Categories > Cartoons > G.I. Joe

A Christmas Toast

by Medic_or_Medic_Lifel 0 reviews

Ace receives an unexpected Christmas gift from an unexpected acquaintance

Category: G.I. Joe - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Other - Published: 2005-12-14 - Updated: 2005-12-14 - 983 words

1Original
Disclaimer - I do not own GI Joe Hasbro does. The song Snoopy vs The Red Baron is a song sung by the Royal Guardsmen, Copyright 1966. I do not have permission to use the lyrics from them or the possible new owner. This was done for fun and please do not sue.

Authors notes - A big thanks to Storm O for her wonderful beta work. This is what happens when you hear one too many Christmas songs and work late. This is also me thinking way out of my comfort zone and little box character wise. So I will now go back into my box close the lid, and enjoy my comfort zone again. Sting is a custom Cobra character of mine that I have created; he cannot be copied or used without permission.
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Christmas Toast

Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum, Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
du kannst mir sehr gefallen! Of all the trees most lovely
The news had come out in the First World War
The bloody Red Baron was flying once more
The Allied command ignored all of its men
And called on Snoopy to do it again.
Twas the night before Christmas, 40 below
When Snoopy went up in search of his foe
He spied the Red Baron, fiercely they fought
With ice on his wings Snoopy knew he was caught.


Ace had been sitting down, enjoying a nice evening with the team. He had been one of the few people who stayed on duty to guard their hidden European base this holiday season. Ace had gone home last year, so the pilot had to pay the piper this year. Everyone else had gone to bed a few hours ago, but Ace could not sleep for the fact that it was Christmas morning, and again away from his family.

As he sat there watching the military television channel in the recreation room, A Charlie Brown Christmas was replaying for the umpteenth time this year. The pilot laughed, remembering that was how he got into flying in the first place. Snoopy had fought off the Red Baron, and as a child, Ace ate it up. He admired the cartoon dog, and during his childhood, he and Snoopy had many adventures, pretending he was a pilot. Now, he accomplished that goal and was one of the best.

Suddenly, his communicator went off.

"Ace," Dial-Tone stated," We have a problem. A lone COBRA Rattler is casing the area. You are being instructed to go check it out."

"Just one?" Ace asked, wondering what was going on.

"Yes, we do not know what he is up too," Dial-Tone replied.

"I'll be up in the air in a second Dial-Tone," Ace told him, getting up.

"Clear, " Dial-Tone said as he jotted the information down.

Ace grabbed his flight jacket and threw it on over his winter flight suit. This was the coldest day on record so far. The wind bit him through his pant's legs," Bbbbbrrrr," Ace shivered as he made his way to the plane in the hangar.

Stepping into the warm hangar, he watched as his plane was finally readied for take off. Putting on his helmet, he climbed the ladder to the Sky Striker, taking his seat as the hatch closed. As he taxied, Ace thought of Snoopy again, smiling," Just you and me pal, " he laughed. " He better watch himself tonight," Ace said out loud grinning.

"What was that?" Dial-Tone asked over the radio.

"Nothing Dial-Tone, sorry, just thinking of a very old friend," Ace replied. Looking at the gages before him, he made sure that everything was reading right. What nobody knew was that the pilot had a tattoo of Snoopy on his upper thigh; that way if he wore shorts, no one knew. Well, no one but the ladies.

Ace waved to the tower as they told him, "Clear for takeoff. Please use runway two."

"Clear," Ace acknowledged," Runway two. "

Ace taxied the plane to the designated runway, and with a whoosh, he was in the air. "Where the hell is he?" Ace asked himself, looking for the Cobra Rattler. Suddenly his alarm went off, notifying him another plane was in the area. Too late, the Rattler flew past him. Suddenly his radio frequency was blocked.

"Hello Ace," the voice on the other end of the radio said evilly.

"Oh no..." Ace knew that voice; it was his nemesis from Cobra: Sting.

"Sting....How nice to meet up with you this lovely holiday morning," Ace replied to the other pilot.

"Yes, same here," Sting told him, a smirk on his face behind his mask.

Ace heard an alarm sound on the plane, as a missile was launched in his direction. Ace returned fire, but both missiles missed their targets by inches. Both planes chased the other. Ace did not really want to take the plane down, hoping the pilot would eventually tire of the game of cat and mouse.

Ace noticed he was starting to have a hard time with the jet. Looking out, he realized he had ice building up on his wings. He was running out of time.

Each dodged the other as they continued to fire their machine guns. They both suffered minor hits but not enough to damage the other's aircraft. Ace knew from the first time that he flew against this pilot that he had met his match, but he never told anyone else. Fear started to grow inside him as the Rattler made an incredible aerial maneuver, positioning himself directly behind the hotshot GI Joe pilot.

Christmas bells those Christmas bells
Ring out from the land
Asking peace of all the world
And good will to man
The Baron had Snoopy dead in his sights
He reached for the trigger to pull it up tight
Why he didn't shoot, well, we'll never know
Or was it the bells from the village below.
Sign up to rate and review this story