Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

24: Never payed attention in school

by horuskitty 0 reviews

'Cause we're all a bunch of animals. (sorry for the lack of updates...I've been on vacation!)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-07-20 - Updated: 2007-07-21 - 3168 words

0Unrated
It took some time, but Gerard didn't seem to care anymore about his whereabouts. He had been dragged and kidnapped all over the place and it finally got to the point to where he just didn't give a shit anymore. He sat there on the concrete table he was on, knees pulled up, hands clamped together with his arms resting beside his knees...and with wolves surrounding him, completely filling the room up. Gerard just glared at the wall, relaxing, but still a bit tensed up. He felt along his neck, and still felt some small holes and tears around there. The blood had dried up but he was still healing. It was taking him a while to heal since he wasn't a fully fledged vampire yet. If he was...he could heal as fast as Leslie did.

Out of the blue, one of the wolves barked and snarled and tried to leap onto the table where Gerard was at. He kicked its face as it shrank back.

"Fuck off!" He shouted, suddenly becoming intensely angry. "If any of you try that I swear to God I'll fucking do you in like I did the other one!!" He snapped. The wolves shrank back, turning their heads, almost like they understood what he said. "Fuck!!" Gerard smacked his palm onto the table and then put his arms back around his legs.

"You should really control that anger of yours." Came Kaylyyn's voice as she stepped in.

Gerard pushed his head onto his knees. "Just when I thought my life couldn't get any worse..." He muttered.

"You know another thing about being a vampire is that we have better hearing than humans..." She said, approaching him.

"Good, that saves me the trouble of having to repeat myself--keep your /distance/, red-head..." Gerard said, keeping an eye on her.

"My apologies." She said.

"Damn right. What do you want with me /now/?" Gerard said, folding his arms.

"Your friends are a danger to you-they're a danger to all of us--"

"Fuck off! ...Again!!" Gerard spat.

"You don't believe me?" She asked, not surprised at his reaction.

"I don't know what to believe anymore, but, NO...you of all people I don't believe." He said.

"Well then...don't come crying to me when one of them stakes you..." She said. "...Oh, wait, you won't be able to because you'll already be dead." She cackled.

"/What/?" Gerard said, completely irritated.

"You forget...you're going to become a vampire sooner or later." She said.

"Not unless I get my friends to cure me." He said, grinning.

"I told you before, there /is no cure/." She replied.

"You fucking liar." Gerard spat.

"God, you have a mouth, don't you?" She said, pacing the room.

"Yes, I do, and it'll have your neck ripped out one of these days." Gerard said, refusing to move from the table, but keeping his eye on the red-head.

She sighed. "I wasn't lying though..." She said, kneeling down to pet one of the wolves. "...Whatever they did to your friend, it won't last long."

Gerard's eyes narrowed at this. "I still don't believe you." He said. "Does she think I'm stupid? Who am I supposed to believe...my friends who have stuck by me through thick and thin...or this psychotic bitch that keeps trying to get into my pants? I think not..." Gerard cackled in his mind.

"The so called cure that they used on that black haired girl is only temporary." Kaylyyn said, glancing a defiant look at him.

Gerard said nothing but looked up at her.

"The effect will wear off not too long from now. They have only tricked you." Kaylyyn said. "Don't believe me...but remember what I told you. There is no escaping your inner demon." She said before walking past him and out the door, closing it behind her.

Gerard was left alone again...to ponder on what to do...and how to do it.


~~~~~*~

Meanwhile back at the hospital, the doctors confirmed that Frank would be okay. He just had a lot of stitches put in, and claimed that he looked like Frankenstine, which didn't seem to amuse the others too well. They were allowed to visit Frank, and the doctor was right when he said that Frank looked like /Frankenstine/...Frank was covered in stitches. But he acted like he was just fine. He had stitches that ran from his shoulder to his collar bone to his chest. He had bandages wrapped around his forearms and one wrapped around his head and left eye. And he had a tiny cut on his bottom lip. He still had dried blood spots on him in numerous places, but other than that, he looked OK.

"Are you doing alright, Frankie?" Leslie asked, approaching his bed.

"Yeah. I'm okay...I promise." He smiled and gave them a thumbs up. Eileen was nearly brought to tears at this sight. Frank was completely torn up...but he was still himself. "Still haven't heard anything about Gerard?"

Everyone shook their heads.

"I can't sense him anywhere." Leslie said.

Eileen stood silent, but just took Mikey's hand in hers and clasped it tightly. Mikey did the same as they both watched the others talk about their situation.

Suddenly...Mikey felt something. "I can..." He thought. "...I can feel him...how can I--?"

"Mikey?" Eileen asked, looking up at him.

He looked back at her. "I can feel him..." He said.

"What?" Eileen said with a light chuckle.

"I'm telling you I can--..." Mikey was so startled at this feeling, he couldn't think of anything else to say.

"Mikey..." Leslie said. Mikey looked at her in response. "...You're the brother of a vampire..." She began. "...You two are blood related. You have his blood in you, therefore...you can feel him near you...it's the bond between relatives who are blood related. You're human, you have no genes, but it's possible for you to feel him if--..." Then Leslie glanced down at their hands clasped together. "...--if you're connected with another vampire..." The last sentence was but a whisper.

Mikey then looked down at his and Eileen's hands and glanced up at her. "Then...do you think it's possible for us to find him?" He asked.

Leslie shook her head. "It is possible. Though if we're going to look for him then we need to hurry before he's completely changed. If he changes into a full vampire then it'll be harder to detect him; he could get mixed in with all the other vampires in the area, and we might accidentally pick up on Kaylyyn or...whoever else is in the area." She said.

"You guys, go on without me. I'll be fine for God's sake..." Frank said.

"You sure?" Leslie asked. "Maria, Alexia, why don't you stay with him?" She said.

"I suppose we could make sure he doesn't get himself into trouble." Maria glanced at him.

"Sounds good. Alright, we should hurry. Come on, guys." Leslie said, making her way to the door. "Get well properly, Frank...OK?" Leslie said, before exiting the room.

"Sure thing." Frank said. "Good luck you guys...you're gonna need it." He waved.

"We'll be okay.../you/ just focus on healing properly, OK?" Eileen said, patting his arm.

"Sure thing, angel." Frank smiled. "Be careful this time, would you?" He said, rubbing her hand with his thumb.

"I will. I promise." She smiled back.

And with that...she and the others left.


~~~~~*~

"Alright, darling...I think it's time I taught you more about yourself and how to control certain things."
Kaylyyn began, walking back into the room.

Gerard rolled over on the table, facing the wall. "I think I'd rather learn that from Leslie than from /you/." He spat.

He suddenly began to feel a certain effect on himself...he started to act...sluggish. Like he didn't have any care whatsoever. He ran his index finger along the table and repeated this several times.

"Believe me...if you learn it from me you'll have much more control over /yourself/." Kaylyyn said with a grin.

"...Yeah...like trying to control my urge to kill you..." Gerard said, rolling his eyes. "Alright. Fine." He said, rolling over and sitting up with his legs crossed. "Have at it, cherie." Gerard raised an eyebrow at his own comment. "Woah...where did that come from?" Suppose he forgot about the 'lust' part in being a vampire...

Kaylyyn cocked her head and grinned at him. "Alright then...first things first...relax." She said.

"Oh, God..." Gerard groaned in his mind...he felt like she was teaching him yoga instead of control over his own mind and body. Though he went along with her gesture and let his shoulders relax. He now looked hunched over, but still relaxed. "OK..." He said.

"Good. Now, the first thing you want to learn to control is your /mind/." She said, pointing at the side of her forehead.

Gerard nodded, but wasn't quite sure what she meant. "What do you mean /my mind/?" He asked.

"Your mind is what chooses your actions. Even though you think you're making that choice...it's really your mind deceiving you, therefore making the choice itself." She said. "For instance...if you had a choice to kill me now...or kill me later...which would you choose?"

"Now." Gerard said, leaning forward and making his eyes sharper.

"Ah.../that's/ what I'm talking about." She said, waving her finger at him. "Your mind is fixed on revenge...and you being in the process of turning into a vampire only pushes your buttons even harder." Kaylyyn said, pushing his shoulders back with her index fingers. "You have to think about what you really want--"

"I want a cure to keep me from turning." He said.

"Once again...that is not an option." She said.

"You still haven't explained that to me. The whole 'temporary' thing--"

"PAY ATTENTION!!" Kaylyyn shouted. Gerard sat up straight, but keeping his bored/smug expression on. "Now then...as I was saying...you have to think about what you really want right now. Let's use another example...something simple...like, for instance, if all your friends were dangling from a cliff...who would you save first?" She asked.

It was a minute or two before he answered. "I'd jump too." He said.

Kaylyyn smiled at this. "How sweet..." She said. "Back to the subject...if you had to choose between revenge and life...which would you choose?"

Gerard took that one to thought. He completely remembered about the past record they made.../Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge/...he remembered about how the last two records were all about saying 'RAAAAGH!!' and then he thought about their newest record /The Black Parade/...which was more focused on life itself, and how people will have to face death someday and that there was no escaping it...he then thought of his 'earthly attachments'...which would be his friends, his family, his /brother/...he would definitely choose that over anything...even revenge...he would definitely choose his life, his friends, his family over anything...even getting revenge on Kaylyyn and that Christine chick. He knew what his decision was.

He just stared at the floor for a minute or two before he saw Kaylyyn's hand waving in front of his face. "Earth to Way?" She said.

Gerard still didn't move. "...M-my life..." He murmured.

Kaylyyn nodded at this with a smile. "Good boy. A plus for your first lesson." She said, taking her index finger and pushing Gerard's head up. "Second thing you need to learn is /lust/." She said, raising an eyebrow and grinning widely enough for him to see her sharp fangs.

"Oh...great...lap-dances galore..." Gerard rolled his eyes and fell backwards onto his back purposely.

"Not /that/, stupid--get up here!!" Kaylyyn shouted, pulling him back up. "Alright, this is the second most important thing for you to learn--"

"Second most important?!" Gerard found this highly amusing and laughed.

"SHUT UP!!" Kaylyyn said again. "Once again...pay attention..." She flicked his forehead. "There will be times when you suddenly feel a certain lust coming over you. Man or woman...lust is lust." She said, and giggled when Gerard raised both eyebrows at her comment. "Sometimes when you're tensed up, that certain feeling of want will shoot in, and you'll find yourself losing your control over lust. That can turn out bad, however...if you have a girlfriend or lover and they're human and don't know you're a vampire, or if you don't have control over this problem...you could hurt them...they might try to stop you and you'll most likely tear them to shreds. I know...that's called anger, we'll get to that soon. Though if someone makes you angry, depending on your opponent, you'll become attracted to them in a violent way; in other words, if you get angry enough, you'll kill them, even if you thought they were attractive. Now...let's see how fast you can control it..." Kaylyyn said, looking at him with a slight grin and raising an eyebrow.

"I don't like that look on your face..." Gerard said with his head slightly looking another way, but he still had his eye on her.

"Think fast!" Kaylyyn said, picking up a wooden chair and tossing it at Gerard. He jumped and threw his right arm up and then jerked it to the right, and he could feel the chair break in half as it flew right past him.

"FUCK!" Gerard instantly snapped at the new wound made on his forearm and elbow. "What was that for?! Oh..." Gerard stopped and soon felt something sharp under his lips. He lifted his hand up to his lips and began to move his tongue around...and he raised his eyebrows.

"Ah..." Kaylyyn smiled and tilted her head. "Your /teeth/..." She said. Gerard just looked at her. "Again...think fast, bitch!" She said, picking up a table and throwing it at him. Gerard then lifted himself up on one knee and threw both arms into the air as the table instantly burst in half as it hit his forearms.

"What is wrong with you?!" Gerard said.

"You'll only find out by learning!" She said, running over to a large pile of bricks and cinderblocks, and picked up a cinderblock and threw it at him.

"Oh fuck..." Gerard said, raising his arm up again, this time, he was knocked off the table. He landed right in the middle of the surrounding wolves, they growled at him, only they didn't attack him this time... "Oh!!" Gerard gasped and yanked himself up, after coming face to face with an open jaw full of razor sharp teeth. He leapt up and kneeled down. "You are one crazy bitch..." He said.

"And you're still not learning." Kaylyyn said, picking up two more cinderblocks and throwing them at him.

He stood up and knocked them away one by one like he had superpowers or something close to it...he began to make his way toward Kaylyyn, with blood flying in all directions. "You are--..." Gerard stopped, hitting another block. "...--/really/ starting...to piss me off!" He shouted.

"That's it! Come on!" Kaylyyn shouted, pausing briefly. But before she could pick up another block, Gerard had her pinned against the wall. He put his face very close to hers as they both felt each other's breathing on each other. He just stared her down, as she looked at his mouth, she could see two white points showing up underneath his upper lip. "Clever boy..." She said.

"If you do that again..." Gerard said, letting his head drift towards her neck. "...I'll rip your arms off..." He said.

Kaylyyn soon felt him and his urge to rip that neck of hers out get stronger. Although he had her arms pinned to the wall, she wasn't helpless. "Remember what I said, dear..." She said. "...control your lust."

That, however, didn't seem to help. She suddenly felt Gerard's urge to -as he said- 'rip out her throat', become stronger. She felt his hand crawling up her hip...and she had enough of him digging his face into her neck. "/Gerard/..." She jerked her free hand away and struck him hard across the face. He jumped back in surprise.

"What was that for!?" He yelped.

"I said control it not encourage it!" She snapped, apparently angry...and embarrassed... "Now...do you see what you just did? You were trying to.../what was it?/ Oh.../'rip my throat out'/..." She said, sarcastically. "...Again...control those urges...anger can trigger it sometimes. So you have to think about both...control that lust of yours and you won't hurt your friend or whoever it is you're attacking..." She said.

Gerard just blinked and looked at the ground.

"So...control it...show me..." She said, stepping closer to him, and closer, and closer, until her nose was under his chin.

Gerard felt torn between his anger (which was scratching at wanting to rip her apart), his lust (which had censored thoughts about what he'd do to her before killing her), and his mind (which was telling him he was an idiot and needed to get a grip and just step back).

"Oh fuck it..." Gerard muttered irritably, shoving Kaylyyn away from him. "Stay away from me, goddamn it..." He said.

"Good boy! Another A plus for your second lesson!" She said, skipping past him and patting his shoulder. He just rolled his eyes. "Alright...last lesson. This one will be the hardest--.../sit/." She said, pointing at the concrete table. Gerard walked over and sat down and folded his legs. "This one will be about anger/. Anger is the one thing that can trigger your genes to develop quicker...which I noticed earlier." She said, looking at his mouth. "Sometimes when you get angry...your rage can take over your mind...not giving you a choice. It will control your entire body and you won't be /you any longer. You'll be locked inside your mind, with no place to escape as it may seem...but you've got to learn to fight it." She said, walking over to the corridor. "Sometimes your rage will make you so angry you won't know what to do with anything but yourself. You will completely lose yourself and all you'll think about is wanting to hurt someone or something. You need to learn to control it and make sure that that never happens."

Gerard nodded. "So. This sounds something that has to do with my mental state?"

Kaylyyn nodded. "There's only one way to see how much control you have over that rage of yours." She said, opening the corridor. "Christine?" Kaylyyn called, as the red-hooded girl came back inside...except she had something completely unexpected.

She had her wolves dragging in the now bloody and torn bodies of Gerard's friends...and brother...

He could've sworn he felt the mental cord in his mind, snap...
Sign up to rate and review this story