Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Pour This Fuel, Pass This Lighter, Set Me On Fire...It's Going to Be A Cold Night

Pour This Fuel, Pass This Lighter, Set Me On Fire...It's Going to Be A Cold Night

by MyVengefulRomance 4 reviews

"I'd burn alive to keep you warm." Their love unravels...and it all ends. Slash, no names used.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-07-20 - Updated: 2007-07-21 - 979 words - Complete

0Unrated
` Disclaimer- I own nothing recognizable; this never happened. I don't own the song lyrics used, either.

A/N- Inspired by The Bled's song 'Porcelain Hearts and Hammers for Teeth' at literally two in the morning. No names are mentioned, so feel free to match it to any fandom or any pairing, but for some reason I pictured Gerard Way/Brendon Urie. (NO CLUE AS TO WHY) Prepare for the most convoluted and idiotic story ever written. (I like it.) Enjoy...

Warnings- I curse like a sailor. So, language.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'd burn alive to keep you warm."

Whispered words in the black night air, the summer air heavy and hot as they stood outside on that balcony on which many a heart-wrenching confession or devoted words had been exchanged. The hot breath against the clammy flesh made the hair on the back of his neck stand straight up.

He turned to face the speaker, his eyes full of anguish as they stared into the pale face, porcelain skin reflecting in the moonlight, crystal tears shining on flawless cheeks.

"I'd burn alive for you," the man, no.../boy/ repeated.

The elder shook his head, turning away once more. His kept his eyes on the horizon, on what he knew was the ocean from the sound of the crashing waves many feet below. He could barely look at the boy.

"You know nothing of what you speak." He spat the words, spitefully and angrily. He could almost see boy flinch and draw back, a new spring of tears washing away the drying salty residue from earlier.

From earlier, when he had ended this sinful...affair for good. From earlier, when he had crushed the boy's dreams and broke the boy's heart, or at least what was left of it.

He had figured that in order to save this boy, whom he truly /did /love, was to break it off, end it for good. All he ever did was make things worse, make beautiful things break and bleed. It was too late to undo the damage he'd already inflicted on the boy, so he did the only thing he could: end this harmful relationship before anymore harm was done.

"Please," the boy's plea floated in the humid air and dropped uselessly to the stone balcony floor. The boy knew it was over, but he'd be damned if he didn't fight for it. "I love you so bad. I know it hurts now, but w-we can fix it, can't we? ...can't we?" His voice cracked in the middle, the fear of actually losing his lover, best friend, counselor, hell, his /brother/, smothering him.

All rational thought was quickly fleeing his mind as he grabbed the older man by the shoulders and spun him around, forcing him to face him, to look at him. To see in the emotion, to see how badly the elder was killing him.

They stared each other deep into the eyes, the adoration that had once been there erased, replaced by anguish and fear, and in the older man's, hatred. Not of his companion, but if himself.

"I can't keep making you suffer for my sins," he whispered brokenly, pleading with his eyes to let the boy understand. The boy dropped his arms to his sides, his hands clenching tightly into fists as he struggled to breathe.

Determinedly, he choked out, "It's not too late to fix this. It's never too late. I...I love you, why-?"

"No," the older man interupted. "You don't fucking understand me. I /need /you to hate me." Grabbing the boy's shoulders before he could react, he shook the tiny frame viciously.

"Hate me, dammit!" he screamed, trying to shake his words into the boy's head.

"I hate everything about you!" shrieked the boy, tearing himself from the steely grip. "I don't know why I love you, and dammit, I don't fucking care!" His voice dropped, and he whimpered. "Why isn't that enough for you?"

Leaning against the railing, the elder covered his face and let out a choked sob.

"Leave me now, please. Just go," his voice was small, defeated as he refused to look at the boy's face which had undoubtedly fallen.

"Just go?" the boy repeated disbelievingly. "You think I can just /walk away /from a five year relationship? Have you lost your mind?"

"Yes," came the answer, terror lacing each word. "I think I am. No, get out before I kill you!"

The boy took a step backwards, asking softly, "Like, metaphorically speaking? As in, killing my soul? 'Cause if that's the case, dammit, you should really-."

"No! Get the /fuck /out!" shrieked the elder. "/Get out/!"

The boy jumped at the outburst, slowly backing away as his face crumpled in tears. His eyes were wide and his body was shaking as his heart finally shattered. He made it to the door, and the elder followed to the point where he was inside the hotel room but not any closer than before.

The younger opened the door and started through, but stopped midway and turned with his hand on the doorknob.

"My offer still stands," he whispered tearfully, stifling a sob. "If you're ever cold...call me."

And then the boy was gone forever, leaving the man to collapse in his misery, a sobbing mess. The police found his lifeless body four month later.

The boy never learned of his one and only true love's death, as his own body was found a few days later.

The police never found the connection between the elder's frozen corpse and the younger's charred remains.

"I'd burn alive to keep you warm."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- I couldn't waste my emo-ness of yesterday night. ...I seriously am in love with this. Am I an asshole, thinking too much a piece of shit? Review, and tell me, nicely of course! Con-crit is more than welcome and greatly encouraged!
Sign up to rate and review this story