent.

"Boys, I think you should stop." Yasumi said casually, not bothering to be heard over the enraged screeches and the sounds of bone colliding with flesh. The old man glanced over slowly to see a group of people rushing over to stop the commotion.

The headmaster and several other faculty members were racing as fast as they could to the writhing mass of students on the lawn. By now the separate battles had merged into one knot with Yasumi casting an amused glance at the teens.

"WHAT IS the meaning of this!!??" The headmaster cried, his scowl causing his wide face to almost sink into itself. He was around the same age as Yasumi, but he had aged far worse.

The boys froze where they were, the entire knot motionless and a comical sight to meet the headmaster and his escorts.

Shinya was pinned under Kaoru who had the smaller graffiti artist by the collar, his posture built up and ready to throw another punch that would very likely knock the other boy unconscious. Toshiya had managed to get behind the dumb graffiti artist and was now holding the larger boy in a chokehold while Die struggled to get out from under the mammoth's knee, blood gushing from a bloody nose.

The headmaster looked at Yasumi.

"You didn't try to stop them?" He gave the impression that he had swallowed a whole lemon. Yasumi looked up from his pad of paper again, mouth slightly agape to inhale.

"Well, I did Jitsuwa-san, but they would have none of it. An old man like me can't do anything but point a gun at them and hope they listen." The headmaster, Jitsuwa, growled under his breath, but looked now at the adolescents that were still frozen in mid-blow. Clearing their throats and wiping the blood from their lips and noses all six males removed themselves from each other. All attempted to straighten their gray and black uniforms, trying their hardest to avoid the headmaster's stone cold gaze.

"You should all be ashamed!!" Jitsuwa was on the verge of roaring and causing the teens more bodily harm than they had caused each other. Shinya and Toshiya glanced at each other. Small bruises were already forming and there was a cut over the track-star's left eye. Jitsuwa's face turned red as the teens failed to provide a proper response. "In a straight line! All of you!"

All six of them complied, clambering around while looking at their feet and grouping as far away from opposing sides as possible.

Yasumi closed his notepad and put it in the pocket of his overcoat as the headmaster began to look his students over. The teachers that had followed Jitsuwa had not yet dispersed but were milling about in earshot to see what became of the students. Kaoru bit his lip and was the first one to actually look up at the headmaster. The way his eyes were narrowed, he was probably about to jump the older male like he had the dumb kid standing to his right.

"Is this what you want them to see our school as? A bunch of ruffians that crack under pressure?"

"No, sensei..." The line of adolescents droned. Jitsuwa wasn't satisfied.

"And you, Niikura, you graduate in a matter of weeks!!" The man stomped up to the copper-haired ringleader, resisting the urge to grab the hawk-featured boy by the collar. "You do not want to jeopardize that do you?"

"No, sensei... I do not." Kaoru stated rather calmly, clenching his fists tightly and gritting his teeth. Jitsuwa looked at Kaoru a moment longer, and then to the other teens, before he righted himself and walked over to Yasumi.

"Go to class, all of you. And if anything like this happens again you'll regret it." Jitsuwa muttered, loud enough for only the teens, Yasumi, and the milling teachers could hear. Instantly the graffiti artists were on the paved walk and near flying to the Literature building. Kaoru unclenched his fists and turned to Die, who was now making an attempt to stop the warm liquid from spilling out of his nose. The redhead didn't seem bothered by the blood so much as his uniform getting ruined. The headmaster turned to look at the aged detective that had obviously found the entire scene he had been witness to entertaining. "Now, detective, you said that you had some issues involving this that you wanted to discuss with me?"

"Hai, I did. Can we go to your office?" Yasumi's tone was pleasant. Then again, he must've dealt with situations like this on a regular basis. "The information that I need to talk with you about is classified."

"Right this way." The headmaster growled, walking towards the main building. Jitsuwa turned around. "Niikura! Andou! Hara! And Terachi! Get to class before I suspend the lot of you!"

The group scattered and the two men continued on their way.


"This is shit..." Die leaned over the table and snatched a French fry from Kaoru's plate. The older boy made no move to stop him as he stared off into space with a venomously calculative expression. "We have a right to know more about what's going on!"

"They don't think so." Toshiya put his head down on the table, causing Shinya to utter an odd babbled swear and move his food away before the taller boy's elbows knocked his lunch everywhere. "Die-kun! Stop stealing Kao's food!"

"He's not eating it!" Die whined, taking another as he said this. Kaoru, reacting to his redheaded friend's shrill protest, glanced at the younger boy. The argument registered and he shoved his tray of food over to Die.

"Go ahead and eat it Die-kun, I'm not hungry." The copper-haired boy muttered, watching as the redhead began to snarf down the random articles of junk food on the tray. Shinya watched the scene; lifting his chopsticks up to his mouth, the boy chewing his food delicately. He was pondering. "So? What are we going to do guys? About this?" Kaoru asked quietly.

Die stopped eating and Shinya froze with his chopsticks halfway to his mouth, sepia orbs flickering with unspoken words that stated his want to ask the same questions.

"FINALLY, someone brought it up!" Toshiya sighed loudly, sitting up right again and looking around at the other lunch tables to see if anyone was shooting them odd looks. There were a few people, but not enough (or any close enough) to worry about eavesdropping. When his observations were finished he turned back to his friends. "They're gonna keep us outta the loop! We know that! But I want to do something!"

"We all do Totchi-kun... I don't think there's anything we can do though..." Shinya said quietly, setting his chopsticks down. Die scratched lightly around his nose, looking with mild interest as some dried blood appeared under his fingernail, and then shoved the tray of half-eaten food into the center of the round lunch table.

"I've lost my appetite..." He mumbled. All boys looked to their unanimous leader, waiting for his take on the matter.

"Yasumi is still here? Right?" The boy's hawk-like eyes were getting clever. Toshiya looked from the auburn haired boy to his left to the redhead sitting across from him, and then finally back to the intimidating ringleader.

"Hai, he keeps going back and forth between the arts building and the main office. All classes are canceled over there. They're sending the students to the library for quiet study. Why?"

Kaoru started to smile.

"Shin-kun" The ringleader's voice was bittersweet. "How much time before lunch is over?" The auburn haired freshman looked at his watch, pursing his lips. He looked up again after he had judged the amount of time. (His watch is analog)

"Twenty minutes."

"Good. Come with me everyone." Kaoru rose and grabbed his schoolbag. Die was next, snatching up his bag and running after the shorter boy.

"Where are we going!?" The redhead queried as he slipped his arms into the straps on his bag. The screech of chairs being pushed back rapidly told that Toshiya and Shinya were now in tow of the copper-haired senior.

"To do something."


The four stood clustered outside of the main office, three still wondering how they were going to accomplish their goal and one still not relinquishing the information. Kaoru began to meander around the hallway, remaining near the main office. After a moment or two he stopped beneath an air vent and looked back at the younger boys, the calculative gleam still in his hazel eyes.

Kaoru motioned for them to come over there and they complied, though they had a vague idea that what their leader had planned would get them in even more trouble than the brawl a few hours ago. If they got caught that is.

"Die, come here and lift me up." Die looked at him suspiciously, but did as he was told, walking over. Kneeling down the redhead laced his own fingers together to make a step.

"Whatever you have planned, leader-sama, you had better do it fast!!" Quickly Kaoru placed his foot in the taller boy's hands and gave another motion. Die lifted the older boy up quickly, Toshiya and Shinya moving around warily in case there was a mishap and the copper-haired boy came tumbling down to the linoleum floor. Once the senior was able to reach, he slipped his slender fingers through the grate of the vent and wrenched the metal covering away. Die's arms were shaking.

"Okay, you can let me down now." Die grunted and before he could manage to let Kaoru down gently his arms gave out and the hawk-eyed teen went tumbling one way and the grate the other.

"K'so!" The redhead swore loudly.

"Uh-oh!" Shinya dove after the grate, managing to catch it before it hit the ground and alerted the staff inside the main office that there were students gallivanting through the halls when they should be in lunch or study.

Where Shinya had had some success with catching the grate, Toshiya and Kaoru weren't so lucky. The blue haired track-star had moved to catch the shorter boy, but the force of Kaoru's fall had knocked them both to the floor in a clatter of limbs, dyed hair, and still battered uniforms. Die ran over to where the two other boys were, Shinya doing the same as he attempted to find a convenient way to hold the metal grill.

"Gomen... Daijobu?" The redhead sounded somewhat embarrassed.

"I'm fine...." Kaoru groaned, pulling himself off of the lanky runner.

"Itai... Kaoru... you're heavy..." Toshiya pulled himself up from the ground, his back cracking loudly. Shinya sniggered and helped the blue haired beauty to his feet. Kaoru fixed the track-star with a grumpy look.

"Let's finish this and then we can discuss my weight problems." The senior moved again to stand beneath the vent, which was now open and sending a cool draft down at them. "Alright, who's the smallest?"

"Kyo would be, but as you can see we've misplaced him, Leader-sama." Die responded sarcastically and somewhat dejectedly. "What are you planning?"

Kaoru beamed and his friends stepped away from him. That look meant trouble.

"We're not doing something illegal are we?" Shinya groaned. "You do realize that you're almost old enough to be tried as an adult, right?"
"Oh stop fussing! We're not doing anything illegal!" Kaoru assured the younger males, but then added quietly. "... I don't think we are at least..."

"Get on with it! The bell's gonna ring soon!!" Toshiya whispered, looking back to the door to the main office, where the headmaster's office was also located. Kaoru shot Toshiya another irked look and then focused on the remainder of his band of misfits.

"So here's what we're going to do.... One of us, whoever's the smallest, is going to climb up into that vent and crawl through until they get to the vent above the headmaster's office. When they get there, they're going to use either mine or Die's cell phone, since ours have more memory and such, to record whatever Yasumi says to Jitsuwa-sensei. Simple enough?"

"How do you know there's a vent in the headmaster's office?" Die sounded genuinely perplexed. Kaoru flashed him an exasperated look.

"Die, come on now, I'm in there every other week! What do you think I stare at when he's lecturing me?" Kaoru huffed. His hazel gaze then turned to the freshman. "Shinya, you're the smallest, you have to go up."

"I am not the smallest! You're just saying that because I'm a freshman!" Shinya crossed his arms over his narrow chest, glaring up at the senior. Toshiya started to giggle and Die snorted back a laugh.

"You are the smallest Shinya, don't argue. And I'm not picking on you because you're freshman. Get over here and take my cell phone so we can get this done before the bell rings."

The auburn haired boy groaned loudly and trudged over to the older boy, taking the small device that the copper-haired senior had pulled from his pocket. Kaoru seemed satisfied that no one had yet to argue with him again.

"If we get caught, Kaoru, I'm gonna blame you." Shinya mumbled, as the other three boys gather around him to lift him high enough to climb into the chute. "Because if we get caught doing this, then we won't have any way to help Kyo."

"We know. That's why we need to do this quick." Die grunted as he, Toshiya, and Kaoru lifted Shinya up. The scrawny teen quickly stuffed the small beat up cell phone into his pocket as the gaping tunnel came closer to him. There was dread in the pit of his stomach. He felt that soon something reckless would occur as a result of whatever they heard here. He swallowed loudly and entered the darkness, leaving his friends to him disappear.


In an instant of consciousness his eyes shot open to meet unfamiliar surroundings. Pain was coursing through every fiber of his body, while blood trickled down his back from the wound in the junction between his head and neck. Everything was out of sorts even though his eyes had focused.

He licked his lips slowly, gagging when the taste of ink filled his senses, and sat up shakily. Fear was eating at his insides but he forced himself up all the way.

"Where am I?"

=TBC=
Sign up to rate and review this story